Who has viewed the thread

colinsunderland

RIP Colin
Is this something that has been removed as some threads I can still see who has viewed it, yet on others I can't.
It would be useful to have it on PM's too, so you can see when reps are ignoring you rather than not read the message.

As I have said before. Those who you have put on ignore are able to read your post when offline and so can copy your post while offline then quote it and respond. They can also like/laugh or whatever somehow your post?
I have only once used the ignore function but it is clearly not fit for purpose

Hi you two. I will check into both of these things tomorrow. Thanks for heads up.

And yeah. Ignore functions work only when logged in. But you won't have this issue in sections like the attic or private social groups. You have to be logged in to see those.

As I have said before. Those who you have put on ignore are able to read your post when offline and so can copy your post while offline then quote it and respond. They can also like/laugh or whatever somehow your post?
I have only once used the ignore function but it is clearly not fit for purpose
Unless it's custom to this board, the ignore function isn't really 'ignore' it's basically hide the members posts from you.
For example, if you put me on ignore, you won't see this post. However, I will still see yours as I don't have you on ignore. I can then quote you and reply to you as normal. You won't however see my reply as I'm on ignore.
If someone then quotes my reply to you, you will see that, as you don't have them on ignore, just me, and it is them making the post, which includes the text from mine.
I would also be able to like your post as I would be able to see it, whereas you couldn't to me as you wouldn't be able to see it to react to.

Thats the way most xenforo boards (and most others vbulletin etc) work with ignore

Unless it's custom to this board, the ignore function isn't really 'ignore' it's basically hide the members posts from you.
For example, if you put me on ignore, you won't see this post. However, I will still see yours as I don't have you on ignore. I can then quote you and reply to you as normal. You won't however see my reply as I'm on ignore.
If someone then quotes my reply to you, you will see that, as you don't have them on ignore, just me, and it is them making the post, which includes the text from mine.
I would also be able to like your post as I would be able to see it, whereas you couldn't to me as you wouldn't be able to see it to react to.

Thats the way most xenforo boards (and most others vbulletin etc) work with ignore
That is not how it is working right now Col

That is not how it is working right now Col
I just did a quick test, yeah it's slightly different to what I've seen before. You can still see someone's posted but you get a yellow banner saying the content is ignored, and the quoted text is the same. Strangely you can still like the ignored users post (without actually viewing it).

It is a limitation of the board though, the ignore function is just hiding the text of the person you have on ignore rather than actually hiding the member. It's a bit useless to be honest, I disabled it on my board as it caused more problems than it solved.

I just did a quick test, yeah it's slightly different to what I've seen before. You can still see someone's posted but you get a yellow banner saying the content is ignored, and the quoted text is the same. Strangely you can still like the ignored users post (without actually viewing it).

It is a limitation of the board though, the ignore function is just hiding the text of the person you have on ignore rather than actually hiding the member. It's a bit useless to be honest, I disabled it on my board as it caused more problems than it solved.
I understand what you are saying. It is no big issue to me and I suspect that Bryan is probably unable to do much about it in here. I don't know. But I was advised to use the ignore facility to avoid getting in to trouble with folk. I use it once and the facility is limited.
But to be fair I feel so much less involved in here anyway than I used too

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back