Where do slot providers get the voiceover people from?

steveh35

Dormant Account
Just curious but is there a company that employs people who get paid just to say "Zeus, Poseidon, Wrath of Olympus" or if you ever play Candy Crush I wonder if that man who says "Sugar Crush" ever gets repeat fees.

Is there a company who provides the voiceovers or are they done by people who work at say BTG or Play N Go?

I doubt any slot provider would have a rooster of voice actors hired full time. Most likely it's handled by their marketing department, who hires freelance voice actors on a on-need basis depending on the slot. Or like you said, they have a company on retainer that provides the talent.

Oh, and voice acting is a bit more work than saying a single line and receive a paycheck. The voice bits in Rise of Olympus where probably redone tenfold times before they got the tone they wanted.

I doubt any slot provider would have a rooster of voice actors hired full time. Most likely it's handled by their marketing department, who hires freelance voice actors on a on-need basis depending on the slot. Or like you said, they have a company on retainer that provides the talent.
I meant did they use someone from the office if they just needed someone to say a stray word in their game rather than pay a professional?

I meant did they use someone from the office if they just needed someone to say a stray word in their game rather than pay a professional?
Maybe, but I highly doubt it. They would also need a proper microphone, and preferably a sound booth as well. Seems a waste to invest in any of this when you can just grab a freelancer from Upwork or wherever

Just curious but is there a company that employs people who get paid just to say "Zeus, Poseidon, Wrath of Olympus" or if you ever play Candy Crush I wonder if that man who says "Sugar Crush" ever gets repeat fees.

Is there a company who provides the voiceovers or are they done by people who work at say BTG or Play N Go?

They mostly use freelancers when they need new spoken text passages.

One of the site where you can hire virtually any type of freelancer is Upwork. You post a job and people apply for it.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

They mostly use freelancers when they need new spoken text passages.

One of the site where you can hire virtually any type of freelancer is Upwork. You post a job and people apply for it.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
I have thought about voiceover work before but I doubt they want a Yorkshireman going "how do it's bloody Zeus with his useless lightning bolt" "blood hell ye lost again" "Oh bye eck it's the golden D who da thought it".

When we making bingo awps, we searched the internet for suitable voice samples and sounds.
If we needed something special we did it ourselves, you would not believe how difficult it can be
to produce phrases with the right tone and inflection.Very few people can do it properly

Last edited:
When we making bingo awps, we searched the internet for suitable voice samples and sounds.
If we needed something special we did it ourselves, you would not believe how difficult it can
produce phrases with the right tone and inflection.Very few people can do it properly
I was a bingo caller many years ago and you have to learn how to say the numbers in the correct way and with the correct tone and put the pauses in the right places.

I was a bingo caller many years ago and you have to learn how to say the numbers in the correct way and with the correct tone and put the pauses in the right places.

Exactly, Emphasis on the "OH" in O-69

Bingo calling was one of my first jobs or as I fondly describe it in stories "Getting paid $12/hr to stare at colored ping-pong balls and catch up on my latest reading between beeps"

;-)

NO, not guilty!
:) No it was just having watched your videos Imo you have a very distinctive voice. The first couple of times I loaded that game it just bore a resemblance. Like it was your voice going through a voice enhancer or similar gadget.

Would have been ok at 1p for every time the game was loaded:p.

If they do hire professionals it'll be done on some kind of yearly buyout I guess. It's meant to work on a yearly basis but some people let the rights go forever for a slightly higher fee. Knowing game companies though they probably just get some dude off Fiverr to do it for 50 quid.

I like more story based games, they should use voice overs more often in these sort of games. It's better than annoying repetitive sound effects. Was it Immortal Romance where the characters would speak to you?

I have thought about voiceover work before but I doubt they want a Yorkshireman going "how do it's bloody Zeus with his useless lightning bolt" "blood hell ye lost again" "Oh bye eck it's the golden D who da thought it".

It's a big world out there, I wouldn't be surprised if there are people who would enjoy a slot that gives you a bit of a sarcastic ribbing.

I actually have provided voice samples to one developer, but alas they haven't been included as of yet. If a game with them ever gets released, you'd know straight away it was me. Don't ask for any further elaboration, if it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back