What the )_(!#*@$)@(#*$%@# are they thinking??????

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
If this passes, I'm seriously thinking about moving out of this country. This has to be the last straw. If they were actually TAX THE UPPER CLASS LIKE THEY SHOULD BE, they could get the money that way, and have some left over! You've even got billionares saying they don't pay enough taxes, as it is. This is friggin ridiculous! The only people this would hurt are the ones that can't afford it in the first place, and drive this country into more of a recession than it already is in.

And if this does pass, IMO it'll just lead states to think "wow, the feds increased the gas tax to get more money for the highways, so why can't we do the same for our state roads?", and follow suit.

They haven't seen a "death spiral" until this passes. I couldn't even list all of the repercussions this tax would cause.

Outdated URL (Invalid)

Federal commission seeks up to 40 cent-a-gallon increase in gas tax
By BRAD COOPER
The Kansas City Star

Saying the country is in transportation “death spiral,” a national commission today recommended as much as a 40-cent increase in the federal gas tax to unclog our highways.

Last edited:
OMG. What is fueling the recession? High fuel costs. Not to be a commie:D but we really should nationalize or at least socialize petrol. Here's your ration card for the week, taxfree. Hummerdude, you wanna drive that thing? Buy some coupons from the guy who decided to take the bus to work this week, and yes, you will be taxed on that transaction.

OMG. What is fueling the recession? High fuel costs. Not to be a commie:D but we really should nationalize or at least socialize petrol. Here's your ration card for the week, taxfree.

Wasn't this done during the gas shortages in the 70s? :D

This guy can fix this mess but Fox News and the other large corporations and Neo Con's don't want to listen: Not trying to get on politics here, but he is definitely worth a look at.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.

Not bad for a republican.

January 15, 2008 11:30 am EST

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul says a proposal to raise the federal gasoline tax is the last thing the American people need in a slumping economy. The recommendation comes from a panel made of corporate executives and government bureaucrats commissioned by Congress in the 2005 transportation bill. Congressman Paul was one of nine votes in the House against the bill.

This is a great example of how out of touch big government and big business are with the American people, Paul said. With gas at three dollars a gallon and a slowing economy, the last thing we need is a tax increase to be paid by Americans who can least afford it.

Paul called on the other presidential candidates to join him in opposing this and any other tax increase proposals that come down in the future.

Not bad for a republican.

Personally I love the guy and I am going to vote for him soon and his morals for one are without question but I don't think that the american public are ready for such an honest president...you know how Jack Nicholson's character said it best in the movie A Few Good Men... " You Can't Handle The Truth " rings so true to this election and the blind sheep in the american public !

Actually it will be the first time I have ever voted for a Republican !

rings so true to this election and the blind sheep in the american public !

I really don't think the public is as blind for this election as they were for the re-election of the dumbest (#*$@#$@ president in history. I'm sure there's going to be record breaking turnouts when the polls open to everybody.

sidenote: I've asked for this thread to be moved to the Attic...:thumbsup:

I really don't think the public is as blind for this election as they were for the re-election of the dumbest (#*$@#$@ president in history. I'm sure there's going to be record breaking turnouts when the polls open to everybody.

So So True...well said win...:thumbsup:

I love the way he kicks the sh@t out of the stuffed shirts in every debate.

No doubt, he is definitely not afraid to tell the truth the way things really are...but the challenge is to actually get enough voters to listen...and he has won every debate that Fox news has let him in..:thumbsup:

40c a gallon? Gee then it would be nearly 1/3 the price we pay! :eek:

I just Googled LA gas prices; average about $2.90/gallon.
Right now in the UK petrol (gas) is about 1.05/litre = about 4.72/gallon = about $9.35 per gallon... :mad:

You guys have absolutely no idea just how well off you are!

(My wife & I run diesel cars - and that is even more expensive! :()

40c a gallon? Gee then it would be nearly 1/3 the price we pay! :eek:

I just Googled LA gas prices; average about $2.90/gallon.
Right now in the UK petrol (gas) is about 1.05/litre = about 4.72/gallon = about $9.35 per gallon... :mad:

You guys have absolutely no idea just how well off you are!

(My wife & I run diesel cars - and that is even more expensive! :()

:rolleyes:

Sure, we're better off than some parts of the world, but look at it in our perspective.

Where federal gas taxes stand now, a 40c increase will more than double what taxes (state & federal, combined) are in place right now.

Think about what this sharp increase (13% increase based on $3/gal) is going to do to shipping costs for retail stores, which in turn will raise prices on everything in (any) store...dramatically....which in turn will affect pretty much everything. Can we say "Domino effect"?

I don't know how I missed this zinger:

Saying the country is in transportation “death spiral,” a national commission today recommended as much as a 40-cent increase in the federal gas tax to unclog our highways.

Yea, that tax sure will unclog our highways! How can we drive if we can't afford the gas?? :D

Besides, we need the highways to go on vacation. How could we afford a vacation with those gas prices? Fly? Nah, they're going to be affected just as much....so expect airfare to go up as well....

I like Ron Paul...

But I think this makes the point that is NOT just about who is President, it is about who is in Congress.

It is the Congress that makes these stupid laws and it is the people in Congress that need to be replaced along with the President.

We have Senators building bridges to nowhere, Leading Congressmen keeping tens of thousands of dollars in their refrigerator freezer wrapped in tin foil, Senators having sex with children and other Senators trying to pick up sex partners in public bathrooms and who is that keeps taking all that special interest money.... Why it is the Senators and Congressmen...

And last but not least... We have a President and Vice President that have committed Impeachable crimes...
But a Speaker of the House that refuses to follow the Constitution and Impeach...

By the way the Constitution does not give a choice to the congress, if there have been crimes committed by the executive branch there must be a Speedy Impeachment Hearing by the Congress.

So everyone can keep thinking that getting a new President is going to fix things... but it won't unless we git rid of all the congress people that refuse to follow the Constitution as well....

Think about it when you go to vote.

I like Ron Paul...

But I think this makes the point that is NOT just about who is President, it is about who is in Congress.

It is the Congress that makes these stupid laws and it is the people in Congress that need to be replaced along with the President.

We have Senators building bridges to nowhere, Leading Congressmen keeping tens of thousands of dollars in their refrigerator freezer wrapped in tin foil, Senators having sex with children and other Senators trying to pick up sex partners in public bathrooms and who is that keeps taking all that special interest money.... Why it is the Senators and Congressmen...

And last but not least... We have a President and Vice President that have committed Impeachable crimes...
But a Speaker of the House that refuses to follow the Constitution and Impeach...
By the way the Constitution does not give a choice to the congress, if there have been crimes committed by the executive branch there must be a Speedy Impeachment Hearing by the Congress.

So everyone can keep thinking that getting a new President is going to fix things... but it won't unless we git rid of all the congress people that refuse to follow the Constitution as well....
Think about it when you go to vote.

Those are all great points there Lots0 and my sentiments too...:thumbsup:

I thought Nancy would be better, but she is absolutely a F*&%^$# turncoat....:puke:

Just out of curiosity, how much is everybody paying for a gallon of gas? I know it's different in every state.

Florida 3.01 today

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back