Unsubscribe, unsubscribe, unsubcribe

skiny

Banned User - violation of <a href="http://www.cas
What exactly do I have to do to unsubscribe to Grande Mondial's emails? I've unsubscribed time and time again.

I even got one in something that looked like Portuguese. (I'm guessing. I only speak English and I don't even speak that very well.)

Today I got two exact same emails 6 hours apart. "We've extended your weekend of winning." - It's not even the bloody weekend. How can you extend something that hasn't started yet?

The only thing you're really extending is the list of times I've clicked that useless unsubscribe link at the botoom of the email.

Do you or did you have an account there? If you never had an account, the worst thing is to click the unsubscribe link, this just verifies to them that the address is good. If you did have one, email support and insist that they close your account and remove you from the mailing list.

What works for me is to email the support department with this:
"After numerous unsuccessful attempts to UNSUBSCRIBE from your site I am still receiving unwanted email offers which I now consider to be SPAM. Any further emails will be reported to SpamCop, which will result in your being added to a number of blacklists and will affect the deliverability of valid emails."

Then sign up at SpamCop.net and report any more you receive. I used to get 6-7 a day from different sites, now I get one a week if I'm lucky.

Of course, it could be an affiliate doing this as well. If it is and you can find the affiliate info in the email, or in your browser's cookie when you click the link, you can report them to the sites affiliate support and probably get them dropped from the program. This is always fun, because if they get dropped, they lose any income from their spam campaign.

Ok. Now that I've emailed them personally and asked to stop getting the emails and I still get them. What do I do next?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back