Ukash expands to 16 more countries

jetset

RIP Brian
UKASH EXPANDS INTO EUROPE

More online gamblers can now use a quick and easy financial service

The innovative and player-friendly payment solution Ukash is further extending its operations in Europe after success in the UK, German and Spanish markets and wide acceptance by leading online gambling firms like Ladbrokes, 888.com, Party Poker and bwin.

Ukash is now available in 16 additional European countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Poland, Slovakia and Sweden.

Ukash vouchers can be purchased by cash at retailers or through the buyer's bank, and the 19 digit voucher number can be despatched to the buyer via email or SMS for immediate online use at the growing number of online gambling sites that accept this convenient form of payment.

"Ukash has been a great success in the UK, Ireland, Spain and Germany and I am sure that the expansion across Europe will ensure that this success story continues, CEO Mark Chirnside claims.

Ukash is the trading brand for Smart Voucher Ltd., a company authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the United Kingdom as an electronic money institution.

It's a neat concept but it's a devil to find an outlet that does them. I tried one day and gave up after all these weird looks from cashiers in places like Boots!

UKash

I tried it a while back (might have had something to do with a 100% bonus for trying it out).
It is a real pain compared to other methods, and is really designed for those players too poor to have acces to the main financial sector, and this group should not really be gambling anyway as a general rule (unless single and having no dependents).
Finding outlets is a pain, but the situation will improve. All shops with the "paypoint" service should be able to offer UKash, however many do not know how. When I tried it, I was told they had not done it before, but knew about it.
If the service has extended to sending the vouchers by E-mail, users should be aware of the risk involved. UKash numbers are just like cash, anyone who gets hold of the number first can spend it, just like if you had dropped a 20 note and someone else had found it and shoved it in a Fruit Machine.

There is one really great use for UKash though, laundering the drug money or fake banknotes:D
I am rather surprised the product exists in the current form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back