TV shows and Twitter & Facebook (short vent inside)

Mousey

Ueber Meister Mouse
It's really beginning to get under my skin. Watching a live event (say NASCAR racing, or Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction) and they'll have some cutie talking head (who looks as if she's wearing her 9 year old daughter's clothes) butt in with "Joe Smith in Backwoods, Ohio just tweeted..." .. or someone's wife posted something on Facebook. Excuse me, but... I don't give a flying frack!!

It's really beginning to get under my skin. Watching a live event (say NASCAR racing, or Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction) and they'll have some cutie talking head (who looks as if she's wearing her 9 year old daughter's clothes) butt in with "Joe Smith in Backwoods, Ohio just tweeted..." .. or someone's wife posted something on Facebook. Excuse me, but... I don't give a flying frack!!

I don't watch either of those. What do you mean a "cutie talking head butts in"?

You mean like during the show, a person pops up and tells you what someone has tweeted? Is it about that show your watching?

I remember watching election night on tv, and they had a scroll across the bottom listing tweets, but yours sounds different?

Don't you know mousey....if you don't Twitter it, and/or put it on facebook these days, it really didn't happen....or noone will know it happened.
It's almost like people moved their frigging whole life online....frightening if you ask me.

I don't watch either of those. What do you mean a "cutie talking head butts in"?

You mean like during the show, a person pops up and tells you what someone has tweeted? Is it about that show your watching?

I remember watching election night on tv, and they had a scroll across the bottom listing tweets, but yours sounds different?

They have an 'announcer', who is designated with keeping up with what is being said on Twitter and Facebook about the event, and then (more times than not, it's a skinny girl in a short skirt LOL) she is to tell the viewing audience some highlights from what is being tweeted or faceplaced (dunno what the verb is for that LOL) regarding said event or the drivers or whatever. 99.99% of the time it's useless, pointless drivel.

Don't you know mousey....if you don't Twitter it, and/or put it on facebook these days, it really didn't happen....or noone will know it happened.
It's almost like people moved their frigging whole life online....frightening if you ask me.

(I goofed up the multi-quote thingy)

I find it totally creepy. I've been using the internet for.... well... seems like forever... and during all those years, I've tried my darndest to keep personal information OFF the web... LOL

They have an 'announcer', who is designated with keeping up with what is being said on Twitter and Facebook about the event, and then (more times than not, it's a skinny girl in a short skirt LOL) she is to tell the viewing audience some highlights from what is being tweeted or faceplaced (dunno what the verb is for that LOL) regarding said event or the drivers or whatever. 99.99% of the time it's useless, pointless drivel.

Hahahahaha I read that as faceplanted!!! :laugh:

Pointless drivel coming outta twitter? You must be joking? :D

It is also backfiring. A good deal of BS is faceplanted or twat, and becomes fact, much to the consternation of the celebrity involved:p We then have court actions. Lawyers must love this social networking phenomenon.

I watched a documentary about shocking celebrity moments, and a "sex tape" released on Twitter lead to a court action. It involved a "blow job" given by said celebrity, and many comments were about her poor performance, rather than about the fact she was caught on tape. She went to court, and obtained...

a GAGGING order forbidding further circulation of the tape
:lolup:

It is also backfiring. A good deal of BS is faceplanted or twat, and becomes fact, much to the consternation of the celebrity involved:p We then have court actions. Lawyers must love this social networking phenomenon.

I watched a documentary about shocking celebrity moments, and a "sex tape" released on Twitter lead to a court action. It involved a "blow job" given by said celebrity, and many comments were about her poor performance, rather than about the fact she was caught on tape. She went to court, and obtained...

a GAGGING order forbidding further circulation of the tape
:lolup:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA