Treasure Ireland strategies?

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
I don't know why this didn't come to me earlier, but my brain finally got kickstarted earlier...lol

Does it make good sense to hold 2 maps (if offered) and then bump your bet up until you can either hold the reels any more, or hit the feature?

Anyone want to run the maths? :)

edit: hmmm, this might be a "bug"...just ran into the same situation and I couldn't raise my bet before spinning again.......

edit2...but it let me raise after holding 1 maps ....let me find a pattern here and I'll get back with it :)

edit3:...I think it's random on whether or not you can raise the bet after holding. I just ran into 2 maps in the same spot (-xx) and it let me hold them and raise my bet before the next spin.

So far, it's going good in doing that...hit the feature 2/3 times while doing that, and each time raised my bet up to $5 from $1 and it paid off 11x and 6x...but I wasn't getting greedy in the bonus round; because by raising my bet size by 5x, those would amount to 55x and 30x wins @ $1, respectively.

So, the final question is - good idea, or no?

Last edited:
I found the pattern; it's not random. The spins where you can't increase your bet is when one reel 'wiggles' and tells you to hold that reel....which is usually a 1x shamrock :)

My theory is that it really doesn't matter if you raise (or lower) your bet after holding two maps. The bonus round pays whatever it ready to pay anyways.
And another thing, lets say you're doing $0.1 spins and its ready to award the top feature (which is what you're going for). Then you raise your bet to $1-10. It probably won't give you a very good bonus round, but if you take one of the lesser value features it may pay you the same as a JP on a $0.1 bet would have done.
Lol did that make any sense? :p
All this IMHO of course.

The real mystery for me about these "slots" is how some of them seem to be ready to pay out big the very first time you play them. It clearly pays after you lose a lot, but there may (must) be a random element to it as well.

Freddy

On all the MG pub slots, you are never allowed to increase the stake on the next game if it is a certain winner eg holding a wiggling reel or "let them spin"
after a nudge which is understandable.
RE Treasure Island ,it will allow holds at a higher stake and will give wins and features from those holds but in all cases the machine will only pay as much as the stored pot allows , if the game intended the feature to pay 100x on a 10p stake, it will only pay around 10x on a 1 stake.
I have tried every stratagy on this game and never found any advantage from increasing stakes.
In case you didnt know, the game builds a pot up from the stakes on each game and all wins and features values are dependant on the size of this pot.
If you are prepared to reject wins and play features until they lose, the pot will eventually reach a sufficient size to allow the jackpot or top feature to be awarded.
There does seem to be a mechanism which loads larger amounts into the pot at random. which is probably financed by a percentage of the stakes.

When the larger pot loads happen, TR will give a higher reel win or series of
reel wins.When it does this you will find that the next feature will go to a higher level.

Hope this helps

On all the MG pub slots, you are never allowed to increase the stake on the next game if it is a certain winner eg holding a wiggling reel or "let them spin"
after a nudge which is understandable.
RE Treasure Island ,it will allow holds at a higher stake and will give wins and features from those holds but in all cases the machine will only pay as much as the stored pot allows , if the game intended the feature to pay 100x on a 10p stake, it will only pay around 10x on a 1 stake.
I have tried every stratagy on this game and never found any advantage from increasing stakes.
In case you didnt know, the game builds a pot up from the stakes on each game and all wins and features values are dependant on the size of this pot.
If you are prepared to reject wins and play features until they lose, the pot will eventually reach a sufficient size to allow the jackpot or top feature to be awarded.
There does seem to be a mechanism which loads larger amounts into the pot at random. which is probably financed by a percentage of the stakes.
When the larger pot loads happen, TR will give a higher reel win or series of
reel wins.When it does this you will find that the next feature will go to a higher level.

Hope this helps

Correct on both counts;)

Now, the question is whether there is a way to "shock" the game into making these random pot injections, similar to how some pub Fruit Machines can be manipulated by unusual play patterns that the programmers did not anticipate.

I have found one possible "manipulation", but suspect it only steals from the pot.
When you get the wiggling reel, and it is a decent one, not the shamrock. Suppress it from spinning in by holding all three, and THEN up the bet. I have found the SAME symbol is offered on the wiggle, but at double the bet, is worth twice the amount. I have then dropped the bet back down to the lower level, and the game does not seem any less "dead" because of this, although the pot also does not seem any more full.

The amount stored into the pot is certainly random, but it seems that whilst taking FEATURES depletes the pot, taking the REEL wins does NOT, if anything, a series of REEL wins can be a sign that the pot has received a boost. You cannot really refuse reel wins though, since they will be offered again and again, and then will spin straight in.

I would presume that MGS have thoroughly tested these games for potential exploits, certainly more so than the likes of Barcrest, and particularly the much loved (and emptied) ACE machines of the early 90s:D

I've raised my bet after holding maps and everytime a third map would appear, I end up on the lose feature on the first(!) spin and a couple of times on second spin. So my experience tells that the game does not like that. Tried this about 50 times total. Sure it could also be bad luck.

Also sometimes the game just decides to kick me out of the feature. I've once landed on the Mystery -> Continue? about 8 times in a row, though I managed to choose yes each time. On the ninth time it landed on Mystery -> Lose instead. :rolleyes:

I've also noticed that it's better to choose the first thing you receive, even if it's something crap. But it's just my view. :]

true omg!

OMG you are 100% correct every single time i raise my bet it rolls the same unlucky number and then it goes to the win/lose thingy then its always lose :( 10 times out of 10 times i raised my bet it did this.

OMG you are 100% correct every single time i raise my bet it rolls the same unlucky number and then it goes to the win/lose thingy then its always lose :( 10 times out of 10 times i raised my bet it did this.

This tells us one thing. The outcome is NOT RANDOM, so MAYBE the games can be beaten, just like some of the real machines in the pub.

Raising stake usually leads to worse features offered. Again, this tells us that features are paid from the accumulating pot, so doubling the stake means that lower features have to be offered whilst the pot is built up from spins at the new stake.

What you are really hoping for though is the random pot injection. This is the only way to really win on these machines. Even if you keep on taking modest features, you can STILL see the random pot injection, and it should suddenly offer something far bigger, and this SHOULD BE TAKEN, since this suits this style of play.

In the real world, it can take MONTHS of play to really learn a game, so it is no surprise that I have now been studying Treasure Ireland for the best part of 2 YEARS, and only recently have I discovered this pattern of very large and random pot injections as paying a significant part in the really big payouts.

Other offerings do not offer the same freedom to refuse wins from the feature, and therefore the method of "forcing" (refusing wins) will not work on them. Games like this also exist in the real world, and have to be approached with different tactics.

Now, I would like to know how much MGS are going to pay me for generating such a world wide interest in these fruities:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back