Whine and Moan Three Strikes and I'm OUT!

mrobservant

Dormant account
Well I've finally been beaten. It took 6 long, frustrating years but I've finally come to the conclusion that live poker is my calling. Online crushes me like ant under a boot. I thought I was good at the game (my live results prove that), but online poker is a whole new level - a whole new game in itself. Nothing makes sense - odds don't seem to matter, suckouts are so frequent I think I'm playing a different game and dry spells seem to follow me like a bad smell - especially (or so it seems) when I have managed to build up a small investment into some sort of workable bank. Today was a lesson learn't that I should have noticed 6 years ago. So whilst the online game was a love-hate relationship over those years, it has now become a sour, bitter divorce. I have now closed all my accounts and removed myself from mailing lists. I will admit, it will be tough for a while. The poker devil will be in my ear calling me to play 'just a little - how can that hurt, right?' But I am determined to ply my skills on the felt from now-on. So an era has come to an end. But thankfully, live poker is just around the corner. Shuffle up and deal.

PS
Good luck to all of you in poker cyber land. I am now far removed from it.

Well I've finally been beaten. It took 6 long, frustrating years but I've finally come to the conclusion that live poker is my calling. Online crushes me like ant under a boot. I thought I was good at the game (my live results prove that), but online poker is a whole new level - a whole new game in itself. Nothing makes sense - odds don't seem to matter, suckouts are so frequent I think I'm playing a different game and dry spells seem to follow me like a bad smell - especially (or so it seems) when I have managed to build up a small investment into some sort of workable bank. Today was a lesson learn't that I should have noticed 6 years ago. So whilst the online game was a love-hate relationship over those years, it has now become a sour, bitter divorce. I have now closed all my accounts and removed myself from mailing lists. I will admit, it will be tough for a while. The poker devil will be in my ear calling me to play 'just a little - how can that hurt, right?' But I am determined to ply my skills on the felt from now-on. So an era has come to an end. But thankfully, live poker is just around the corner. Shuffle up and deal.

PS
Good luck to all of you in poker cyber land. I am now far removed from it.

To me, online poker, online blackjack, online VP ... all the card games in other words ... simply do not feel the same or play the same online. Online poker is like playing a different game with the same name. It demands a totally different mindset. Whatever good habits you develop for live poker will often get you slaughtered online.

my 2 cents

Good luck to you! :thumbsup:

To me, online poker, online blackjack, online VP ... all the card games in other words ... simply do not feel the same or play the same online. Online poker is like playing a different game with the same name. It demands a totally different mindset. Whatever good habits you develop for live poker will often get you slaughtered online.

my 2 cents

Good luck to you! :thumbsup:

I appreciate your 2 cents. It only verifies (supports) my position

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back