This is a new one!

patrina

Experienced Member
Hey all, Anyone else get this scam yet? Geez, what next?
Patrina

United States Marine Corps. IRAQ‏
You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as unsafe
Sent: May 7, 2008 5:24:55 PM
Reply-to: brian_morgan121@mail.md
To:

I am Capt. Brian Morgan, a US Marine, serving in the 3rd Battalion, 25th Marine Regiment Anbar province, Iraq. I am presently in Iraq.I am seeking your ssistance to evacuate the sum of (Ten million Five Hundred USD) to the States or anysafe country, as far as I can be assured that it will be safe in your care until I complete my service here.This is no stolen money and there are no dangers involved. Contact me via my private box: brian_morgan1211@hotmail.com so that I canfurnish you with more details.Capt. Brian MorganUnited States Marin

p.s. You would think he would be able to spell Marine, after all he is Captain.:rolleyes:

Most of those originate in africa.

I watched a 20/20 last year where they confronted the scammers.

They are not too bright and seeking people who are dimmer.

Its a shame they sometimes succeed.

These fraudsters are despicable imo - not only for screwing the unwary, but in this case using the cloak of guys serving their country under dangerous conditions.

Most of this junk apparently comes out of Nigeria, where they seem to be trying to put a new face on an old scam.

OK, I have just had a screaming fit. My son is a Marine and has served in Iraq. For some lowlife piece of trash to use soldiers and the Marine Corps as a cover for their spammy mail is beyond low. They send it like this because you will open mail from a soldier and not from Whosywhatsis@nextduneover.com.

I am beyond pissed. Too much, just too much. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Perhaps someone should contact the person mentioned in the email(Capt. Brian Morgan) and let him know exactly what is going on and how someone is using his name in a most unsavorable manner.
When I receive emails like that, I hit reply and state that I have forwarded their email to the proper authorities and they will handle it from there.
Haven't received anymore(yet) after doing that. I guess some people just don't have any morals or scruples for doing the likes of that.

Marine Scam Mail

I've received several email scams like that. I have my doubts whether that name is even an active soldier. It certainly sounds like a Nigerian scam to me. I get tons of those - everything from my rich husband died and the government is keeping me from getting it to the minister running a missionary wanting to send money to the US and he will pick it up later to help all the orphans in Africa.

And we can't forget the UK Lottery. If I won all the money I was told I won, it would be over a billion dollars. One of my personal favorites is how they need a payment processor in the US to nserve their customers from some big textile corpporation filling orders. They want you to take their counterfit travelers checks, cash them at your bank and send them to them by Fed Ex. Of course, you get 15%.

Now I have a question for some of you registered members. I have been subscribed here since 2006 and posted several times in the forum. When I heard the news of the blog I was pretty happy, until I founf out I can't post. What do I have to do to be considered a registered member so0 I can post on my blog? It's a real killer being a writer and not being able to contribute. So Bryan, if you read tthis, let me know what I need to do to get a blog. I had several things I wanted to post.

these scams just make me sick , as they tend to prey on the older folks and helpless ones that think they may have hit a winfall, its sad, really sad there are people like that in the world.:mad:

Hi All, This person is obviously very sick and demented. I cant print here what I said in my reply. When I get these I report them to the scam sight right away. I'm not sure who to contact in the military about this but I'm going to do a search and try to find out. People like this need to be hung. Disgusting sick people who dont care about anyone else except their own greedy interests. If anyone knows of the avenues to take to report this to the military then please do. Or let me know and I will. And for the poster that has a son in the military, I completely understand as my cousin served in Iraq and my father was a Navy Seal. I would love to see these jerks arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent.
Patrina

Anger should be directed at the governments of the countries that harbour these scammers through their lack of commitment to put a stop to it. If the countries got together and tackled this, they will be driven out of everywhere that has a good enough internet connection for them to set this up. In addition, pressure needs to be applied to computer companies so that there are no acres of unpatched exploits in Windows, which is the operating system for 90% of the world, that allow these scammers to gain considerable leverage through use of botnets. Currently, it is up to the user to protect themselves, and there are so many products out there, some of which charge very high fees, that many users just give up and take what comes with Windows on their new PC.

Security on my PC has improved no end since my Nephew stopped visiting regularly;) (he is now too lazy to get out of bed since reaching the high teens and early 20's:D).

FBI web site

Here's a link to the FBI web site. They have additional links and information for the general public, including reporting a crime, and several links to other valuable sources, ex; homeland security. I haven't checked the whole site yet but from what I've read so far, it offers you alot of valuable contact information;
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Patrina

Marine Scams

In my earlier post I mentioned that I had received many scams like the marine one and others similiar. I just got another one last night. In the past I have forwarded many to the FBI, but their response was anything but optimistic. Basically they said, "Don't call us, we'll call you." Not even a thank you for trying to help them out. They said they get thousands of examples every week.

Well, excuse me, but I wouldn't want them to have to "do anything!" I mean, it's not like it's their job or anything!:mad: Now I know my tax dollars are being put to good use. They could of at least have been cordial.

I do agree that it takes a real cold-hearted scum bag to participate in such a scam. It looks like we may have to resort to being vigilantees and catch these creeps ourselves.:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back