therapy needed

couplecraft

Dormant account
I signed up at The Gaming Club poker room, and, because I found no new freerolls (I'm already on Dream Poker, which is part of the same network), I just deleted the icon off my desktop. Then I got an email from Gaming Club inviting me to a restricted new-registrants freeroll. I had a look and it didn't seem too promising, with a max player pool of 2,500 and only the top 50 getting paid, but the prize pool was $1,000--very high in a freeroll for a 50-person distribution--and only 278 people actually registered! I had a less than 1 in 6 raw chance to win more for finishing 30th than most small cardrooms offer in freerolls to the player who finishes 1st. So I was excited.

I was moved once, so I played two tables, and the other 17 guys I played against were all *good*. I was glancing at the stats display and it took half an hour to eliminate 40 players. Many freerolls lose 50%-60% of their players in less time than that. It was the best poker playing experience I've had all week because there wasn't a single opponent I felt I could disrespect. But I got killed while holding trips twice (once by a boat, once by a flush) and was bounced in 191st place.

So now I'm depressed and feeling like I'm never going to win money again. Anyone care to offer me some counselling?

couplecraft

welcome to the world of Prima Poker (now called microgaming poker network i think?)

players on this network are likely to call any bet with any draw so if you play here you just have to deal with a lot of horrendous beats.

welcome to the world of Prima Poker (now called microgaming poker network i think?)

players on this network are likely to call any bet with any draw so if you play here you just have to deal with a lot of horrendous beats.

Wow, I haven't found the freeroll players to be *that* loose. Are you talking about the cash players?

BTW, both losses weren't draws, they were traps. I was visually inspecting the inside of my colon and walked right into them. :mad:

couplecraft

Don't feel alone Couplecraft, there's been too many heads stuck up too many asses these days. At least yours was just up your own. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back