The Social Security Card

voltage1

Dormant account
The Social Security Card

History Lesson on Your Social Security Card

Just in case some of you young whippersnappers (& some older ones) didn't know this. It's easy to check out, if you don't believe it. Be sure and show it to your kids. They need a little history lesson on what's what and it doesn't matter whether you are Democrat or Republican. Facts are Facts!!!
Social Security Cards up until the 1980s expressly stated the number and card were not to be used for identification purposes. Since nearly everyone in the United States now has a number, it became convenient to use it anyway and the message was removed.Old Attachment (Invalid)
An old Social Security card with the "NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION" message.

Our Social Security

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social
Security (FICA) Program. He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be
Completely voluntary,

No longer Voluntary

2.) That the participants would only have to pay
1% of the first $1,400 of their annual
Incomes into the Program,

Now 7.65%
on the first $90,000

3.) That the money the participants elected to put
into the Program would be deductible from
their income for tax purposes each year,

No longer tax deductible

4.) That the money the participants put into the
independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the
general operating fund, and therefore, would
only be used to fund the Social Security
Retirement Program, and no other
Government program,

Under Johnson the money was moved to
The General Fund and Spent

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income.

Under Clinton &Gore
Up to 85% of your Social Security can be Taxed

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are
now receiving a Social Security check every month --
and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of
the money we paid to the Federal government to 'put
away' -- you may be interested in the following:

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the
independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the
general fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically
controlled House and Senate.

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax
deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democratic Party.

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social
Security annuities?

A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the
'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the
Senate, while he was Vice President of the US

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

Q: Which Political Party decided to start
giving annuity payments to immigrants?

AND MY FAVORITE:

A: That's right!

Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party. Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65,
began to receive Social Security payments! The
Democratic Party gave these payments to them,
even though they never paid a dime into it!

------------ -- ------------ --------- ----- ------------ --------- ---------

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA),
the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away!

AND CONGRESS GIVES THEMSELVES 100% RETIREMENT FOR ONLY SERVING ONE TERM!!!

I really wish people would quit bitching about which party is right and which is wrong. They're all crooked, can't you see that? But if you're going to bash parties, then it just divides everyone even further.

If someone doesn't like what this country has become, then by all means, leave.

I really wish people would quit bitching about which party is right and which is wrong. They're all crooked, can't you see that? But if you're going to bash parties, then it just divides everyone even further.

If someone doesn't like what this country has become, then by all means, leave.

your right Winbig...and I started to leave the "finger pointing" part out .. but what I found most interesting was First the history of the program and how it has evolved . then lastly the last line about congress getting 100% after a single term . doesn't matter whom made what changes ..the point is they were made
volt :cool:

The Social Security Card

History Lesson on Your Social Security Card

Just in case some of you young whippersnappers (& some older ones) didn't know this. It's easy to check out, if you don't believe it. Be sure and show it to your kids. They need a little history lesson on what's what and it doesn't matter whether you are Democrat or Republican. Facts are Facts!!!
Social Security Cards up until the 1980s expressly stated the number and card were not to be used for identification purposes. Since nearly everyone in the United States now has a number, it became convenient to use it anyway and the message was removed.Old Attachment (Invalid)
An old Social Security card with the "NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION" message.

Our Social Security

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social
Security (FICA) Program. He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be
Completely voluntary,

No longer Voluntary

2.) That the participants would only have to pay
1% of the first $1,400 of their annual
Incomes into the Program,

Now 7.65%
on the first $90,000

3.) That the money the participants elected to put
into the Program would be deductible from
their income for tax purposes each year,

No longer tax deductible

4.) That the money the participants put into the
independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the
general operating fund, and therefore, would
only be used to fund the Social Security
Retirement Program, and no other
Government program,

Under Johnson the money was moved to
The General Fund and Spent

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income.

Under Clinton &Gore
Up to 85% of your Social Security can be Taxed

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are
now receiving a Social Security check every month --
and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of
the money we paid to the Federal government to 'put
away' -- you may be interested in the following:

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the
independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the
general fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically
controlled House and Senate.

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax
deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democratic Party.

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----

Security annuities?

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

AND MY FAVORITE:

Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party. Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65,

------------ -- ------------ --------- ----- ------------ --------- ---------

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA),
the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away!

AND CONGRESS GIVES THEMSELVES 100% RETIREMENT FOR ONLY SERVING ONE TERM!!!

according to the ssi admin its almost all wrong and from an email that is circulating the web.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

AND MY FAVORITE:

Q5. Which political party decided to start giving annuity payments to immigrants?

A5. Neither immigrants nor anyone else is able to collect Social Security benefits without someone paying Social Security payroll taxes into the system. The conditions under which Social Security benefits are payable, and to whom, can be found in the pamphlets available on our website.

The question confuses the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program with Social Security. SSI is a federal welfare program and no contributions, from immigrants or citizens or anyone else, is required for eligibility. Under certain conditions, immigrants can qualify for SSI benefits. The SSI program was an initiative of the Nixon Administration and was signed into law by President Nixon on October 30, 1972.

An explanation of the basics of Social Security, and the distinction between Social Security and SSI, can be found on the Social Security website.

Security annuities?

A3. The taxation of Social Security began in 1984 following passage of a set of Amendments in 1983, which were signed into law by President Reagan in April 1983. These amendments passed the Congress in 1983 on an overwhelmingly bi-partisan vote.

The basic rule put in place was that up to 50% of Social Security benefits could be added to taxable income, if the taxpayer's total income exceeded certain thresholds.

The taxation of benefits was a proposal which came from the Greenspan Commission appointed by President Reagan and chaired by Alan Greenspan (who went on to later become the Chairman of the Federal Reserve).

The full text of the Greenspan Commission report is available on our website.

President's Reagan's signing statement for the 1983 Amendments can also be found on our website.

A detailed explanation of the provisions of the 1983 law is also available on the website.

Taxation of Social Security benefits

The amendment signed by Reagn in 1984 imposed income tax on benefits, atleast part of them depending on other income earned.

They did it because social security was in trouble.

Nothing changes

your right Winbig...and I started to leave the "finger pointing" part out .. but what I found most interesting was First the history of the program and how it has evolved . then lastly the last line about congress getting 100% after a single term . doesn't matter whom made what changes ..the point is they were made
volt :cool:

Don't apologize voltage. I understand how winbig feels but he isn't right. I've only lived a short time:baby: but for at least that long, :) theres always been 2 main parties Whether you like it or not. most of us fit in there somewhere right, left top or bottom wherever. I believe it can be added to the 'sure thing' list in life you know, death taxes, Snopes :lolup:

Your post may not be factually perfect :eek: word for word but the basic idea is as some here would say 'spot on' so thanks for posting it.

Mavin, my friend,

You know I like and respect you, but this is too far out there for publishing. An absolutely ridiculous bunch of crap, excuse my French!

You can find anything you want to believe in published somewhere, if you look hard enough. Unfortunately, way too many of the "truths" people buy into are NOT TRUE.

Like Swamp pointed out, not all of this info is true. It is put out there to garnish support for whatever party is out of favor at the time, the intent is to tarnish the "top dogs". The problem is that it is so easy to jump on a bandwagon and raise Cain. In a way, these stories keep people divided, which helps the powers that be stay on top. It is much harder to take the time to properly research what you read before you say it is truth.

Mavin, my friend,

You know I like and respect you, but this is too far out there for publishing. An absolutely ridiculous bunch of crap, excuse my French!

You can find anything you want to believe in published somewhere, if you look hard enough. Unfortunately, way too many of the "truths" people buy into are NOT TRUE.
Like Swamp pointed out, not all of this info is true. It is put out there to garnish support for whatever party is out of favor at the time, the intent is to tarnish the "top dogs". The problem is that it is so easy to jump on a bandwagon and raise Cain. In a way, these stories keep people divided, which helps the powers that be stay on top. It is much harder to take the time to properly research what you read before you say it is truth.

Jod, my dear friend, I like and respect you to, so I will reign myself in, but I will say this, many of the lies that people perceive as truths, are still lies, no matter how they are dressed. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back