Terrorist Attacks in Canada

Whats with the constant lying and misleading stuff from you?

This is CNNs front page. The two arrows are what was added well after the facts. They were approx 5 hours behind every news outlet and only seemed to put it on there after there was a twiiter uproar why they were only posting garbage about trump tweets.

The below was added approx 3pm eastern time (which I posted about on the next page). The other news outlets had those reports approx 5 hours prior.

I think you should just stop in all honesty. I mean doesnt common sense tell you I wouldnt come in here and lie when people could check cnn and see it wasnt there for themselves?

Why should I stop calling you out on your falsehoods?

The two stories on CNN were last updated at 17:51 and 17:59 GMT. FYI, Eastern Time is GMT-4 --> so at 13:51 and 13:59 Eastern Time. Updated means they were published prior to that (can be just 5 minutes or a couple of hours or even longer) and an update added at the stated time. Hence, a lot different from your statement that is was appr. 3pm Eastern Time.

Very much a similar time as to when they were published on Fox and a couple of hours after the Canadian Yahoo website. And I just checked Twitter and couldn't see any "uproar" as you put it.

I don't like either CNN or Fox, but you bashing CNN repeatedly with falsehoods and Fox certainly not being any better, indicates that you do this on purpose.

And once again, I am NOT the one lying and misleading!

Why should I stop calling you out on your falsehoods?

The two stories on CNN were last updated at 17:51 and 17:59 GMT. FYI, Eastern Time is GMT-4 --> so at 13:51 and 13:59 Eastern Time. Updated means they were published prior to that (can be just 5 minutes or a couple of hours or even longer) and an update added at the stated time. Hence, a lot different from your statement that is was appr. 3pm Eastern Time.

Very much a similar time as to when they were published on Fox and a couple of hours after the Canadian Yahoo website. And I just checked Twitter and couldn't see any "uproar" as you put it.

I don't like either CNN or Fox, but you bashing CNN repeatedly with falsehoods and Fox certainly not being any better, indicates that you do this on purpose.

And once again, I am NOT the one lying and misleading!

We were on here talking about it at the time CNN had nothing. Twitter was talking about it. LOL. I mean you keep trying to play gothchya but its only going against you.

I suggest next time you look properly before flying off the handle with false accusations. It does nothing good for you.

Like you do realize posters responded to it right? Some even tried to make excuses saying its not posted because such and such reason.....

You checked twitter did you? So you scrolled through the tens of thousands of @cnn comments since that time frame in just a few minutes?

So yes, you are constantly lying and making things up.

Harry_bKk and LockInLove.

Has it not occurred to either of you, that CNN may have different pages/headlines at the same time/day, depending on your Geo location?

This argument has just gone round and round, and now, both of your posts just come across as trying to out score each other, rather than be credible.

Not to mention that over 3Mio US citizens are fighting for their survival and you think that 5 injured people in Canada and a stabbing in France should be more important to an US News channel? All the while, Trump golfing with his buddies is tweeting that Puerto Ricans are too lazy to help themselves and want to have everything done for them.

I guess you havent bothered to research this either? Trump has done everything possible to help. He gave them everything they asked for. And suddenly, the mayor freaks out at Trump when it had nothing to do with him. If someone wants to waste their time doing daily interviews trashing Trump, instead of helping their people, thats on them and they deserve to be scrutinized.

Here is a picture of her ranting and raving when she had tonnes of supplies behind her for her people that werent being moved because her people were on strike, outright refused to help and demanded wages of $50 an hour to help. Why are you not yelling at those people? They are the ones that deserve it

Whats even worse is the fema HQ released a statement that the mayor in particular has done much less than others and have asked her to go to the field office to help and advise.

Capture.jpg

Puerto Rico Gov

"We need to do a lot more in order for us to get out of the emergency," Puerto Rico Gov. Ricardo Rosselló said in San Juan. "But the other thing that's also true is that the administration has answered and has complied with our petitions in an expedited manner."

Trump amended his previous disaster declaration on Tuesday for Puerto Rico by declaring that the island would no longer need to split costs with FEMA for cleaning up debris and "emergency protective measures," instead handing 100 percent of the bill to the federal government.

FEMA was previously providing assistance to the island on a cost-shared basis before Trump's change.

The administration temporarily lifts the Jones Act

Sanders announced on Thursday that Trump agreed to waive the Jones Act, temporarily lifting shipping restrictions on Puerto Rico and enabling the hurricane-ravaged island to receive necessary aid.

Several lawmakers had called on the administration to waive the restrictions, as had been done after other hurricanes slammed into Texas, Louisiana and Florida last month.

On Friday, the three-star general newly put in charge of coordinating the military response in Puerto Rico said that the Defense Department had not sent enough troops and vehicles to the hurricane-ravaged island, but planned to send more.

He has also sent millions of dollars in food and water.

This is nothing but a ploy for the liberals to try and use this situation to trash Trump even though he has done everything he can.

Harry_bKk and LockInLove.

Has it not occurred to either of you, that CNN may have different pages/headlines at the same time/day, depending on your Geo location?

This argument has just gone round and round, and now, both of your posts just come across as trying to out score each other, rather than be credible.

CNN is a North American News agency. So it wont work like that, for me anyways. Its in real time. And I dont think there was anything wrong with me calling out CNN for it. Also, you cant blame me for defending myself and posting the facts when someone storms in here with misleading comments basically calling me a liar over something so petty.

I guess you havent bothered to research this either? Trump has done everything possible to help. He gave them everything they asked for. And suddenly, the mayor freaks out at Trump when it had nothing to do with him. If someone wants to waste their time doing daily interviews trashing Trump, instead of helping their people, thats on them and they deserve to be scrutinized.

What do i need to research? It's the picture that counts. He's playing golf in a billionaires club and tweets insults at people who have been hit by a massive natural disaster. Any normal president would have tweeted some calming words. E.g. "We understand your concerns...etc."

Plus the Katrina General stated clearly: By far not enough is being done as the Puerto Rico disaster is much bigger than Katrina, the "Comfort" send on its way after more than a week only, naming a General to lead the support efforts after more than 1 week only, lifting the Jones Act after more than 1 week only..... ++++ Most of those things were done on day 1 for Florida and Texas. Why do you think Puerto Ricans do feel like they are not treated equally or left alone?

That you have a few dozen people on strike doesn't make a huge difference, but a good news story i guess. Not much help having tons of aid when you can't get it to the people quick enough. Some people will stay calm and reasonable, some will panic, that's human nature.

I am sure a lot is being done and credit to those 1,000's of FR's, questions just come up when you see Trump's tweets. Whatever he or his people do, is always fantastic, great, tremendous. I am 100% sure that in such chaotic situations there will be always occasions where that is not the case.

I remember as a youngish kid accompanying my father on his truck to provide relief to earthquake victims in Romania, our village was luckily not badly damaged but the Bucharest area was heavily demolished. The first tour was pure chaos, the second still, only on the third and fourth tour you could see some level of proper organization. At first, you just do what you can without thinking too much as to whether you gave one person 5 or 10 bottles of water.

Last but not least, one of the first tweets from Trump where referring to the debt of PR, not that he will send help. Why mention that in a period of crisis?

CNN is a North American News agency. So it wont work like that, for me anyways. Its in real time. And I dont think there was anything wrong with me calling out CNN for it. Also, you cant blame me for defending myself and posting the facts when someone storms in here with misleading comments basically calling me a liar over something so petty.

Funnily, you keep calling out only CNN. As if all other news outlets are so perfect in their reporting. All news channels have their tendencies and if you don't like CNN then just down watch or read it. Simple. I don't like them and I don't watch them, have to admit though I read a few articles in the last days to research for my answers to your posts.... lol

I did not storm in either, you made a big "bruhaha", again, that CNN did not report, what they have become etc etc. and all that about what appeared to be at first domestic incidents in two other countries. They reported the soon it was clear that they were treated as terror attacks.

And yes, I spend quite some time going through Twitter replies (wish I hadn't, the drivel a lot of people write there is baffling) and scrolled down to the time you posted about that "uproar" and could not see anything what you suggested, maybe i am blind. Certainly, not something that "forced" CNN to report it as you suggested it but I stand to be corrected. They were pretty much on par with Fox News and a couple of hours after the Canadian sites reported it, not a huge deal in my view.

Answers in red.

I shall stop this type of posts and will stay strictly on the discussion in my future answers. Hopefully, you can do that too. Although, I will miss it in some weird way, always good to see a proper "adversary" in a discussion that is willing and prepared to haggle til dawn. :) Happy debating to all of us! :)

Please compare these numbers and tell me if you still think that Mr. T. has done everything possible? The utmost part of the details are from the FEMA wesbite. The Maria timeline is from Sanders' Twitter account. The numbers for PR and US VI are as of Thursday last week. Could be that there a few thousand more now.

Remember, General Honore who headed the Katrina recovery stated that Maria is a far bigger disaster than Harvey and Irma were. I can't make a qualified comparison, hence, i will have to believe what he says since he should know.

Now think when people who live in Puerto Rico or have family there see these kind of numbers, what kind of reaction do you expect?

capture 1054.jpg

Last edited:
Re: CNN

I usually don't watch CNN or visit their site, but I did check them yesterday, since it was brought up in this thread.

I did see the Canadian attack on the first page of CNN, both the US and International versions of the site. When compared to other news sites, I didn't notice their reporting that much different.

Maybe CNN has some emotional charge to some people, but I see it just another news source. I'm not sure why some get so upset with them?

The religion of peace strikes again. And this time in Canada, where these types of attacks arent very common two took place at the same venue.

2nd incident

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Just wait till the RIT's (yep my acronym) start weaponizing personal drones. That day is coming.

Please compare these numbers and tell me if you still think that Mr. T. has done everything possible? The utmost part of the details are from the FEMA wesbite. The Maria timeline is from Sanders' Twitter account. The numbers for PR and US VI are as of Thursday last week. Could be that there a few thousand more now.

Remember, General Honore who headed the Katrina recovery stated that Maria is a far bigger disaster than Harvey and Irma were. I can't make a qualified comparison, hence, i will have to believe what he says since he should know.

Now think when people who live in Puerto Rico or have family there see these kind of numbers, what kind of reaction do you expect?

View attachment 82546

This FEMA Guy Explains the Reality.

The PR Governor on the The View

This FEMA Guy Explains the Reality.

I never doubted that a lot is being done. But it still does not explain the large difference in numbers. Why has the WH not committed similar numbers in Puerto Rico? What are the reasons?

The FEMA guy is not telling the whole truth either. He speaks of 4,500 that were in place on PR before the storm hit the island. Looks impressive and certainly a good move to get the recovery efforts quicker off the ground. What he forgets to mention is the fact that the largest part of that contingent where Puerto Rican National Guard members who were on the island anyway. Why are they not saying 2.500 were on the island and we stocked it up with 2,000 from the mainland? Why? Doesn't make sense. Be totally transparent, especially when you know that people are looking for every little detail to speak up against.

The biggest problem is the misinformation being spread from all sides. Like the WH officials emphasizing the other day that 1.1Mio L of water have been distributed. There are over 3Mio people on Puerto Rico, that means some 2 Mio did not get any water. Again, the number is huge, and with the devastation, a big accomplishment to get that much out but the WH emphasizing it will lead to people countering the claims, especially if you are one with a big family in Puerto Rico who got nothing and gets a microphone stuck into his face by a reporter.

EDIT: Bossert saying "there was no need for a general 8 days ago" when asked why it took so long to appoint one for Puerto Rico. It was done on day 1 for Texas for a less devastating hurricane. These are all things people look at very careful.

I usually don't watch CNN or visit their site, but I did check them yesterday, since it was brought up in this thread.

I did see the Canadian attack on the first page of CNN, both the US and International versions of the site. When compared to other news sites, I didn't notice their reporting that much different.

Maybe CNN has some emotional charge to some people, but I see it just another news source. I'm not sure why some get so upset with them?

Here is our CNN, the racecard night after night as usual. I could post 50.

50 seconds in:

5 seconds in.

Here is our CNN, the racecard night after night as usual. I could post 50.

50 seconds in:

5 seconds in.

You seriously think that the TV channels on the other side, e.g. Fox are any better? Each of them will exploit the news for their ratings. It is what cable news channels have been doing ever since the first one went live. As a viewer / reader you have always a choice! Switch off / don't read - simple.

I never doubted that a lot is being done. But it still does not explain the large difference in numbers. Why has the WH not committed similar numbers in Puerto Rico? What are the reasons?

The FEMA guy is not telling the whole truth either. He speaks of 4,500 that were in place on PR before the storm hit the island. Looks impressive and certainly a good move to get the recovery efforts quicker off the ground. What he forgets to mention is the fact that the largest part of that contingent where Puerto Rican National Guard members who were on the island anyway.

The biggest problem is the misinformation being spread from all sides. Like the WH officials emphasizing the other day that 1.1Mio L of water have been distributed. There are over 3Mio people on Puerto Rico, that means some 2 Mio did not get any water. Again, the number is huge, and with the devastation, a big accomplishment to get that much out but the WH emphasizing it will lead to people countering the claims, especially if you are one with a big family in Puerto Rico who got nothing.

Hard to say, of course the FEMA guy is sugar coating it no doubt, but like he said, he's not on the ground, the mayors and governor are.
The need to to set things up ahead of time but two storms back to back is pretty tough to deal with.

Maybe they said 4500 should do it. Could be that PR is 70 billion in debt and filed for bankruptcy on a population of 3.5 million. I read the reason only 20% of the Truck Drivers Union showed up is they weren't going to get paid, don't know if that is true or not.

Hard to believe that none of the municipalities had SAT phones even though the phone were on the island.

Population size might have something to do with it. Florida has like 20+ million people and Texas like 27+ million, maybe that accounts for size difference in supplies and FEMA personal.

You seriously think that the TV channels on the other side, e.g. Fox are any better? Each of them will exploit the news for their ratings. It is what cable news channels have been doing ever since the first one went live. As a viewer / reader you have always a choice! Switch off / don't read - simple.

I used to watch them all, Fox is so much better these days. CNN used to be better but now they're at war with Trump since he called them Fake news. I didn't watch the Fox n Friends show Trump touts during the Obama years, it was just an Obama bash fest.

I had to turn off their coverage of the PR disaster as it became clear they were exploiting it so they could have a Trump failure. It was pretty sad, to be honest.

The Vegas shooting has taken PR off the news.

I used to watch them all, Fox is so much better these days. CNN used to be better but now they're at war with Trump since he called them Fake news. I didn't watch the Fox n Friends show Trump touts during the Obama years, it was just an Obama bash fest.

I had to turn off their coverage of the PR disaster as it became clear they were exploiting it so they could have a Trump failure. It was pretty sad, to be honest.

The Vegas shooting has taken PR off the news.

PR back in the news! :D

And Mr. T lauding himself again all the time. Telling PR, "you have nothing like Katrina, because of me only 16 died". Then proceeding to throw supplies into the crow like a rock star throwing t-shirts from the stage. "Here I am, your savior".

Trump quote 1: ""Every death is a horror, but if you look at a real catastrophe like Katrina, and you look at the tremendous — hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people that died, and you look at what happened here, with really a storm that was just totally overpowering, nobody's ever seen anything like this. What is your death count as of this moment? 17? 16 people certified, 16 people versus in the thousands."

Saying Katrina was a catastrophe, Maria was nothing....WOW! And what can be tremendous in a natural disaster?

Trump quote 2: "You've thrown our budget a little out of whack. We've spent a lot of money on Puerto Rico."

Really?

Trump quote 3 about the PR governor: "He started right at the beginning appreciating what we did...He was giving us the highest grades."

Really?

...list not complete.

I would be totally ashamed of my chancellor if she would make just one of those quotes, let alone all Mr. T made yesterday.

PR back in the news! :D

And Mr. T lauding himself again all the time. Telling PR, "you have nothing like Katrina, because of me only 16 died". Then proceeding to throw supplies into the crow like a rock star throwing t-shirts from the stage. "Here I am, your savior".

Trump quote 1: ""Every death is a horror, but if you look at a real catastrophe like Katrina, and you look at the tremendous — hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people that died, and you look at what happened here, with really a storm that was just totally overpowering, nobody's ever seen anything like this. What is your death count as of this moment? 17? 16 people certified, 16 people versus in the thousands."

Saying Katrina was a catastrophe, Maria was nothing....WOW! And what can be tremendous in a natural disaster?

Trump quote 2: "You've thrown our budget a little out of whack. We've spent a lot of money on Puerto Rico."

Really?

Trump quote 3 about the PR governor: "He started right at the beginning appreciating what we did...He was giving us the highest grades."

Really?

...list not complete.

I would be totally ashamed of my chancellor if she would make just one of those quotes, let alone all Mr. T made yesterday.

I only saw the plane land and had to leave. I didn't hear it but who cares what Trump says. I'm not surprised nor should you be. I'm not his father, I don't feel compelled to take ownership of all his ramblings. I'm only interested in what he or any other politician does. He'll be long gone just like Obama and Bush but the policies(laws) he and congress pass will live on and ultimately will be the only thing that really matters.

The media is back on the gun debate now. It's been on all day expect for the hour or two they switched to Trump's PR visit.

I don't want to pile on PR.

I found the videos and watched them.

Here they are for those want to watch them.

(Trump Arrival)

(Trump Inside)

(PR Governor press Conference)

I only saw the plane land and had to leave. I didn't hear it but who cares what Trump says. I'm not surprised nor should you be. I'm not his father, I don't feel compelled to take ownership of all his ramblings. I'm only interested in what he or any other politician does. He'll be long gone just like Obama and Bush but the policies(laws) he and congress pass will live on and ultimately will be the only thing that really matters.

The media is back on the gun debate now. It's been on all day expect for the hour or two they switched to Trump's PR visit.

I don't want to pile on PR.

I found the videos and watched them.

Here they are for those want to watch them.

I was referring to this:

I saw it on the news. Its a bad photo op.

People seemed to cheer though.

I think it was worse than a bad photo op. Looked to me like he was throwing bread crumbs to his peasants. My personal opinion.

And when you lack drinking water and food, the last thing on your mind are paper towels! :rolleyes:

Why is this thread now taken over by president trump.. lol

I think trump needs to have someone with him at all times to avoid making these stupid idiotic decisions like this one.

Its because it was posted the same day, so that would explain why you saw it. It just took them to get twitter shamed to post it many hours after every other news source. Unless CNN is suddenly becoming the slowest news site out there?

People want to condemn Trump on certain reactions and call it bullying. But its ok for liberals to constantly bully him and his family? People were just slaughtered and the first thing some liberals did, was bash Melania's choice of footwear when arriving and walking the scene today.

Capture.PNG

His other daughter posted a picture of herself on twitter the other day and was instantly bully and shamed for posting a pretty picture of herself a day after the attacks. Why? The liberal media are nothing but bullys who are set out to destroy that family.

Ive also been pretty clear and so have others why people are upset with CNN. So I am not sure you why you dont get it.

I saw it on the news. Its a bad photo op.

People seemed to cheer though.

Yeah the people were completely fine with it and smiling. He was trying to lighten the mood and the people accepted it perfectly fine and it probably made some of their day.

Last edited:
Its because it was posted the same day, so that would explain why you saw it. It just took them to get twitter shamed to post it many hours after every other news source. Unless CNN is suddenly becoming the slowest news site out there?

People want to condemn Trump on certain reactions and call it bullying. But its ok for liberals to constantly bully him and his family? People were just slaughtered and the first thing some liberals did, was bash Melania's choice of footwear when arriving and walking the scene today.

View attachment 82605

His other daughter posted a picture of herself on twitter the other day and was instantly bully and shamed for posting a pretty picture of herself a day after the attacks. Why? The liberal media are nothing but bullys who are set out to destroy that family.

Ive also been pretty clear and so have others why people are upset with CNN. So I am not sure you why you dont get it.

Yeah the people were completely fine with it and smiling. He was trying to lighten the mood and the people accepted it perfectly fine and it probably made some of their day.

Two things we have confirmed now. You hate and bully liberals and CNN. :D

BTW, how do you know those are only liberals? Any proof?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back