Tax Rebates Come Out Today

katodog

Dormant account
They showed pics of people shopping at WAl-Mart and stocking up on stuff with their rebates. Maybe they will show me this Thursday sitting at a slot machine at my near-by B&M. Is that wrong? Lol:lolup:

I was just on the phone with Bank of America and as a side discussion I asked the gal if they were gearing up to accept all of the direct deposits and she said she could tell me what day mine would arrive using the last two digits of my Social.

Mine happens to be 54 and she said my rebate will be deposited into checking one week from Friday. She also said 00-20 will be direct deposited this week. 21 to 70 next week and 70 to 99 the following. Do not know about those who are getting paper checks.

Not sure I would bet the ranch on this but that is what the lady said.

I'm starting a gasoline fund with mine. :oops:

I keep on reading different information on this....this is the latest from msn homepage......

For people receiving direct deposits, those with a Social Security number ending in 00 to 20 will have their economic stimulus payment deposited to their bank account by this Friday.
Those with Social Security numbers ending in 21 to 75 will get their direct deposits by May 9 and those with Social Security numbers ending in 76 to 99 will get their deposits by May 16.
For those receiving paper checks, the last paper checks, covering people with Social Security final digits from 88 to 99 will be in the mail by July 11 under the current schedule. The IRS estimates that about two-thirds of the payments will be paper checks and one-third will be direct deposits.

And this is from msn homepage April 2

Direct deposit payments
If the last two digits of your Social Security number are: Your stimulus payment should be sent to your bank account by:
00 - 20 May 2
21 - 75 May 9
76 - 99 May 16

Paper check
If the last two digits of your Social Security number are: Your check should be in the mail by:
00 - 09 May 16
10 - 18 May 23
19 - 25 May 30
26 - 38 June 6
39 - 51 June 13
52 - 63 June 20
64 - 75 June 27

The gal at the bank was off by a whole week as I got my "rebate" on Friday the 2nd and not on the 9th as she said my last two digits would indicate. Not complaining mind you. ;)

Deleted. Nevermind... I've not had enough coffee yet....

Mine just posted or should I say ours. $1500. My bank always posts the deposits as soon as they are paid in. Showed up with my paycheck. :)

Last two are 55
........do they go by the head of household, like your husbands last 2 digits ? 57 head of household and 98 the housewife, checking for my mama as she is itching to buy a new patio set:D

It goes by the primary filer the way I understand it. Whoever is listed first on the 2007 tax return. My wife did ours and she listed herself first. I also hear if you got a RAL or a preloaded card for your tax return this will muck everything up and you will end up getting a check.

IRS website

Anyone wanting any type of information about the rebates can log onto
IRS.GOV, follow the links, and you can calculate the size of your rebate as well as see when the rebate will be direct deposited or mailed. depending on your personal circumstances.

I guess we are getting a paper check :mad: because my husbands last 2 digits are 65, it was supposed to be direct deposited today....but when I went to the website, this is what it said "Payment will not be available until about one week before your payment is scheduled to be issued"

We are sorry. Specific information about your Stimulus payment is not available.
Possible reasons include:

* Your payment may still be coming, but has not yet been scheduled. Information will be available here as payments are issued based on the last two digits of the primary SSN shown on your 2007 tax return. Specific information about your Stimulus Payment will not be available until about one week before your payment is scheduled to be issued. See the complete Payment Schedule below for more information.

Oh well, so much for shopping.....:sob:

Rebate arrived!

Ours hit the bank this afternoon, right on schedule. Guess I can go fill up the gas tanks now, LOL. :lolup:

I called the number they give and went through the put in this and this and finally they said that ours was set to be direct deposited today. However, nothing yet. And it is going to a Netspend card. However, that is where our SSD check goes to I don't think there is a problem with depositing. Just hasn't got here yet.

IRS.GOV

I didn't put a link. Just go to google and input irs.gov. It will get you to the IRS website. Sorry for any confusion.

my daughter who is 20 made $19000 this year she had to pay $59
as her XXXhole boss makes her declare all tips an she has to tip share with
other employess
how do we find out if she will get this payment
she has no kids whew lol

Thanks
Cindy

Tax rebate loophole

I filed electronically and thought for sure my money would be in my account on the 16th as it said...

Then I got a surprise for Turbo tax!

Dear Valued Customer,

We want to provide you with the most uptodate information about the tax rebate to which you may be entitled.

Recently, you may have received a letter from the IRS advising you when to expect your Economic Stimulus Payment (rebate). That IRS letter may have inadvertently left off some important information. Taxpayers who chose to have their tax preparation fees deducted from their federal tax refund will receive their tax rebate in the mail, not via direct deposit.
Our records show that you chose this payment option in TurboTax. As a result, the IRS has determined that you will receive your tax rebate in the mail. This may result in you receiving your rebate on a date later than expected.

This situation, while not unique to TurboTax, is understandably causing some concern and confusion. To help further clarify the situation, below is the most current IRS rebate payment processing schedule, as well as additional resources about the tax rebates.

I hope you find this information helpful. If you still have questions, the best source for the most up-to-date information is www.irs.gov (see the "Rebate Payment Questions" link).

Sincerely,

Bob Meighan

Vice President, TurboTax Customer Advocacy

If the last two digits
of your Social Security
number are: Payments will be
mailed no later than:
00 09 May 16
10 18 May 23
19 25 May 30
26 38 June 6
39 51 June 13
52 63 June 20
64 75 June 27
76 87 July 4
88 99 July 11

So much for wishing on an early bonus!

Nothing is simple anymore.

We filed early, online. Receive our 'stimulus check' last week. (09 last two) A little less than the $600 each we expected. And no explanation with it as to why it was less. I guess the 'up to $600' means you're lucky if you get the full $600 per person. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back