SONGKRAN in Thailand

Looks like great fun! Enjoy yourself Harry!

Cheers Hedge ..... It is like going back to childhood.... you can behave silly and spray water over everybody :D :thumbsup:

The usually very quiet and shy Thai people just go completely bonkers for 3 days :yahoo:

Been out twice yesterday and within less than 30 seconds i was drenched. Luckily these days we are wearing a plastic neck bag to protect mobile phone and other valuables. :thumbsup:

Today i have stayed in so far but will be heading out later tonight for some good old live music and of course PARTY!!!! :D :cheerleader: :drink:

EDIT: The music in a bar next to my condo has not stopped since yesterday afternoon and that on full blast :lolsign:

Looks like amazing fun and just the sort of 'sillyness' where I would fit right in, a much needed destress, relaxation and worry about nothing, other than having fun :D

Knew I'd have to 'venture out' and get over my fear of flying one day if I truly wanted to relax and enjoy myself :D

Never get those sort of 'get togethers' or events in the UK, most (including me) are boring and dull with no adventurous spirit, too busy 'spitting on each other', 'Sueing one another' or arranging appointments for the 'Jeremy Kyle Show' :p

Great Stuff :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Looks like amazing fun and just the sort of 'sillyness' where I would fit right in, a much needed destress, relaxation and worry about nothing, other than having fun :D

Knew I'd have to 'venture out' and get over my fear of flying one day if I truly wanted to relax and enjoy myself :D

Never get those sort of 'get togethers' or events in the UK, most (including me) are boring and dull with no adventurous spirit, too busy 'spitting on each other', 'Sueing one another' or arranging appointments for the 'Jeremy Kyle Show' :p

Great Stuff :thumbsup:

Well Jon, you have 1 year time - Songkran 2017 = 13-15 April

To overcome your fear of flying check out this:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

And for a little extra motivation: I will pay for your air ticket if you get over it and actually go on a plane :D

And after the Songkran madness we go for a few days of real relaxation, e.g. here:

capture 459.jpg
Koh Phangan

WOW! - what an amazing offer, thank you Harry :D

Going to have to 'Climb Everest' to get there as it is a real strong phobia, however 'work' starts today.

Would be something incredible to achieve and also look forward to, I have rarely left my comfort zone my whole life lol.

This would be what I would consider an amazing and enjoyable experience and a great personal achievement.

Watch this space...... (hopefully :p)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

WOW! - what an amazing offer, thank you Harry :D

Going to have to 'Climb Everest' to get there as it is a real strong phobia, however 'work' starts today.

Would be something incredible to achieve and also look forward to, I have rarely left my comfort zone my whole life lol.

This would be what I would consider an amazing and enjoyable experience and a great personal achievement.

Watch this space...... (hopefully :p)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

This might help Jon.

I didn't go on a plane for exactly the same reason until I was 24 years old, wouldn't even go close to an airport, let alone take a flight. Only because my then girlfriend booked a holiday to Cyprus as a surprise (she didn't know about my phobia) and i wanted to show her "i am the man" i went along and as you can see survived it well, sweaty palms and racing heartbeat included. :rolleyes:

From there on i couldn't stop flying and as life goes, I got then a job which demanded a lot of it. Today i went through some 4000 flights!!!!, really that much, and never looked back. It allowed me to see every corner of this great planet called Earth (except Antarctica). Wouldn't want to think the famous "what would have been" if not for that girlfriend :D

I'll stand by my offer anytime you are ready Jon!! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back