Sometimes you just cant win even if you can

chuchu59

gambling addict
PABaccred
PABnonaccred
PABnononaccred
CAG
Hi guys,

Just a little rant so bear with me. Yesterday, I just completed my play at a tourney at Lucky Nugget called Jackpot Cabin Cruise with cabins for the first 2 places and cash prizes of $1250 -$250 for 3rd to 10th placing. The slot played was Avalon. I had been lying 5th for nearly the entire period ($750) and hadnt even made a rebuy yet (costs $100). I made an enquiry to Bellerock and knew that if I won a cabin this could not be converted to cash so I had to be extra careful that even with a rebuy I must not rank in the first 2 places.

In the final 30 minutes of this 4-day tourney, several players in the top ten started to rebuy and I was shoved to 8th place so I made a rebuy. I was still in free spin mode where I left off so I easily made ground on them only to meet another set of free spins. In the midst of the free spins and more than 2 minutes of play left, I was already ranked 4th and was less than 3000 off the 2nd placed guy so I just stopped because even a modest win at 7x would see me being ranked 2nd. 4th place paid $1K btw. However, in the last 5 minutes, the guy ranked 6th made a rebuy and being only 1000 behind me, he eventually went on to rank 3rd with a total of less than 2000 more than me.

So, if you were me would you have taken the same decision. I am not complaining as this was a free tourney and I only paid a rebuy fee of $100 to win $750 but somehow you always wonder what might have been.

BTW, due to a technical glitch, the winnings are still not in my account after more than 30 hours :mad: So you may have to wait Deb.

I would have played the same way.

Is that what you class as ranting ChuChu? :p
They are very mild mannered in your part of the World :D

Nice win as it happens, like you say 750 for 100 is a good deal in anyones book.
Hope it hits your account soon, will you cash out or play?

Hi guys,

Just a little rant so bear with me. Yesterday, I just completed my play at a tourney at Lucky Nugget called Jackpot Cabin Cruise with cabins for the first 2 places and cash prizes of $1250 -$250 for 3rd to 10th placing. The slot played was Avalon. I had been lying 5th for nearly the entire period ($750) and hadnt even made a rebuy yet (costs $100). I made an enquiry to Bellerock and knew that if I won a cabin this could not be converted to cash so I had to be extra careful that even with a rebuy I must not rank in the first 2 places.

In the final 30 minutes of this 4-day tourney, several players in the top ten started to rebuy and I was shoved to 8th place so I made a rebuy. I was still in free spin mode where I left off so I easily made ground on them only to meet another set of free spins. In the midst of the free spins and more than 2 minutes of play left, I was already ranked 4th and was less than 3000 off the 2nd placed guy so I just stopped because even a modest win at 7x would see me being ranked 2nd. 4th place paid $1K btw. However, in the last 5 minutes, the guy ranked 6th made a rebuy and being only 1000 behind me, he eventually went on to rank 3rd with a total of less than 2000 more than me.

So, if you were me would you have taken the same decision. I am not complaining as this was a free tourney and I only paid a rebuy fee of $100 to win $750 but somehow you always wonder what might have been.

BTW, due to a technical glitch, the winnings are still not in my account after more than 30 hours :mad: So you may have to wait Deb.

Where was the cruise to?

Frankly, I dont know but I think somewhere in Europe or the Meditteranean. It's just that I am in Hong Kong and I just cant afford the time to travel to another place to take the cruise. Judging from the few who paid the entry fee of $150 and the top scorer who must have made quite an extra number of buy-ins at $100(he continued playing though he was 1st for several days running and had a lot of coins left) I believe that this cruise must be quite attractive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back