Software upgrade at Ultimate Poker

jetset

RIP Brian
NEW ONLINE POKER SOFTWARE FROM ULTIMATE BET

Absolute Poker sister site uses different software platform

Undeterred by the crisis its sister poker company Absolute Poker is currently facing following charges of cheating through flaws in a software upgrade, Ultimate Poker has launched its own software upgrade. The site uses a different software to that deployed by its stable-mate.

The upgrade brings to the table a host of new online poker features designed to significantly enhance the overall experience for the poker playing community. Spokesman George MacLean described the upgrade as "ground-breaking" with new features that include:

A new resizable poker table function enabling poker players to expand their viewing area

The ability to tile and cascade poker tables for maximum organization

An option to save poker hand histories directly to a poker player's hard drive

A unique poker hand history video player allowing online poker players to relive a win... or a brutal bad beat

Existing Ultimatebet.com players will automatically receive the poker software update the next time they load the UltimateBet game. New players can download poker software for free from UltimateBet.com. UltimateBet boasts over 2 million registered players.

NEW ONLINE POKER SOFTWARE FROM ULTIMATE BET

Absolute Poker sister site uses different software platform

Undeterred by the crisis its sister poker company Absolute Poker is currently facing following charges of cheating through flaws in a software upgrade, Ultimate Poker has launched its own software upgrade. The site uses a different software to that deployed by its stable-mate.

No. It is a flawed company. The software change does not improve that.

Many thanks to UP (effectively AP) for their new software package and associated marketing drive to attract new players to their site and presumably deflect attention away from Absolute Poker.
I think it's a wonderful idea, I intend to sell my house, car and possessions, I will also auction the wife and lease out my kids for medical experimentation and deposit all the money with AP and UB. I think they are wonderful, honest, credible and have the best customer service in the World.

I'm sorry this post is written in crayon but they won't let us have anything sharp in here.

New players can download poker software for free from UltimateBet.com. UltimateBet boasts over 2 million registered players.

The security flaw is at the server side. Anything downloaded by the clients can not change this, the flaw is not in the client programs. This download is just some GUI improvements that has nothing to do with the flaw.

They need to change the server side code. Even fixing the supposed firewall-breach will not fix the problem(this was one of the explanations mentioned) - because then someone inside the firewall can still exploit the information.

This is not the right time to release simple GUI improvements. I will still not play there even though I now can 'resize my table'. The GUI improvements
also benefit the exploiters btw, they are probably happy they now can multi-table more efficient. Once again they seems to underestimate the intelligence of their customers.

what about the pros who shill for UB? i have seen the one with hellmuth and the racecar this week still, but what about esfandiari and others? morally, shouldn't they back out of their contracts? i wonder if any of them were playing the site and lost money to the cheaters...?

:thumbsup:

With the phrase "Don't shoot the messenger" in mind, I have to agree that this is not much of a comfort to the online poker industry. To quote that congresswoman, "You can roll horse manure in powdered sugar, but it doesn't make it a doughnut."

Didn't the whole Absolute mess start with a "software upgrade" back in August? No one knows how long the cheating was actually going on, but wasn't there some speculation that something happened during the last upgrade?

Of course, there was also speculation that the PokerTracker data was flawed due to the PT site itself being hacked. :rolleyes:

All I know is that I wouldn't touch either of these sites with a ten foot pole. And I'm not entirely positive that I will ever feel quite the same playing online poker again. Every time I run into a really bad beat, or a string, I will be wondering in the back of my mind if anyone can see my cards. Of course, with the stakes I play, I seriously doubt they'd care what I held in my hand, lol. ;)

Shouldn't the title thread be Ultimate Bet instead of Ultimate Poker?
I thought it would be a good idea to make it clear as to who you are speaking about just in case there are some people who may not realize that UB is a sister site of AP. Knowing that might help them decide to spend the money elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back