Software to enhance online play

buck

Dormant Account
Hi,

I have few questions that maybe a veteran player can answer

I have read some other forums that some poker rooms have locked accounts for the players using software to autoplay hands.
I am not to interested in that since poker is a bit more than odds.
However:
1. Do poker rooms have issues with software running on your pc that evaluate your cards, the number of players, positions, and the the other cards ( and possibly prior history with players) to help calculate odds?
2. Though they frown on autoplay programs, how can you detect if the house is not doing the exactly that to drive the action up?
3. If software is ok what is the best recomendation for a product?
4. In my limited play at lower level tables I am seeing an unusual amounts of flushes and straights, with what I would presume the odds of such to be with decent play. Is this attributed to low stakes or do others see this going up in the food chain?
5. How do poker rooms prevent collusion between players at the same table?

Thanks,

Buck

1. Do poker rooms have issues with software running on your pc that evaluate your cards, the number of players, positions, and the the other cards ( and possibly prior history with players) to help calculate odds?

They are fine with using programs that would help you in evaluating players, cards, position or whatever you need. The only thing they are against are players running bot programs and they seem to be on to this as you say locking people's accounts who have been caught.

2. Though they frown on autoplay programs, how can you detect if the house is not doing the exactly that to drive the action up?

It is highly unlikely most rooms have bot programs running to appear to have more tables running then they should. Out of all the rooms open right now only Pokertropolis appears to use bots. They deny this but much of the online poker pro community agrees they are using bots. They seem to play normal and do not have an unfair advantage. The main thing they do that makes it obvious is raise preflop and fold if you 3 bet them, especially in a bind steal situation. This is something you would next to never see in a real game but happens there several times an hour. There are not any other rooms where there is even the slightest accusation of this so I would not worry about it.

3. If software is ok what is the best recomendation for a product?

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

This was the best $40 I ever spent. I think it is $50 now but still well worth it. They even accept Neteller. It will take you months to see all the useful info it provides and they give you a 1000 hand trial period. These hands are not statistically useful in such a small number, but will give you an idea of what the great software offers. It works well with almost any medium or large room and imports the hand histories automatically after you set them up.

4. In my limited play at lower level tables I am seeing an unusual amounts of flushes and straights, with what I would presume the odds of such to be with decent play. Is this attributed to low stakes or do others see this going up in the food chain?

There could be several reasons for this. You are playing about 3 times the number of hands an hour that you would play live. On top of that the low limit games (I assume you mean $.50/$1 and below) will often have 50%-60% players flopping. This means many players are coming in with any connected or suited start hand. These players will also make bad calls by thinking "It's only 50 cents" and they will sometimes get lucky. A player that flops a gutshot draw has about a 6-1 shot of hitting if he calls to see the turn and river, the same odds of picking up the dice and rolling a 7. It is not as hard as some seem to think, although usually a poor play.

5. How do poker rooms prevent collusion between players at the same table?

The rooms do not want to tell all their secrets but here are a few I have picked up on. If someone on your IP address is playing at a table, you cannot sit. Funding 2 accounts with the same Neteller/Firepay account and playing at same table. Two players constantly being at the same table, although in smaller rooms this is meaningless since there may only be 1 table ever at that limit.

If you are ever suspicious enough to really think you are playing a bot or colluding players email support with the players names and table involved. Most rooms take this very seriously and will look into any complaint. They will go through the hand histories, or if bot play is suspected (which is not as big of a problem as you may think) they will look at the logs. For cheating the house often is dependent on players to help catch. Some rooms will even reward you and/or refund any lost money to the cheaters.

Pokertraker

Thanks for the excellent answers.

I have checked out pokertraker it looks excellent to track historical results.

Thanks again

Buck

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back