Smile? Trying to find joy in troubled times

ternur

Sky void of stars
CAG
mm3
Times are tough and a lot of folks might border on depression.

But not everyone. Finland is (for the third year in a row) the happiest place to live:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

(NYT)

I personally believe this is actually because of our love for good music:

most metal.png

Who knew? :laugh:

Yours truly,
The resident ray of sunshine

OMG OMG Ternurさんが私を引用しました!

tenor.gif

Times are tough and a lot of folks might border on depression.

But not everyone. Finland is (for the third year in a row) the happiest place to live:

(NYT)

I personally believe this is actually because of our love for good music:

View attachment 125576

Who knew? :laugh:

Yours truly,
The resident ray of sunshine
Are you sure its not just because of good neighbours?
:p

:lolup:

I'm so sorry everyone.

I'm on my 5th can of happiness (out of 24 pack).

Pretty sure they neglected to mention the true source of happiness in that study.
It's barely afternoon homes. When did you start? 8 a.m?

It's quite the thing, drinking. I don't want to log in one day and hear someone say "You know that guy Ternur? What a tragedy. He ran out of beer before 5p.m"

Yep, Heavy Metal, one the UK's best inventions and exports, sadly not played much here nowadays due to ceaseless radio/media publicity and promotion of Hip Hop, Rap, RnB and talent show mediocrity. Not trying to inflame things but I think in many places it's considered 'too white' for much airtime in these enlightened times. So I am left trawling the internet for copies of older stuff including a brilliant album by Witchfynde 'Lords of Sin' which was my most recent purchase. Got some good old Finnish stuff myself, including Krokus Live and their classic 'Screaming in the Night'...

It's barely afternoon homes. When did you start? 8 a.m?

It's quite the thing, drinking. I don't want to log in one day and hear someone say "You know that guy Ternur? What a tragedy. He ran out of beer before 5p.m"

Pretty much. It's isolation time and didn't take a look at the clock.

Also, it's spring equinox which means the light won :) (it's a sorry excuse to drink I know, but it does make me happy).

Yep, Heavy Metal, one the UK's best inventions and exports, sadly not played much here nowadays due to ceaseless radio/media publicity and promotion of Hip Hop, Rap, RnB and talent show mediocrity. Not trying to inflame things but I think in many places it's considered 'too white' for much airtime in these enlightened times. So I am left trawling the internet for copies of older stuff including a brilliant album by Witchfynde 'Lords of Sin' which was my most recent purchase. Got some good old Finnish stuff myself, including Krokus Live and their classic 'Screaming in the Night'...

Metal is pretty much mainstream in Finland. Probably in our DNA.

And those are the three so called genres of music I sincerely loathe. Only one is missing. Which is country music.

Metal is pretty much mainstream in Finland. Probably in our DNA.

And those are the three so called genres of music I sincerely loathe. Only one is missing. Which is country music.

You don't like country music.

Good least i know that if i am bored i can now go and fill your music thread with loads of country music:D:cheerleader::laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back