Skrill (moneybookers) customer support just awful

akrus88

Dormant account
Hi, just felt like need to vent a little bit.

On the 23.9. I noticed there has been some duplicates when I have paid with my skrill mastercard. Well I emailed the support right away and still has not heard anything back. I also tried calling the support couple times and waited on the line listening to some sweet jazz tunes for 15 minutes without connecting to customer support.
On the 2.10. I noticed my outgoing transaction limit has exceeded. So I again emailed them. Now answer for now.
Couple days from this I noticed there is 200€ missing from my account (it might be some delayed payment, that has not registered to my available account balance, but still odd..). I once again emailed them, but no answer yet.
I also tried to increase my account limits by sending in my id etc. But nothing has happened.

Time to move to neteller I quess :confused:.

Hi, just felt like need to vent a little bit.

On the 23.9. I noticed there has been some duplicates when I have paid with my skrill mastercard. Well I emailed the support right away and still has not heard anything back. I also tried calling the support couple times and waited on the line listening to some sweet jazz tunes for 15 minutes without connecting to customer support.
On the 2.10. I noticed my outgoing transaction limit has exceeded. So I again emailed them. Now answer for now.
Couple days from this I noticed there is 200€ missing from my account (it might be some delayed payment, that has not registered to my available account balance, but still odd..). I once again emailed them, but no answer yet.
I also tried to increase my account limits by sending in my id etc. But nothing has happened.

Time to move to neteller I quess :confused:.

Would seem that way. Your paying them for a sevice (in the form of fees) if they cant return your emails then I'd say it's time to move some where that will.

Ive emailed Moneybookers also about issues before, but often didnt get any reply.
The support is awful, but otherwise its an ok site.

Neteller has a much higher fee cost for me sadly, so thats not really an option anymore.

Skrill is horrific for everything including limit increases.

I personally use Neteller and have absolutely NO issues. Support is quick, there's a live chat option for VIP's, I get cashback on my Credit Card deposits and also cashback for ATM withdrawal fees. I also use my Neteller points for merchandise and cashback.

I can withdraw 5 times a day with my master card and I get courtesy calls from my VIP Manager often.

Apart from fees, its a no brainer why NOT to use Skrill.

Nate

I think I will withdraw my remainings (when I have the limit to do so :D) and move to neteller. I have had no complains during the last two years in skrill, but it seems like when a problem arrises, it is almost impossible to get solved in a timely manner.

Well i have other kind of experience. I have had many years VIP account in Skrill. I have getted allways answer , when i have needed it.

Usually answer arrives 1-24 hours. But my Vip personal account manager is usually fast :) ..

I have used Neteller , and their service works also good.

But Skrill has been better experience for me.

Removing all limit's takes about 5 days , when i verifyed my account with bank transfer. It was cheaper than notarised document.

Last edited:
Well i have other kind of experience. I have had many years VIP account in Skrill. I have getted allways answer , when i have needed it.

Usually answer arrives 1-24 hours. But my Vip personal account manager is usually fast :) ..

I have used Neteller , and their service works also good.

But Skrill has been better experience for me.

Removing all limit's takes about 5 days , when i verifyed my account with bank transfer. It was cheaper than notarised document.

Well, actually that makes me dislike Skrill even more :D.. If you are a VIP you actually get answer in the timeframe they advertise for everyone (24h). But if you are not a VIP you don't get response at all (seems like it).

And about the removing all limits taking 5 days. I have tried increasing those limits for 2-3 weeks now and nothing at all has happened yet.

But I can understand how someone might feel like Skrill is alright, if one have not had to deal with the customer support before coming VIP.

they dont reply

having issue with them myself atm uncashable check not happy will posthow it goes is there a rep from them on here can we dig one up somewhere?

I dont know what's happening there recently, but last month or so, WDs have been processed, sent and arrived to my bank in one day
these last 2 weeks, transfers have taken over a week..I'm waiting for some very small funds to hit my bank since Monday, didnt arrive today, which means not til Monday now again. I got their email saying confirmed withdraw, and confirmed processed, should be hitting your bank

well, phoned bank loads, they havent received anything to their electronic transfer desk at all

Something definitely isn't right with them atm.
I'm a VIP (That doesn't help) and have tried to get in touch with them for over a week, both through the official support function, and by phone, with no luck what so ever.
Getting highly annoyed with them.

We've been bantering with changing our e-wallet. A week is too late when we want to dip into funds to grab say groceries or pet supplies - we need an e-wallet that puts back into your bank in under 24 hours, no hassles. Us Canuckle-heads in the house have just always used Skrill as it was the first we were ever introduced to.

Unfortunately i too have run into some issues with Skrill as of late.
I have held a skrill account since June 2012, and have been very happy with their product, very reasonable fees and quick bank withdrawals(24-48h)

Now here is the problem, My outgoing transaction limit have been pretty much maxed for the past few weeks.

Skrill limit.jpg

I didn't really think anything of it at first, thinking that my remaining limit would gradually go back down as it have always done.
But here is the problem, after i maxed it out it doesn't seem to go back down, at least not in any predictable manner.

I thought it simply worked like this, every day i get 1/90 of the limit unlocked, which with my total limit of 176800NOK (21000€), would be 1964NOK(233€).
However this is not happening, instead for the past week it just unlocks a few hundred NOK and then they disappear again, so i can't really do much with my account atm.
Maybe it's a bug? i don't know, or maybe i simply don't understand how it's supposed to work, all i know is that i haven't had any problems with it staying maxed before.

Really annoying as i have 10100NOK (1200€) in my account.

I opened a support ticket through my skrill account on January 1, they state that they normally answer within 24 hours, but i haven't heard back yet. Yesterday i opened another support ticket in a different category hoping that at least one of them get answered.

I know they also offer phone support, but i really dislike that, so i was hoping that regular email support would suffice. If they don't answer soon i guess i will have to sit in phone queues....

So have anyone here had any success in getting answers from support lately?

It probably just has a moving 90 day span, and transactions drop off the limit once they reach 91 days old. This would mean that if you maxed out your limit in 30 days, most of your limit would stay maxed out for the next 60 days till the 30 days of high volume started dropping off 60 days later.

Upgrading your limits is probably just a case of providing more in the way of verification, but with unresponsive support, this usually simple procedure is almost impossible.

With Neteller, upgrading to a "verified account" by connecting your bank account gets the limits increased. VIP members also enjoy higher limits.

It probably just has a moving 90 day span, and transactions drop off the limit once they reach 91 days old. This would mean that if you maxed out your limit in 30 days, most of your limit would stay maxed out for the next 60 days till the 30 days of high volume started dropping off 60 days later.

Upgrading your limits is probably just a case of providing more in the way of verification, but with unresponsive support, this usually simple procedure is almost impossible.

With Neteller, upgrading to a "verified account" by connecting your bank account gets the limits increased. VIP members also enjoy higher limits.

Thanks, that might explain it, since i clearly don't use the same amount of the limit on a daily basis. And i had some larger withdrawals in late October/early November.
Even though they have never requested any documents, i did send various documents to them earlier this year (can't remember when, must be quite a few months ago), i never heard back. But i believe they increased my limit somewhat.

For some weird reason my bank account is still listed as being unverified, even though i have uploaded and withdrawn from it with no problems since June 2012.
But it says i get no additional increase with verification, i have sent a support ticket about this too( this was the ticket i sent yesterday). I have never gotten the verification link to work.
Skrill.jpg

It doesn't help that you get no feedback when sending in documents as to which ones they want, and which ones have been verified or rejected.

Hopefully if i ever get a reply to my tickets they will increase my limits, or at least tell me what documents they need me to send.

Since your current limits are already at a reasonably high level, you should probably just ask what documents they need to have your outgoing limits removed altogether. They'll probably want notarized id in combination with a certified bank statement or something similar.

Unfortunately, support does tend to be pretty slow, though rarely someone will respond to you the next day. When I sent in my documents, the only thing I heard back for a week was that my documents had been sent to another department for approval, then I finally asked them what the hold up was and it was approved the next day.

Altogether rather unorganized and inconsistent given the nature of financial services they're running.

Edit: Taking randomiam's advice is also probably a good idea if you don't want to end up waiting a week or two.

For some weird reason my bank account is still listed as being unverified, even though i have uploaded and withdrawn from it with no problems since June 2012.
But it says i get no additional increase with verification, i have sent a support ticket about this too( this was the ticket i sent yesterday). I have never gotten the verification link to work.
I had the same thing in last July. I didn't get the verification increase, I contacted them and them and got this

Thank you for contacting the Skrill Help Team.

We’re happy to manually verify your bank account. All we need is a copy of a recent bank statement or, if you use online banking, a recent screenshot. Whichever method you choose, please make sure it includes:

Your name as authorised account holder;
Your full bank account details (IBAN, SWIFT);

To send us your document, please use our contact form:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

At first I sent too poor quality screenshot, my fault, should have zoomed closer to make it more readable. Anyway, the whole communication from my initial contact, their response, sending screenshot and getting request for better screenshot, sending the better screenshot and finally getting my limits increased took about 3 weeks. For whatever reason, rather than increase my limit by 5k € they increased it by 15k € or 20k €, not complaining though :). Should be faster if you just send good enough screenshot at first

Skrill

Hi All,

I hope this will help a bit for some of you.

I contacted Skrill myself via email and received response in few hours.

Skrill emailed back:

Our customer service team is indeed experiencing slight back-log due to the holidays, however they can be reached through phone at +44 203 514 5562 (Monday - Sunday 9:00 - 18:00 GMT). Service would be provided accordingly.

I suggest phone contact whenever possible if you have any urgent enquiries.

Kind Regards,
Karolina

their support was never that... supportive to begin with :p

once i uploaded my funds to wrong wallet (non-gambling) and once i realized it i sent a mail asking them if they could move it to my gambling wallet instead. That was while i was still playing seriously, some some 6 or so months ago. 6 months later, im yet to receive any response :eek2::p

I'm waiting for exactly the same process as some of you and have been waiting for 3 weeks just for a reply!

I won a large amount from a slot which was sent to my MB account but the limits meant I can't withdraw any of it. I have sent documents over 3 weeks ago without reply so they can increase my Outgoing Limit and have also sent 2 more follow up support requests to say have you got my documents but I've heard nothing at all back.

It's dreadful customer service for an important site. It should be at most 48 hours for a response!

ok Just got an email from support, my bank account is now verified. Now the funny thing is that this was my second support ticket(the one from yesterday) whereas the first one from January 1 is still unanswered .

I can't see myself hitting this limit any time soon. :)

Bank account verified.jpg

i swapped from skrill to recently neteller, as i just got no response from support, in fact the only responses i did get were to tell me i already had a ticket in the system and i shouldn't chase it further, had issies with the 90 day limit, them freezing the account for suspected hacking attempts on it... and just generally poor service, needless to say i took my money out and haven't used them again, neteller have been great once i completed the verification, they did freeze my account after my doa win since it wasnt yet verified, probably a good idea as it gave me a few days to take a rest :D

the only problem is, like a lot of things you only get to find out really how good things are when you have a problem, and how fast things get sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back