SARs -Subject Access Requests.

EkJR

Meister Member
MM
No not the virus! Subject Access Requests. Is anyone familiar with requesting these from an operator? The UKGC have requested that I obtain one from an operator who are refusing to comply. What can be done? Note, I won't say their name, but they got a Meister award in a not so good category recently and one that I had previously posted about!!

The ICO is what you need, I have PM you a link on the information regarding a refusal. Hope this helps.

L x

Are they refusing to comply on the basis of 1. Simply not responding or 2. Refusing on the ground it's too complex etc?.

The time to comply has dropped from 40 days to a month - there was a survey done showing that a massive % of companies still aren't complying/within the time limit: which is odd given the potential for massive fines (not sure how many have been dished out)

Are they refusing to comply on the basis of 1. Simply not responding or 2. Refusing on the ground it's too complex etc?.

The time to comply has dropped from 40 days to a month - there was a survey done showing that a massive % of companies still aren't complying/within the time limit: which is odd given the potential for massive fines (not sure how many have been dished out)
When asked they stated that they would provide the UKGC with info if asked directly by them and would not send to me. This is a complete misunderstanding of rights and is par for the course. The UKGC can't ask for my info directly and indeed stated to me in an email that I must raise it with the operator and then provide them with the subsequent detail.

When asked they stated that they would provide the UKGC with info if asked directly by them and would not send to me. This is a complete misunderstanding of rights and is par for the course. The UKGC can't ask for my info directly and indeed stated to me in an email that I must raise it with the operator and then provide them with the subsequent detail.

What exactly was the scope of the SAR? There is certain information they can refuse, however, if it is what and who I think, I doubt that they can use that as a reason. If they are refusing and you have it in writing then complain to the ICO && the UKGC, if not then send it via email so you have proof it was requested. This is just another bit of evidence to show they are dodgy as accused.

What exactly was the scope of the SAR? There is certain information they can refuse, however, if it is what and who I think, I doubt that they can use that as a reason. If they are refusing and you have it in writing then complain to the ICO && the UKGC, if not then send it via email so you have proof it was requested. This is just another bit of evidence to show they are dodgy as accused.

Standard info on initial account and 2nd account, how my personal data was used, also to a point what verifications using my personal data with 3rd party's was carried out and what it was. All my data. It probably IS who you think it is by the way. The official stance is that they will only comply with an official request from the UKGC who cannot request it as they are not the data subject!!!!

Standard info on initial account and 2nd account, how my personal data was used, also to a point what verifications using my personal data with 3rd party's was carried out and what it was. All my data. It probably IS who you think it is by the way. The official stance is that they will only comply with an official request from the UKGC who cannot request it as they are not the data subject!!!!

Yeah I thought so, no reason for them to refuse that. You need to start a complaint with them first as the ICO is unlikely to consider your complaint until you have exhausted that route. Ask them for their complaints procedure then get onto the ICO if they still refuse.

Yeah I thought so, no reason for them to refuse that. You need to start a complaint with them first as the ICO is unlikely to consider your complaint until you have exhausted that route. Ask them for their complaints procedure then get onto the ICO if they still refuse.

Have completely exhausted their procedure previously and with their appointed ADR so likely just go straight to the ICO. Sure the GC won't be viewing it in a good light.

Have completely exhausted their procedure previously and with their appointed ADR so likely just go straight to the ICO. Sure the GC won't be viewing it in a good light.

Good, yeah straight to them then. Wonder if when their rep reads this he cries real tears again :) (he hasn't yet)

Can you please say who it is cuz I think I know who you are talking* about but...we should all be aware of how our personal data is handled

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back