Sarah Palin abused her power as Alaska's governor

GamTrak

Banned User - flamming - too anoyaing
PABaccred
Well looks like Ms Palin got some splain to do. :D

----------------------------------------

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (CNN) -- Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin abused her power as Alaska's governor in the firing of her former public safety commissioner, but violated no laws, a report for the state Legislature concluded Friday.

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is under investigation for the firing of her public safety commissioner.

Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan's refusal to fire Palin's ex-brother-in-law from the state police force was "likely a contributing factor" to Monegan's July dismissal, but Palin had the authority as governor to sack him, the report by former Anchorage prosecutor Stephen Branchflower states.

The bipartisan Legislative Council, which commissioned the investigation after Monegan was fired, unanimously adopted the 263-page public report after a marathon executive session Friday. About 1,000 more pages of documents compiled during the inquiry will remain confidential, the council's chairman, state Sen. Kim Elton, said.

Rep. John Coghill, a Republican who criticized the handling of the investigation, said it was "well-done professionally."

But he said some of the conclusions were judgment calls by Branchflower, and recommended readers should view them with a "jaundiced eye."

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Hi BB,

The october surprise may be between John McCain (R) and John Lewis (D). I had a feeling that McPalin was opening up a can of worms that they did not want to mess with. :D

This just in hours ago!

------------------------------------------

John Lewis, invoking George Wallace, says McCain and Palin 'playing with fire'

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Civil rights icon and Georgia congressman John Lewis is accusing John McCain and Sarah Palin of stoking hate, likening the atmosphere at Republican campaign events to those featuring George Wallace, the segregationist former governor of Alabama and presidential candidate. McCain's campaign has responded with a statement in the candidate's name, urging Barack Obama to repudiate Lewis's comments.

"What I am seeing reminds me too much of another destructive period in American history," Lewis said in a statement issued today for Politico's Arena forum. "Sen. McCain and Gov. Palin are sowing the seeds of hatred and division, and there is no need for this hostility in our political discourse."

Lewis didn't accuse McCain of imitating Wallace, but suggested there were similarities.

"George Wallace never threw a bomb," Lewis noted. "He never fired a gun, but he created the climate and the conditions that encouraged vicious attacks against innocent Americans who were simply trying to exercise their constitutional rights. Because of this atmosphere of hate, four little girls were killed on Sunday morning when a church was bombed in Birmingham, Alabama."

Lewis's sharp words may be dismissed as those of a partisan Democrat in a campaign season. But the former head of SNCC and hero of Selma is somebody who McCain has lavished praise upon over the years, including admiring him in a book on courage and bravery and repeatedly invoking Lewis's name in public appearances.

i admire the govenor for what she has done for her home state, she does have a great approval record in alaska, so she must be doing something right but now have i doubts about both parties , we need a hell of alot better leadership in washinton, whom ever wins, they have a job cut out for them, maybe this time, they will earn their pay and respect of the american people if they can get us out of this mess, i dont see "W" doing anything right now but passing the buck on to the next person to deal with, its how its been done for years imho...laurie

respect of the american people if they can get us out of this mess
If that is your true desire then you won't get that from someone who abused their power in office and lets "first dude" run the show.

Palin is the type of woman that will take away more rights than we currently have and she is not the brightest bulb in the pack.

The folks she is talking to like joe six pack, hockey moms are NOT qualified to be president and need to continue going to hockey games and drinking their beer and let a qualified person be President and VP.

Her approval rating has taken a nose dive in Alaska as well as in the lower 48, you were a perfect example of that by removing her as your avatar. :D

i admire the govenor for what she has done for her home state, she does have a great approval record in alaska, so she must be doing something right but now have i doubts about both parties , we need a hell of alot better leadership in washinton, whom ever wins, they have a job cut out for them, maybe this time, they will earn their pay and respect of the american people if they can get us out of this mess, i dont see "W" doing anything right now but passing the buck on to the next person to deal with, its how its been done for years imho...laurie

Yes, Laurie, thus the "lame" in "lame duck" is so appropriate LOL.

Watched cspan this morning for the bailout oversight committtee's grilling/peppering of Lehman's CEO/chairman. Didn't know anyone who could squirm and smile at the same time!

So it occurred to me that these bailout folks, on both sides of the table, have decided that Obama will win the election. And for whatever reason, he will be pressed to clean up a mess that no one thinks is even possible!

Obama wants to heavily tax those earning $250k/year and above, while leaving the middle class alone. So it is no surprise that these rich folks have figured out a way to fill their pockets with the money to pay those taxes for the next 4/8 years..................

Wonder when our troops will come home thereby saving us lowly taxpayers, what is it, $10B each month? :eek2:

Sure to be a wild ride..................

So the Lehman guy admitted this about the bailout................it started when home values were appraised at far greater values than actually worth. In turn, homeowners took loans based in the greatly inflated values and lenders invested capital based on projected earnings from over inflated mortgages. Many homeowners were using their homes as an ATM card to refinance whenever they could pull extra cash out of their over inflated home's value.

Well all was swell until the ARM's started to require homeowners to pay much higher rates, which they couldn't. So the foreclosures started

When the foreclosures started, someone figured out that the projected income of various banks, investment banks, etc. was going to have to be seriously adjusted because +gasp+ those properties were not worth what the appraisers said. :eek2:

So now we have the largest bankruptcies in history. We also have some really good reasons to amend federal laws so this can never happen again.

If that is your true desire then you won't get that from someone who abused their power in office and lets "first dude" run the show.

Palin is the type of woman that will take away more rights than we currently have and she is not the brightest bulb in the pack.

The folks she is talking to like joe six pack, hockey moms are NOT qualified to be president and need to continue going to hockey games and drinking their beer and let a qualified person be President and VP.

Her approval rating has taken a nose dive in Alaska as well as in the lower 48, you were a perfect example of that by removing her as your avatar. :D
i missed my miss scarlett, gam..........:lolup:

I posted this at CAP before

HERE ARE THE FACTS:

We are ALL responsible for the current economic crisis. We ALL want nice homes, cars, boats, TV's and lots of stuff that we can't afford.

I have more info. to add, but no time right now, but IMO here is a bigger picture of what actually happened and why we are here today.

Blaming homeowners is not looking at the entire picture. As a business owner myself, I would never allow anyone to lead me down a path of doom and is NO excuse for the banks to use. There are NO laws to ammend. That's the problem.

-------------------------------------------------

Home owners that got in over their head are now facing foreclosures at a rate of 10,000 a day.

Loans were bunched and sold to institutions (insurance companies, banks, etc.).

The loans were very complex and broke up and sold to investors.

The banks, insurance companies and those investing money from pension funds, etc. snatched up the instruments because thier balance sheets depened on showing high profit.

Housing prices dropped and folks stopped paying.

Negative equity occurred in the homes and folks abandonded them because homeowners were allowed to get the loan they had with NO MONEY down.

Homeowers stopped paying and the credit insurers went bankrupt.

This is what put the economy at risk.

This could have all been avoided as it's happened six (6) times in the past, but not as bad.

Congress supported Freddie and Fannie who bought the weak loans and started cooking the books and got caught in 2004.

John snow - the then current treasury warned us - 9/10/2003
Alan Greenspan warned us in 2/24/2004

These guys got money out of the Freddie/Fannie deal:

NY - Charles Schumer - Dem
CT - Chris Dodd - Dem
UT - Robert Bennet - Rep

McCain $21,550 - Rep

DId I miss anything?

Last edited:
We are ALL responsible for the current economic crisis. We ALL want nice homes, cars, boats, TV's and lots of stuff that we can't afford.

Oh please...............grow up! The ALL you bunched some of us into ONLY includes those who lacked the foresight to wonder what if it all goes to hell? Those who didn't fall into the trap have not lost their homes, cars or any of the nice stuff purchased WITHOUT credit, they used cash :cool: how revolutionary! Now you want me to feel bad because your greed for the good life, which you could not really afford, is causing you to lose your precious stuff? No way! BTW, using the vernacular "you" not the personal "you." :D

Oh please...............grow up! The ALL you bunched some of us into ONLY includes those who lacked the foresight to wonder what if it all goes to hell? Those who didn't fall into the trap have not lost their homes, cars or any of the nice stuff purchased WITHOUT credit, they used cash :cool: how revolutionary! Now you want me to feel bad because your greed for the good life, which you could not really afford, is causing you to lose your precious stuff? No way! BTW, using the vernacular "you" not the personal "you." :D
When I say all I mean mainstreet. Everyone want to keep up with the jones.

I use my American Express Platinum Business card for all my purchases and you have to pay that off completely every month.

I've always taken care of my self and never wanted anyone to do it for me, but know that folks are struggling and it did not start with this ecomonic crisis. Our government over spends, Joe Six Pack over spends we over spend.

Lack of foresight had nothing to do with it. The average person that got caught up in this mess were not told or explain what arms, and someother terms mean. Not that that is an excuse, but to say that the home owner is responsible does not address the issue of banks giving money to someone that does not have the income.

I bought a newly built home in 2006. I was offered $100,000.00 MORE than I wanted. I also found some errors in my paperwork at signing. One that I did not catch (my escrow amount was to low) raised my mortgage by $373.00 a month for a year. Thank GOD I can afford to pay over 2k a month, but MANY can't.

I'm going to take you at your word that your post is not personal, but before you figure you are all grown up and know everything, do some fact checking first please. :D

So YOU are debt free right?

YEP we have that in common. Hubby got us caught up in a $800 scam when we wanted to sell our condo/timeshare because he did not READ the terms and he hears about it to this day. We will be paying them a visit in person next time we are in Orlando! :D LOL

He like to spend and charge and I like to spend and pay right away! hehe

As far as this housing crisis goes, I wanted to add that you can think of the banks like the ACORN group. They ran around committing some serious crimes and need to be held responsible.

On a serious note relating to this bail-out BS, which has me beside myself with anger, today I found a list of those in congress that changed their vote to YES, but it was only AFTER the $150 billion in pork was added. You seem like the type of person that would be upset by that right? What do you think should happen to them?

You guys are forgetting that a lot of people were victims of predatory lending practices by the Banks.

The loan contracts these banks have come up with are totally unreal and designed to fool the average 'Joe-sixpack" in thinking that they COULD afford more than they actually could.

The people that were writing these creative home loans were the same people that will give an unemployed 18 year old college student a credit card with a $25,000 limit.

With not being able to file Bankruptcy on Credit card debt and outrageous (I think criminal) interest rates, that $25,000 credit limit means that the average kid is going to be locked into debt their entire life...
Predatory lending... Well, the vast majority of our elected official don't think so.

We need to clean house this election. All the entrenched bureaucrats and corrupt power monger politicos must go!

On a serious note relating to this bail-out BS, which has me beside myself with anger, today I found a list of those in congress that changed their vote to YES, but it was only AFTER the $150 billion in pork was added. You seem like the type of person that would be upset by that right? What do you think should happen to them?

Actually when the 650B was upped to 800B that was when I knew Obama was going to win the election..........:D Sorry if that is offensive but it seems the GOP thing to do when admitting defeat. As far as our fair? politicos, sure am glad they earn at least 250k/year. I believe the next administration is going to take care of the porkers. :D

You guys are forgetting that a lot of people were victims of predatory lending practices by the Banks.
EXACTLY! :)

I'm a witness to it. After the crisis I thought back to how they tried to give me a bigger house and I'm self employed! They were mailing out bright eye-catching colored flyers (hubby spotted it when we came here for vaction) and we were living in the dominican republic, but I wanted to move back to the US and that flyer started it all. hehe

Obama has a very good chance to be the next President of America because the majority of people have suffered over the past eight years due to the fact that Bush/Chaney are idiots and ran our country in the friggen ground!

After this election I will change from Democrat to Independant and vote on an individual basis.

The 57 members in congress (Dems and GOP's) that porked up this bill are on my "Congressional Crooks" list and like McCain loves to say "we will take their name and make them famous' because they are not there for the people!

One thing I think most people agree on, no matter if your Liberal or Conservative...
Is that the old policies have just not worked for the middle class in America.

Trickle Down Economics, Drug War, Free Trade, Illegal Immigration, Deregulation, Union Busting, Self Regulation, No Fairness Media Doctrine and many other like policies just don't work for the middle class in this country. Sure those policies work just fine for the 10%ers that control 80-90% of the wealth...

But in a true Democracy, being in the minority SHOULD mean you don't get to control everything...

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back