Recommend a Netflix Box Set

neilw

Moderator of Live Games forum
Staff member
webmeister
CAG
MM
Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations for good Netflix Box sets to binge on. I'm happy to explore any genre as long as it's good.

I'll watch all sorts, and some have really surprised me, so please don't hold back.

I can recommend Cheer - it's about American cheerleading - but not as we would know it. It gives a good insight into this "Sport" and has a reality TV approach.

Last Dance - about Michael Jordan and American Basketball. You don't have to know anything about Basketball to enjoy this. Gives a great insight into the man and what drives him.

Over to you.

Neil.

Brooklyn 99 is good (comedy) I don't like comedy's in general but this was just stupid and good
Dark - German with subtitles, but it was an awesome series thoroughly enjoyable

The queen's gambit
Umbrella academy
Ozark

Best I can think of now, I love documentaries and the best I've seen is making a murderer, the staircase is good as well and on Netflix I think

Dark a German TV show is a great watch. First, two seasons are very good third season not so much. Also, I loved Black a South Korean show. It's one season long and is wacky but great fun. I recommend you watch these tv shows with subtitles because the dubs are really bad.

Dark a German TV show is a great watch. First, two seasons are very good third season not so much. Also, I loved Black a South Korean show. It's one season long and is wacky but great fun. I recommend you watch these tv shows with subtitles because the dubs are really bad.
Yeah I watched dark with the subs, the dub was horrendous

Yeah I watched dark with the subs, the dub was horrendous
I agreed. I am not a fan of dubs as even when actors are speaking another language subtitles are sufficient as the actor's emotions and voice inflections come through and even if I don't understand what they are saying. Dubs take away that very important element in my view.

Enjoyed Dark....Bordertown (Finnish series) is well worth a watch. :thumbsup:
I thought Bordertown was a Belgian series?? If it's the one I am thinking about? A police officer dealing with some tragedy (don't want to spoil the plot) Either way I enjoyed Bordertown immensely. Two very good seasons of television.

I can also recommend the first 3 seasons of "The Fall" (season 4 went full woke and lost the plot in my opinion) and also " Luther" Idris Elba gives a fantastic performance and I am not sure if it's still on Netflix but Britsh crime drama "Waking the Dead" and supernatural drama "Afterlife" are great binging shows too.

I thought Bordertown was a Belgian series?? If it's the one I am thinking about? A police officer dealing with some tragedy (don't want to spoil the plot) Either way I enjoyed Bordertown immensely. Two very good seasons of television.

Definitely Finnish. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back