PPA renews call for support against online gambling ban

Renegade

Dormant account
Just wanted to let everyone know about this so people can get involved.

PPA renews call for support against online gambling ban

1:37 PM, Friday, June 16, 2006 by Sarah Polson

According to the Poker Players Alliance (PPA), the federal government's efforts to ban online gambling could be taking another step soon. H.R. 4777, the Internet Gaming Prohibition Act, could go up for vote in Congress in the next 10 days, and the PPA is re-issuing their call for U.S. poker players to make their voices heard on the issue.

People who oppose the legislation are urged by the organization to call or write their Congressman before the vote. The PPA has posted a letter on their site at www.pokerplayersalliance.org that people can fill out and have automatically sent to their representative.

Additionally, the PPA is seeking members who would be willing to have their name on a letter that would be published in their local newspaper. The letters would let fellow citizens know about H.R. 4777 and H.R. 4111, the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2005, that seek to ban online poker and open the door to greater government involvement in personal affairs.

Those interested in putting their name on a letter can contact the PPA at email@pokerplayersalliance.org.

thanks for the heads up.....it's amazing how little coverage this issue is receiving in the news......just hard to compete with Brittany, TomKat and Brangelina.

i was trying to transfer less than $500 of my winnings from Neteller to my bank but I guess I'll have to jack that up and get it to the bank before the "good Christians" get their way in Washington.

....congrats to right wing voters (and vote counters)

I hope all the USA members and guests will click on the link and send an email.

We need to stop this BS now!

You may want to advise your readers to send a personal email from their email account or better yet pick up the phone and give them a call, personal calls carry a lot of weight with these folks.

Most all elected official’s websites now block or discount all form mail, bulk mail or auto generated letters.

Chances are no one will ever see or know about any of those form letters that are sent.

you can find your elected boneheads email and phone numbers here.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back