Port Security Act - Online Gambling Ban - Please Vote

Blimey this is the first poll where I've seen twice as many voters saying online gambling should be banned as not! :eek: Is this a religious area or targetted site?

Done. Simmo has a point - the votes approving an internet gambling ban in the USA far outnumber those who do not think a ban is in order.

That's the first time I've seen a (informal) poll produce that sort of result.

these results probably have more to do with the wording of the question. many of the respondents just see the words "online gambling" and then click "yes" (as in "yes i'm for that")

Blimey this is the first poll where I've seen twice as many voters saying online gambling should be banned as not! :eek: Is this a religious area or targetted site?

No Simmo! LA is one of the most liberal places in the US, San Francisco a close second. I am surprised to see so many agreeing the ban is the right thing to do. Tennis_Balls might have it right and they are reading it wrong.

I too am surprised that in L.A. of all places, the majority is voting for prohibition.

As of now, the results stand at:

Yes (1148 responses) 51.2% [this is the BAD choice]
No (1095 responses) 48.8% [this is the GOOD choice]
2243 total responses

Please click that link and vote NO (to the ban) so that we can try to beat out the yea's, even if it's by only one vote...

these results probably have more to do with the wording of the question. many of the respondents just see the words "online gambling" and then click "yes" (as in "yes i'm for that")

Balls, I think it is insulting that you continue to portray all Americans as stupid.

I am not American myself but I can tell you that I don't much like your tone here.

Americans are surley not perfect, and I think they would say that themselves, but your sniping at their intelligence is a cheap shot.

Sorry, but I am growing tired of your endless "all Americans are stupid" rants. Show some respect for goodness sake.

Last edited:
I too am surprised that in L.A. of all places, the majority is voting for prohibition.

As of now, the results stand at:

Yes (1148 responses) 51.2% [this is the BAD choice]
No (1095 responses) 48.8% [this is the GOOD choice]
2243 total responses

Please click that link and vote NO (to the ban) so that we can try to beat out the yea's, even if it's by only one vote...

Sometimes I do hope that the yeas will prevail(by a slim margin, of course) in a poll or two so that there are no claims of the polls being RIGGED.

Sometimes I do hope that the yeas will prevail(by a slim margin, of course) in a poll or two so that there are no claims of the polls being RIGGED.

Ironically, if I see any poll where the results are in favor of banning online gambling, I always assume that it is rigged.

I used to think that too...Now I'm starting to realise that we're (online gamblers) just another minority in the BIG picture...

Last edited:
The question is now academic - the poll is closed, and the support for an online gambling ban still way outstripped those against such a ban:

Do you think online gambling should be banned in the United States?

61.7%
Yes (2722 responses)

38.3%
No (1688 responses)

4410 total responses

(Poll results not scientific)

This poll is closed to voting.

Scathing article here by Anthony Cabot on Frist and the ascendancy of theocracy rather than personal rights in the thinking of the Republican Party:

Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

The question is now academic - the poll is closed, and the support for an online gambling ban still way outstripped those against such a ban:

Do you think online gambling should be banned in the United States?

61.7%
Yes (2722 responses)

38.3%
No (1688 responses)

4410 total responses

(Poll results not scientific)

This poll is closed to voting.

A sudden surge from 1148 to 2722 for those in favour of banning online gambling whereas the opposite numbers only increased from 1095 to 1688 within the same period (less than 10 hours). It seems some organisation/somebody has mustered some votes to ensure that this particular poll favours a ban.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back