• Yes

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RobWin

closed account
A small wooden box arrives on your doorstep that will grant you the ultimate wish of $1,000,000 dollars in cash instantly! You know that opening it will grant you the million dollars BUT will also kill someone that you don't know. So of course the question is:

Do you open the box?
____
____

I would absolutley not open it, as much as it would help us out, no money is worth the death of anyone to me.

pevangel :)

Thanks for the response Pevangel. :)

Just to throw you a curve ball, lets say your only chance of saving your only child is the $1M and your only child will still be alive tomorrow if you open the box today. Of course someone that you don't know still gets killed though, because you opened the box.

Would you open it then?
____
____

wow that is rough, but my child most definitly comes first, and by the way I only have 1 child my son :) but Rob my friend I would probably not be able to live with myself, but my son comes first.

wow that is rough, but my child most definitly comes first, and by the way I only have 1 child my son :) but Rob my friend I would probably not be able to live with myself, but my son comes first.

I agree, that is a hard one to decipher there for sure. :)
____
____

Tough one here i had to vote i would open it. Mother instincts protect their own. Even though another person dies i could not live with being at fault for my own childs death. Watching this movie tonight. I might change my answer after that lol.

If it's the first scenerio, then no I wouldn't open the box. To have the fact that I killed another human being over money would not make having the money enjoyable. If it's the second scenerio, then I would have to open the box to save my child. I would still live the rest of my life feeling guilty knowing that my actions deprived another human being from living a longer life. And the money still wouldn't be enjoyable.

Well I voted before I read the twist - I would never take anything where someone would get hurt ( or killed ) but if it came to saving any one of my girls I would probably do it. I dont think I like this poll :eek2:

Just to throw you a curve ball, lets say your only chance of saving your only child is the $1M and your only child will still be alive tomorrow if you open the box today. Of course someone that you don't know still gets killed though, because you opened the box.

Would you open it then?
____
____

Well, presuming that someone owns this million, I would offer my life for that million, so after my death they will use this million to save my child's life. Doing this way, I will save my child's life and life of someone-I-don't-know...

I dont think I like this poll
Me either!
Well, presuming that someone owns this million, I would offer my life for that million, so after my death they will use this million to save my child's life. Doing this way, I will save my child's life and life of someone-I-don't-know...
Yeppers, now I know what to do! :thumbsup:

Can I keep like 500 thousand and just make the stranger really sick for a while?

derail...
Rob? Were you abducted by aliens or something during you short "vacation" from here? I have to agree, I don't think I like this poll either.

I thought the poll was fine until I found out it cost a million dollars to save my kid.

Jesus. Kids are expensive these days.

No, I wouldn't open it for the money. Now to save my kids is an entirely different story. There is nothing I wouldn't do to save one of them.

Michelle

Thought provoking but ultimately hypothetical. So I'd give the postman a tenner to open the box for me.

Interesting responses guys...some strange, but still interesting..:thumbsup:

Anyone that is still interested in finding out more about "The Box" can check it out here
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

It's really a good movie if you are into the 'intrigue' type of movies..:)

It stars Cameron Diaz as well, so that is always easy on the eyes too..;)
____
____

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back