Poker Room introduces cash mobile phone application

oldman

Dormant account
Online gambling operator Poker Room has unveiled its new service allowing users indulge in poker playing for money through their cellular phones. The company is planning to distribute the product next month. However, the service first will be suitable for one model only - Sony/Ericsson K770i, the other models will be served shortly thereafter.

The application has been geared to reconcile with a network supporting GPRS, and a service provider who runs a certain kind of mobile application (GSM, WCDMA, TDMA). So far, the company hasn't specified whether any US mobile phone carriers will serve the new opportunity.

Poker Room, which has been working for six month at the application, has become the first company to provide cash poker opportunity to mobile phones despite a number of operators have been trying to do this. The product meets a demand for mobile gaming options and may be a lucrative business at the moment. The mobile entertainment market currently has the highest growth potential; its revenues are expected to increase six fold over the next four years, becoming nearly a $20 billion dollar a year global business by 2009.

"Portable poker is a natural evolution for what is fast becoming the nation's cult game." Notes Patrik Selin, CEO of Poker Room. "You can play over your handset anywhere, anytime. The advance of mobile phone graphics makes the experience almost identical to that of playing online."

oldman said:
Online gambling operator Poker Room has unveiled its new service allowing users indulge in poker playing for money through their cellular phones. The company is planning to distribute the product next month. However, the service first will be suitable for one model only - Sony/Ericsson K770i, the other models will be served shortly thereafter.

The application has been geared to reconcile with a network supporting GPRS, and a service provider who runs a certain kind of mobile application (GSM, WCDMA, TDMA). So far, the company hasn't specified whether any US mobile phone carriers will serve the new opportunity.

Poker Room, which has been working for six month at the application, has become the first company to provide cash poker opportunity to mobile phones despite a number of operators have been trying to do this. The product meets a demand for mobile gaming options and may be a lucrative business at the moment. The mobile entertainment market currently has the highest growth potential; its revenues are expected to increase six fold over the next four years, becoming nearly a $20 billion dollar a year global business by 2009.

"Portable poker is a natural evolution for what is fast becoming the nation's cult game." Notes Patrik Selin, CEO of Poker Room. "You can play over your handset anywhere, anytime. The advance of mobile phone graphics makes the experience almost identical to that of playing online."

Does it mention anything about the security of this?? Sounds totally insecure to me.

Has anyone else been successful in downloading this? Tried to download the app to my phone -- admitedly not in the supported phone list, but is java enabled -- which Poker Room says may work. However, when I downloaded it, the link was too long for my phone to accept.

webber286 said:
Has anyone else been successful in downloading this? Tried to download the app to my phone -- admitedly not in the supported phone list, but is java enabled -- which Poker Room says may work. However, when I downloaded it, the link was too long for my phone to accept.

Check out
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
....it'll "consolidate" the url so your phone may accept it :D

nafanny29 said:
Wont the cost of the phoncall be something like $6 an hour to access the web?? Or am I missing something ;)

Not really. There's a couple cell companies that offer unlimited minutes 24/7; plus many others offer free nights & weekends....so if you choose your times wisely, it won't cost you a dime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back