Playing with a friend on Poker stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewooky

Dormant account
Editor's note: This is a really old thread and times have changed concerning poker. This thread is about a person who was possibly being accused of collusion in a poker game - and it was never really cleared up. Unless you are in Europe, online poker is relatively dead. For those in the States - New Jersey and Nevada is your safe haven. Check out
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
for that. For Europeans, here are the Link Outdated / Removed

Hi all,

I'm sometimes playing with my friend on poker stars and we are often sitting at the same table (cash game / micro limits / sit and go). We never exchanged any informations regarding our cards. ...He doesn't have a credit card so I'm always sending him money trough Poker stars..

Last night I went to his place with my laptop to play some poker and being able to rail each other ;) ... we play all night on different tables but sharing the same IP.

Now, I'm afraid that Poker stars think we are colluding or cheating or anything like this... what do you think? Is it safe to play like this? and what about playing on the same cash table when we are both at home? Because my friend knows a bit how I play and he is really less agressive with me (when i'm raising) than with other players. I 'm just afraid that PStars think we are cheaters. :eek2:

thanks,
Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
somebody playing at your table might think you and your friend are together ( since your location might be the same) and make a report to stars. If for whatever reason somebody e-mailed stars and told them to investigate you and your friend, then you'd probably be in trouble.

And now that you've played at the same address, you'd probably be wise not to enter the same big tourneys.

somebody playing at your table might think you and your friend are together ( since your location might be the same) and make a report to stars. If for whatever reason somebody e-mailed stars and told them to investigate you and your friend, then you'd probably be in trouble.

And now that you've played at the same address, you'd probably be wise not to enter the same big tourneys.

Thanks for your response,

In fact, we don't have the same location...
and we never play higher than 3.30$ SNG. or 10NL... so, basically no BIG tourneys ;-)

If I understand well here, only a player report can trigger an investigation???

(lol) and what about the fact that i'm often winning and my friend loosing (lol sorry dude) and me transfering money to his account few days later... If I was a site ops I would find that very suspicious.

You can cheat

I know afew guys that do this and they been doing it for almost two years but what they do is all by phone.That's one thing I hate about online poker and you can even clean house from all players.And no one will ever know it.
All I say is all you have to do is pray your not in a friends room or you can lose it all.

If I understand well here, only a player report can trigger an investigation???

I'm not a security expert, but that is my impression of pokerstars security from experience. I would imagine there are other triggers for their multi-player bigger tournies. But for us little fish, I don't think they investigate until a player makes a request.

Hi all,

I'm sometimes playing with my friend on poker stars and we are often sitting at the same table (cash game / micro limits / sit and go). We never exchanged any informations regarding our cards. ...He doesn't have a credit card so I'm always sending him money trough Poker stars..

Last night I went to his place with my laptop to play some poker and being able to rail each other ;) ... we play all night on different tables but sharing the same IP.

Now, I'm afraid that Poker stars think we are colluding or cheating or anything like this... what do you think? Is it safe to play like this? and what about playing on the same cash table when we are both at home? Because my friend knows a bit how I play and he is really less agressive with me (when i'm raising) than with other players. I 'm just afraid that PStars think we are cheaters. :eek2:

thanks,
Greg
Wouldnt worry about poker stars security, there heads up their xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back