Ontario Canada Storm

bebo67

RIP Bebo
I was out today, and the wind is so strong, a few times I had to stop walking because you couldn't walk against it. The freezing rain has started. I wish I was South right now :( Its been a brutal winter and spring here.
Freezing rain warning in effect for:

• Brantford - County of Brant
  • Woodstock - Tillsonburg - Oxford County
A potentially historic ice storm expected this weekend. Widespread power outages likely.

Rain is changing over to freezing rain as expected. The freezing rain could be mixed with ice pellets at times and will persist into this evening.

A lull in precipitation is likely this evening with patchy freezing drizzle expected. However, freezing rain will become widespread again and persist into Sunday before changing to rain. Significant rain may fall Sunday afternoon into Sunday night creating localized flooding.

Ice build up to 25 mm appears likely across Southwestern Ontario by Sunday morning. It may exceed that in some locales. Strong winds gusting to 70 or 80 km/h are also expected today through Sunday. The combination of excessive ice accumulations and strong winds will likely result in widespread power outages due to fallen trees and power lines.

Dangerous winter driving conditions are expected on untreated roads Saturday and Sunday, worsened by fallen tree limbs.

Travel is not recommended. Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots will become icy, slippery and extremely hazardous. Beware of branches or electrical wires that could break under the weight of ice. Extended and widespread utility outages are possible. Public Safety Canada encourages everyone to make an emergency plan and get an emergency kit with drinking water, food, medicine, a first-aid kit and a flashlight.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ONstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.

it's been such a sh*tshow - same day was heavy snow, sleet, rain, hail and sun.
I'm a bit more northern On and southern is getting snow slammed (not that we havent had our fair share) but today is just wicked rotten winds.

Mother Nature is well off her beds..this feels like our 3rd winter this year.

On the power outages, we've had some rotten ones this year with the island having to create several 'safe' havens, for food, water and heat. I and a few neighbours had to go to another neighbour who had a woodstove for those of us had only electric, and eventually had to go stay elsewhere the night.

I am so over this winter lol

this is our alert:
A messy mix of snow, ice pellets, and freezing rain Sunday into Monday.

Snow mixed with ice pellets will spread into Northeastern Ontario early Sunday afternoon. Snow and ice pellet accumulations near 5 cm are possible before changing over to freezing rain late in the day Sunday.

The freezing rain will change back over to snow Monday morning. Snowfall amounts of 15 to 20 cm are possible by Tuesday morning.

In addition, strong northerly winds will produce areas of blowing snow, leading to reduced visibilities.

Snow and blowing snow will ease Monday night into Tuesday.

Warnings may be issued as the event draws closer.
_______
I mean tbh it was a rotten awful winter, but then, it's part and parcel of Canadian living - its all rather par for the course

On the power outages, we've had some rotten ones this year with the island having to create several 'safe' havens, for food, water and heat. I and a few neighbours had to go to another neighbour who had a woodstove for those of us had only electric, and eventually had to go stay elsewhere the night.

I am so over this winter lol
Lol. I hear ya! I have the woods feet away from me, and not looking forward to this storm. And no where to go if the power goes out.

this is our alert:

Snow mixed with ice pellets will spread into Northeastern Ontario early Sunday afternoon. Snow and ice pellet accumulations near 5 cm are possible before changing over to freezing rain late in the day Sunday.

The freezing rain will change back over to snow Monday morning. Snowfall amounts of 15 to 20 cm are possible by Tuesday morning.

In addition, strong northerly winds will produce areas of blowing snow, leading to reduced visibilities.

_______
I mean tbh it was a rotten awful winter, but then, it's part and parcel of Canadian living - its all rather par for the course
We have been spoiled the last few years.

this is our alert:

_______
She is just bouncing back and forth with you northerners lol

. All 112 lbs of me trying to walk against it yesterday.
ha
the cat went out earlier - made it as far as the stairs before a huge gust of wind blew its fur in every direction, like an electrical blast and it bolted inside and hid :p

People in the rest of Canada always talk smack about the rain here in BC, I will take the rain and pineapple express
breeze over that unpredictable shit all day long.....this coming from a transplant.

In Mississauga, smoking in the rain now...feel like i've been in Copeville two days and moving to Port Hope.

I was out today, and the wind is so strong, a few times I had to stop walking because you couldn't walk against it. The freezing rain has started. I wish I was South right now :( Its been a brutal winter and spring here.
Freezing rain warning in effect for:

• Brantford - County of Brant
  • Woodstock - Tillsonburg - Oxford County
A potentially historic ice storm expected this weekend. Widespread power outages likely.

Rain is changing over to freezing rain as expected. The freezing rain could be mixed with ice pellets at times and will persist into this evening.

A lull in precipitation is likely this evening with patchy freezing drizzle expected. However, freezing rain will become widespread again and persist into Sunday before changing to rain. Significant rain may fall Sunday afternoon into Sunday night creating localized flooding.

Ice build up to 25 mm appears likely across Southwestern Ontario by Sunday morning. It may exceed that in some locales. Strong winds gusting to 70 or 80 km/h are also expected today through Sunday. The combination of excessive ice accumulations and strong winds will likely result in widespread power outages due to fallen trees and power lines.

Dangerous winter driving conditions are expected on untreated roads Saturday and Sunday, worsened by fallen tree limbs.

Travel is not recommended. Surfaces such as highways, roads, walkways and parking lots will become icy, slippery and extremely hazardous. Beware of branches or electrical wires that could break under the weight of ice. Extended and widespread utility outages are possible. Public Safety Canada encourages everyone to make an emergency plan and get an emergency kit with drinking water, food, medicine, a first-aid kit and a flashlight.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ONstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back