Seen betfred's games?

Hangman:

Choose one of three items:
Expired Image

Select a letter:
Expired Image

Then answer a question:
Expired Image

If you choose ? for your letter, they'll shuffle four items - follow them as they move around (very quickly) to earn a bonus:
Expired Image

Collect five discs to win the progressive.

Note that you need google to have a hope. I got four discs easily but didn't get the fifth despite a succession of daft question such as - which is the fastest of these 3 world war two planes. I lost on 'Which baseball team does John Goodman support' - New York Mets, Brooklyn Dodgers, or Atlanta Braves

No Who Wants To Be a Millionaire, sadly.

Catchphrase is signficantly easier - getting your 1 back is easy, don't expect to get further than that though:

Press the button:
Expired Image

Then, as with hangman, choose a letter and get the question right to add it to your list.
Expired Image

As with hangman, there's a ? letter, with a slightly different subgame. In both games the subgame can be sped up to make it harder for you and more bad things hidden to hasten your end. You'll notice you get plenty of lives for wrong letter guesses, but for the questions you have just two lives, unless you earn more. Expect to get impossible questions which can't be googled (if you want to succeed, an open google/wikipedia window is VITAL) as you continue play.

The free play mode is rigged, as they say "the demo play is designed to easily introduce you the game mechanics and the difficulty is not representative of Real Play"

Millionaire screenshots:

FWIW, I don't think the lifelines are designed to be helpful.

Expired Image
Expired Image

The only useful one is 50/50, and you've got enough time to think to earn that one - the others are provided by the game company and they've no interest in helping you.

There's a 'skip question' lifeline awarded at 1000 points also.

Paytable:
Expired Image

I have done a bit of play on these games, and the questions are shameful.

They are lazy, unresearched, not checked, and not fit to be used with money on the line.

For instance there was a question on the distance run in the Modern Pentathlon - the 'correct' answer given by them was actually wrong, the distance having changed in 2000.

Also plenty of bad misspellings, 'Liz McColghan', 'Igean' for 'Aegean', and a question

"The Mohican Indians lived in which state?"

Arizona/Connecticut/New Mexico/New York

there are two possible correct answers, but only one is accepted, which is unacceptable.

Another bad question:

"What is the meaning of fustian?"

Old fashioned/Worthless/[something else I forget]

The best answer is Old fashioned, but they want 'Worthless'

Ladbrokes are returning my stake for the errors, but when the stake is 1 and you win 20 for completing the game, that isn't really adequate compensation.

There is no excuse for putting out games like this when there is money on the line all the questions should be checked and double-checked. The games should be taken off-line until they can get around to checking ALL of their questions to ensure none are ambiguous or erroneous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back