Nor'easter coming

just play

closed account
Another storm is exactly what the mid-Atlantic and Northeast coast don’t need. But the European Centre Medium Range Forecast (EURO) model is forecasting exactly that this time next week.

The EURO, which sniffed out Sandy 8 days before it hit, shows an area of low pressure developing off the Georgia/South Carolina coast the night of the election (November 6), and then moving up the coast into New England by Wednesday night.

NOAA’s Hydrometeorological Prediction Center leads its extended forecast discussion with the headline:

...NOR’EASTER POSSIBLE FOR MID-ATLANTIC/NEW ENGLAND STATES BY ELECTION DAY INTO NEXT THURSDAY...

The simulated storm - while much weaker than Sandy - shows moderate rains and gusty (not damaging) winds in the same areas hit so hard earlier this week. It also shows some potential for snow on the interior.

These conditions would obviously hamper clean-up efforts in areas afflicted by Sandy’s coastal flooding and raise the seas again, but to a much lesser degree.

The U.S. GFS model also simulates a storm in that time frame, but it stays far enough out to sea to mostly spare the mid-Atlantic before curving inland in southern New England.

Exact track details and, thus, the localized impacts of the storm are not possible to pin down at this range. But once again, the overall pattern shows the potential for a storm that would bring wind, rain, and inland snow to parts of the mid-Atlantic and/or Northeast.

This is really bad, I hope it dies out or heads off into the middle of the ocean before then. Fingers crossed for all the East-coasters right now!

One aspect with these *Perfect Storms* that is baffling the hell out of me is - If anyone does some research on HAARP, not only does it exist, but, amongst it`s many capabilities, is the ability to control weather, in 1977 the UN chartered a treaty that prohibited the use of weather warfare between UN member countries, enforced in 1978...

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

It`s capabilities.....

So, the $64,000 dollar question - HAARP has many bases scattered around the planet, why isn`t it being used against these super hurricanes. tornadoes etc?.

Again, feel free to start another thread about HAARP and debate it until your hearts content.

My concern is for the people in it's path, (the same people are that still suffering from Sandy) and for some reason you can't comprehend people don't want to hear about HAARP in the exact moment we are in fear!

Again, feel free to start another thread about HAARP and debate it until your hearts content.

My concern is for the people in it's path, (the same people are that still suffering from Sandy) and for some reason you can't comprehend people don't want to hear about HAARP in the exact moment we are in fear!

I fully comprehend people in fear, and believe me my concerns are as much as the next guy`s, when there is a possible cure out there and it`s being completely ignored, is an issue that people should be aware of.

P.S.

This is a public forum, you created a thread regarding bad weather I commented that this can be controlled, and thus a possible remedy to resolve it, don`t shoot the messenger, take it up with your government.

Last edited:
One aspect with these *Perfect Storms* that is baffling the hell out of me is - If anyone does some research on HAARP, not only does it exist, but, amongst it`s many capabilities, is the ability to control weather, in 1977 the UN chartered a treaty that prohibited the use of weather warfare between UN member countries, enforced in 1978...

It`s capabilities.....

So, the $64,000 dollar question - HAARP has many bases scattered around the planet, why isn`t it being used against these super hurricanes. tornadoes etc?.

because it isn't allowed, RE: 1977 UN treaty:D

Perhaps, like Roulette systems, it doesn't work - another damn good reason for not using it against superstorms:p

Back on the subject of predictive meteorology, it is being suggested that as Sandy headed north, it reinforced the blocking high over the Western Atlantic, and this in turn could trigger a northerly outbreak for the Eastern Atlantic, bringing another early taste of winter for parts of the UK. This second storm is also likely to reinforce the blocking high yet again. This could then set the pattern for the UK winter, which many are saying is going to be colder than average, or according to the tabloids, "the worst arctic freeze for a century" (or since 2010 anyway).

On the other hand, should such a pattern get locked in for the winter, the Eastern seaboard of the US could experience a predominance of milder southerly winds, and hence a milder winter than usual. The cold will be felt further inland though, through central US states and to the west.

For the UK, builders in particular could face a lean winter season as many projects are postponed, even cancelled (except those infernal roadworks of course:mad:).

As for HAARP, if it IS doing anything to the weather by charging up the ionosphere, it will NOT affect the evolution of small scale storms, rather it would affect climate over the long term, just like greenhouse gases. The sun & sunspots/cosmic rays have a far greater impact on climate than anything HAARP can muster.

because it isn't allowed, RE: 1977 UN treaty:D

Perhaps, like Roulette systems, it doesn't work - another damn good reason for not using it against superstorms:p

Back on the subject of predictive meteorology, it is being suggested that as Sandy headed north, it reinforced the blocking high over the Western Atlantic, and this in turn could trigger a northerly outbreak for the Eastern Atlantic, bringing another early taste of winter for parts of the UK. This second storm is also likely to reinforce the blocking high yet again. This could then set the pattern for the UK winter, which many are saying is going to be colder than average, or according to the tabloids, "the worst arctic freeze for a century" (or since 2010 anyway).

On the other hand, should such a pattern get locked in for the winter, the Eastern seaboard of the US could experience a predominance of milder southerly winds, and hence a milder winter than usual. The cold will be felt further inland though, through central US states and to the west.

For the UK, builders in particular could face a lean winter season as many projects are postponed, even cancelled (except those infernal roadworks of course:mad:).

As for HAARP, if it IS doing anything to the weather by charging up the ionosphere, it will NOT affect the evolution of small scale storms, rather it would affect climate over the long term, just like greenhouse gases. The sun & sunspots/cosmic rays have a far greater impact on climate than anything HAARP can muster.

Since when have any UN countries abided by the rules, recent war crimes in Afghanistan breached several protocols of the Geneva Convention, anyhow back to topic as far as controlling weather goes.......

WEATHER MODIFICATION
The idea that HAARP can be used for affecting weather systems is pretty startling to us. HAARP researchers felt that manipulating weather systems would be advantageous in terms of drought control, and producing rainfall where it is needed. With HAARP, you can create a column-shaped hole with a diameter of 30 miles that rises a couple of hundred kilometers through the atmosphere. The lower atmosphere then moves up the column to fill in that space, and it changes pressure systems below. The fact is, that it can literally be used to divert or alter the course of jet streams.

Source......

It most certainly can be used for controlling weather my friend ;).

I fully comprehend people in fear, and believe me my concerns are as much as the next guy`s, when there is a possible cure out there and it`s being completely ignored, is an issue that people should be aware of.

P.S.

This is a public forum, you created a thread regarding bad weather I commented that this can be controlled, and thus a possible remedy to resolve it, don`t shoot the messenger, take it up with your government.

Yes, this is a public forum, post away.

That "possible cure" isn't going to help anyone right now.

Have you even read what NY and NJ are going through? Forgive me if I (or them) don't give 2 shits about HAARP at this very moment. We are more concerned about finding a way to get water/heat/food/etc for our families. You know the important stuff.

I read about this this morning. They have over 64,000 utility workers (with more arriving daily) working around the clock trying to restore power before this next storm hits. They're afraid people will succumb to hypothermia.

I know many people in my area are sending food, clothing, medical supplies, etc. down to NYC and NJ by the truckloads. Many feel its a "pay it forward" gesture, for all they were given when they needed help last year after Lee and Irene struck.

I agree 100% with just play, please keep the "conspiracy" theories to a different thread ...yes, this IS a public forum. Yes, this is a public thread, but please be considerate enough to respect those who have family and friends who are in affected areas. Thanks!

I read about this this morning. They have over 64,000 utility workers (with more arriving daily) working around the clock trying to restore power before this next storm hits. They're afraid people will succumb to hypothermia.

I know many people in my area are sending food, clothing, medical supplies, etc. down to NYC and NJ by the truckloads. Many feel its a "pay it forward" gesture, for all they were given when they needed help last year after Lee and Irene struck.

I agree 100% with just play, please keep the "conspiracy" theories to a different thread ...yes, this IS a public forum. Yes, this is a public thread, but please be considerate enough to respect those who have family and friends who are in affected areas. Thanks!

Personally I think it always pays to "pay it forward" as what comes around goes around. So great to hear about people helping each other this way!

Great post Ksech-warms my heart.

I'm too old for this weather c-rap. I hate driving at this time of year....It'a a case of "Hurry UP a WAIT"...the gas prices are too high and the pay is too low...the transportation community gets it up the...you know what!

I'm almost done but I can't afford to stop...

ARRGH, I was hoping for another year of no snow....LOL! but then again I am Princess...;)

New Zealand looks like the perfect country to live....

I wish there was a 'pause' button on the weather.:)

One aspect with these *Perfect Storms* that is baffling the hell out of me is - If anyone does some research on HAARP, not only does it exist, but, amongst it`s many capabilities, is the ability to control weather......

Yes, I thought it funny that Sandy took a relatively sharp left turn after passing the Norfolk VA area as to avoid harming the valuable military complex there. :cool:

I`m not saying another word m8, it seems me giving a fuck always comes back and bites me on the ass.

Here's the thing, you posting about HAARP at this moment is not very considerate to families out there just trying to survive. You know as well as I know if there was such a thing (I haven't looked into it, so I can't post about it properly) it CANNOT be fixed today. Would you like to discuss HAARP with that woman who's children got ripped out of her arms by Sandy and died? Or maybe with the 100 or so other peoples families who died right now?

That's the thing you don't get, your timing isn't right.

You came off as a bit of an ass with this comment
don`t shoot the messenger, take it up with your government.
I also came off as a bit of an ass with this comment
Forgive me if I (or them) don't give 2 shits about HAARP at this very moment

I think a good debate about HAARP would be terrific, I would probably join in...but again NOT AT THIS TIME.

Here's the thing, you posting about HAARP at this moment is not very considerate to families out there just trying to survive. You know as well as I know if there was such a thing (I haven't looked into it, so I can't post about it properly) it CANNOT be fixed today. Would you like to discuss HAARP with that woman who's children got ripped out of her arms by Sandy and died? Or maybe with the 100 or so other peoples families who died right now?

That's the thing you don't get, your timing isn't right.

You came off as a bit of an ass with this comment I also came off as a bit of an ass with this comment

I think a good debate about HAARP would be terrific, I would probably join in...but again NOT AT THIS TIME.

My apologies, at another time take some time out and research it, it exists, that is I will say out of respect for the dead and all those that have suffered :).

Being from the UK,we're pretty known for our "poor weather" worldwide.

However I was watching hurricane sandys events unfold via the BBC and Earthcams,which made me think we're actually pretty lucky,in that we don't get hurricanes-or bad ones at least (hope Michael Fish doesn't read this
)

If ever we get a storm its barely enough to knock a few tiles off of the roof,nevermind cause structural damage.

Same goes for earthquakes,we rarely get an earthquake-even the last most noticeable was something like 2.3 on the Richter scale,nothing worthy of note.

Yes we complain about rain but we are actually pretty lucky,and what amazes me even more is a country can prepare for a hurricane like sandy and still be open for business 2 days later.

You should see the UK after 2 inches of snow has fallen - allsorts of chaos ensues.

Hope those caught up in Sandy quickly get their lives back-I will be saying the odd nightly prayer for y'all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back