new phone scam to watch out for

peteyweestro

Dormant Account
hey all, i got a phone call 3 days in a row and they kept telling me they were from the united states tax office and that i was to be recieving a check for $1,800.00 because i had always paid my taxes on time and it was a new bonus for taxpayers but they screwed up when they asked for my checking account and routing #,and they wouldn't give out their phone or address ,i mean there isn't even a us tax office its really the irs how dumb these people are, oh yea the first guy that tried it the first 2 days was asian and could barely be understood then on the 3rd day a india type voice from a lady that actually was getting really pissed cuz i wouldn't give her my info, she started yelling that she was legit and that there was no way she could steal funds from my account only with my numbers, what an idiot if your gonna run a scam make it believable hungh

Sure they cant.....just like someone didnt steal money from my checking account a couple of weeks ago. The FBI is investigating this crap. Thanks for the update Pete. I wouldnt believe them anyway because I owe them LMAO

My elderly Mom hangs up on this type of phishing call no less than once a week. She is on the Do Not Call list. But I firmly believe that once one of these scammers heard her voice, knew she was elderly, they have now passed on her phone # to yet more scammers!

I do hope one of them will call when I'm over there.... :D

Please try to get a phone # to call the scammer back. If they're stupid enough to give you a working phone # you can turn it over to the phone co. and FCC or whatever.

as soon as i would say give me your # so i can call you back and prove its all real she would holler "i'm from the us gov, i can't steal from you" and when i would still say give me your # they hang up

Caller id shows unknown name and number. About the tenth time they called my wife played along with them. She was hollering "Honey we're getting 1800.00" They guy on the other end kept telling her yes, yes. She then told him okay mail me the check. He said okay but we just need to verify it's you with a bank account number. She must have driven them nuts, they haven't called back since.

Phil

^ That's a great way to get these people back: string them along endlessly and really waste their time, otherwise known as "scambaiting."

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back