New Forum Functions

Very nice changes, Bryan!

One suggestion....how about adding more "levels" as your rep power goes up? A lot of us have been stuck at ".. has a reputation beyond repute" forever now....:D

Awesome changes Bryan !!! and on another note regarding what Win said above and regarding the "Thanks" button...as you well know I have always been an advocate of the folks that give "Thanks" to a good post or great SS etc. etc...but what really gripes my ass is the ones that have received so many "Thanks" without giving any to another member or the ones who have received ie: 200-500 "Thanks" and have only given very few out even as little as "0-None"...I would like to see this system set to where you can only "Receive" so many "Thanks" before you have to Give someone else a "Thanks"

Example: A while back and Nash remembers this well I actually asked "juliack" about why she/he had a "Reputation Beyond Repute" no longer than she/he had been a member here and the Fact that she/he had Never ONCE given a "Thanks" to anyone else...but since I called her/him out on that fact they have since been thanking other members for their posts also.

Again, thanks for the great changes Bryan...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
About tags

Hi Bryan........what the heck are tags and where do I find out about them? I usually go tagless so am confused.:confused:

Tags are new, and are a relatively interesting concept.

If you scroll down to the bottom of each thread, you'll notice "Tags". These are terms that are related to the thread that (depending on your level of Meisterness) you can edit/add/delete.

These create what's called a tag "cloud"; you click the hyperlinked text and it will list related threads. These are not generated by a search engine spider, but by you - the member. :D

Fully registered members can add tags only to their own threads. Senior and meister members can add tags to any thread. In other words, you become master of your own thread searches :thumbsup:

Example - you're a "meister member" and you come across a thread about video poker that you find stupendiously awesome. Scroll down and tag it "video poker". And let's say you come across other threads that might relate to this. You can tag them the same way. Then if you ever want to find them - just go to the tag cloud :D

If you were only to simply use the search function for "video poker"...good luck :p

There's some wird shit going on when I post. It keeps zooming in, taking me to the top of the page...stuff like that. Is it just me?

My brain hurts! :eek2:
I'll have to take another week off work to learn all that malarkey.
Sounds great though! :thumbsup:

I too am unable to get a screenshot to go through when I go to upload nothing happens - just keeps telling me file uploading:confused:
That usually means the file is way too large (takes over 100KB of memory) - make sure you save your screenshots as "JPEG" format.
As you're a 'classy mom' I presume you have kids - if any of them are over 3-years old, they'll show you how... :p

KK

That usually means the file is way too large (takes over 100KB of memory) - make sure you save your screenshots as "JPEG" format.

KK[/QUOTE]

GIF's are smaller than JPEG's right?

Yea, you're right BB, but with GIF you lose a lot of the color and the resolution...

...wrong....

It's the other way around...JPG images are compressed GIF images, so there's where you lose the resolution and colors ;)

FWIW, GIF images are compressed BMP...

So for quality and size (these 3 anyways), it goes

1: BMP
2: GIF
3: JPG

...wrong....

It's the other way around...JPG images are compressed GIF images, so there's where you lose the resolution and colors ;)

Damn Win...isn't that just what I said...LOL :lolup:

Below you can see both JPG (1st pic) and GIF (2nd pic) and check out the property size and resolution with both of them being saved as such from Paint

Remember the question was "GIF's are smaller than JPEG's right?" which they are...

Last edited:
Don't want to get in the middle of a guy war, but..........I always save screenies as jpegs and they always upload.;)

Suze,,,how did you end up in the middle of this ??? LOL

I swear I've been spending so much time now in this "Social Network Group" thing that I haven't even had time to check the forum out...

...wrong....

OK, I wanted to re-visit this issue again and I see what you are saying Win, and I believe we are both correct if that is possible because it would all depend on how you saved the pic and what elements you used when you set up the save, such as DITHERING...However, if you take a closer look at my two screen shots above you can see the GIF image has been forced to employ DITHERING because it didn't have enough colors nor did it have the correct colors available in the GIF 256 color palette....

Notice the fly on the left is GIF at 32 colors and 2.69kb and the fly on the right is 17 million colors JPG 6.64kb

Last edited:
Amazing changes! It will take me a while to get up to speed on all these new things but i'm really looking forward to it. Kudos!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
3-year olds? So I assume KK will be displaced by his son in about 2 years time, LOL.
I have a daughter, no son yet - maybe next year... :rolleyes:

I swear I've been spending so much time now in this "Social Network Group" thing that I haven't even had time to check the forum out...
That's what worries me!
Even though I'm home on paternity leave, I don't even have enough time to read all of the forum, let alone start networking!
I would love to, but there aren't enough hours in the day - if I tried to cram that in as well I probably wouldn't have time to do any gambling, let alone change a few nappies! :eek:
(UK nappies = USA Diapers)

So I'll apologise in advance to those trying to network with me - I will get there but it may be a little while yet...

:cheers:

Thank you..but that looks like a TREMENDOUS amount of work:notworthy..I just learned not too long ago how to start a thread:lolup: I still can't get that screenshot though:confused:

Don't feel bad, hon. I just this morning realized that the little doo-hickey beside our username in posts (the little spade icon) is grayed out when a member is offline and 'lit' when we're in the forum. :rolleyes:

OK, I wanted to re-visit this issue again and I see what you are saying Win, and I believe we are both correct if that is possible because it would all depend on how you saved the pic and what elements you used when you set up the save, such as DITHERING...However, if you take a closer look at my two screen shots above you can see the GIF image has been forced to employ DITHERING because it didn't have enough colors nor did it have the correct colors available in the GIF 256 color palette....

Notice the fly on the left is GIF at 32 colors and 2.69kb and the fly on the right is 17 million colors JPG 6.64kb

See, the thing of it is, anything on a website is limited to 75dpi (browser constraints, I believe). You'll only notice the difference when you're looking at it on your computer...

:thumbsup:

See, the thing of it is, anything on a website is limited to 75dpi (browser constraints, I believe). You'll only notice the difference when you're looking at it on your computer...

:thumbsup:

Where you been anyway ??

Here's the same two screenshots opened up on my computer with properties displayed for your viewing pleasure...LOL

Last edited:
List of all albums?

I see that several members have created albums. But I did only find them by changing the albumID in the url and trying from 1,2,3..... etc. The other way is to click a member and then see if he has an album. None of these methods are optimal.

What I would like is a list of albums. In the list you should be able to see the owner of the album and the album title.

I see that several members have created albums. But I did only find them by changing the albumID in the url and trying from 1,2,3..... etc. The other way is to click a member and then see if he has an album. None of these methods are optimal.

What I would like is a list of albums. In the list you should be able to see the owner of the album and the album title.
I'll check to see if there is a plugin for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back