neteller exchange rates impressive difference

mikepipe

Dormant account
I checked recent neteller payments and found the difference between debit and credit impressive- example:

i got 900$ and it was changed into 729 (-19%)
minutes later i bought 150$ which cost my 126 (-16%).:lolup:

That s strong aint it?:confused: :confused:
cheers

I admit i've noticed a similar trend Mike. I have recently emailed NETeller to ask for my account to be reinstated as a dollar account from the existing Uk pound account as i play mostly in dollars. No response yet, 4 days on :(

They state on their T&C's that no matter where you reside, you can choose the currency of your NETeller account. I wish i'd set it up in $ in the first instance, i'd have saved several hundred $.

Gentlemen,

I've had various problems over the years with my NeTeller account. Because I'm living in South Korea, I always lose X amount of dollars from all the wire transfers. Costly indeed. Talking to their reps (via phone or online) is pretty much useless. I swear they hire a bunch of people who just got out of high-school. If you'd like to find out who to contact who could help immediately (he's in charge of all the money transfers), send me a PM. I'll then give you his email address. I'm not sure if he could handle your problem directly, but it couldn't hurt to contact him to help you out.

Steed

exchange rates

Simmo! said:
I admit i've noticed a similar trend Mike. I have recently emailed NETeller to ask for my account to be reinstated as a dollar account from the existing Uk pound account as i play mostly in dollars. No response yet, 4 days on :(

They state on their T&C's that no matter where you reside, you can choose the currency of your NETeller account. I wish i'd set it up in $ in the first instance, i'd have saved several hundred $.

Its true they get extra profit from all those exchange currencies. And other similar services have the same policy (click2pay, moneybookers etc).
As soon as I noticed that, I tried to change to $. This is especially worthy for some progressive slots, where the actual progressive winnings are only in usd, irrespectively if you play in euros or pounds! E.g. Playtech.
Neteller changed my euro account to usd in a couple of days just fine. Click2pay will not change dut to policy about the country I live.
Ecocard allows to have second account in other currency and just move funds from one account to the other. Nice. I havent tried though, because I imagine that the rates will be probably similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back