dunover

Unofficial T&C's Editor
Staff member
webmeister
PABnonaccred
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm3
OK, so having sent money to my Neteller-linked current a/c at the usual outrageous fee of £5 Sunday, I left £203.60 in it, enough for a £200 ATM w/d inc. the £3.50 (1.75%) gravy skim.

I go there just 30 minutes ago and try to w/d the £200. Nada "Transaction declined, cannot contact your bank"

Tried again, same £200, same happened.

So instead I w/d some cash from my current a/c and once done, I then tried £190 (thinking I may have made an error and not left enough pennies in for the £3.50 skim).

Again, nada. So I get home, check the Neteller a/c online and it shows a declined £200 w/d and then an ACCEPTED ONE!! :eek: It doesn't show the other attempts at £200 ( I made 3 overall ) or the £190 attempt. So what the hell is going on here? No cash, the card was spat out every time!

It this normal or have I been shafted? :eek2:

I have had very similar once or twice with my Skrill account mate (same company)

Never actually found out what caused it BUT wasn't shafted and balance rectified itself.

The "cannot contact your bank" scenario happens now and then but usually a short term hiccup.

Only thing I can't remember is the time frame, guess work kicks in here but IIRC the first one was a matter of hours

On the other occasion it was a debit card transaction rather than ATM, transaction declined in shop but funds were taken from Skrill balance!

Again this corrected itself but was a couple of weeks as best memory serves :oops:

Bottom line is I think you'll be ok.

If your preparing to contact them, roll a few smokes and take a very deep breath first, their CS ain't the best!

Happened a few times to me, mostly with the same banks - UOB stood out from the crowd with most declined ATM withdrawals but money taken from Neteller or Ecopayz account.

You can open a case file with Neteller support or wait 6-8 weeks to receive the dosh back into your account. Or you go into the bank who owns the ATM and let them do it from their end. Either way, minimum 14 days before you will see anything happening.

Happened a few times to me, mostly with the same banks - UOB stood out from the crowd with most declined ATM withdrawals but money taken from Neteller or Ecopayz account.

You can open a case file with Neteller support or wait 6-8 weeks to receive the dosh back into your account. Or you go into the bank who owns the ATM and let them do it from their end. Either way, minimum 14 days before you will see anything happening.

Brilliant. So because Neteller aren't a bank technically you lose all consumer rights. This is why I DETEST these gravy-skimmers (web wallets) and only use them when I have to, in this case I had an affy payment. I don't trust them, you have hardly any rights and they are just crap for CS and doing things efficiently.

What is even more worrying than the £200 I'll never see again possibly is that these 'errors' can occur, i.e. the ATM can report NO communication with the 'bank' in this case Neteller, void the transaction and yet Neteller can report the cash withdrawn and not declined. These people really are scumbags. What if I was someone who needed the £200 for shopping, to eat? :mad:

Brilliant. So because Neteller aren't a bank technically you lose all consumer rights. This is why I DETEST these gravy-skimmers (web wallets) and only use them when I have to, in this case I had an affy payment. I don't trust them, you have hardly any rights and they are just crap for CS and doing things efficiently.

What is even more worrying than the £200 I'll never see again possibly is that these 'errors' can occur, i.e. the ATM can report NO communication with the 'bank' in this case Neteller, void the transaction and yet Neteller can report the cash withdrawn and not declined. These people really are scumbags. What if I was someone who needed the £200 for shopping, to eat? :mad:

The 200 quid are not lost as the bank who owns the ATM will see the error between paid out notes and debits from accounts. Hence, the money will be credited back even if you don't take any action.

Neteller is regulated by the UK, they are considered a financial institute, hence have to adhere to the same laws and regulations.

The mistake happens between ATM - MasterCard or MasterCard - Neteller. And since there are sometimes a dozen of intermediaries, depending which ATM you are using, the mistake can happen on any cross-point. But the most issues happen at MasterCard, at least that is what the bank told me. Who knows, they could have been just trying to pin the blame on somebody, just to steer me away from doubting them.

But I always got the dosh back. The most I had once was 3x 250 EURO as that is the max. ATM withdrawal per day. Thinking this can't be true as there is plenty of money in the account, I tried it three times only to discover later that all 3 amounts were taken. My advice is, if an ATM withdrawal is declined, check first your Neteller or Ecopayz account if the money was taken before trying it again. And then only at a different ATM. :oops:

I stopped using Neteller years ago, fees too high and too many random verifications / requests for docs.

I haven't used neteller since i got my paypal wallet fully verified as its fast and free. usually transfers funds to my bank within ten minutes or so.

OK, update on this shit. I submitted a support ticket 8 days ago via my account NO f*cking reply as of yet. :mad:

I did though find today the £203.50 was credited back to my account and have now withdrawn it to my current a/c.

So it took 18 days to be resolved on its own.

Not good, this would never be allowed to happen if it was your High St. Bank like Barclays etc.

Thanks for the advice given on this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back