messiah of advantage play?

happygobrokey

Dormant account
qqqq;//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_game_show_winnings_records

The single day record, for many years, was held by Michael Larson, who won $110,237 on Press Your Luck in 1984. Larson's record was achieved due to his memorization of the board patterns the show used. His total was so high because of him repeatedly hitting the money-and-a-spin squares on the board, and his game had to be split into two episodes (which aired Friday, June 8 and Monday, June 11, 1984 after being taped on May 19) because his turn caused the game to go well over the show's half-hour allotted time.

zomg! they never cut him off, even when they opened the door for him to abuse their generosity. they even let him take up another show to finish raping them. i should read more about this...

also of interest (same page):

In 2006, Larson's record was broken by Vicki-Ann Chrobak-Sadowski on The Price is Right, who also set a regular show record in the process on the show's 35th season premiere. She won both Showcases, and on top of her regular game winnings ended up with $147,517 in cash and prizes.

the winner of TPIR's final episode today won $140k and change with only one showcase. $3.5k tv in the bidding, corvette, $1.00 on the wheel, a bbq grill, a cruise and a cadillac roadster. more description of the episode in my wildcards thread if you missed it. in there i forgot to mention also that the first and last game ever to air on the show was "any number". it was won in the first episode (a car worth $2600), and in the final game it was lost (~$26000 ford suv).

you can watch reruns and the newer version as well on gsn the network for games. and you can see shandi finnessey miss usa 04 and of DWS, SCHWING!!, on gsn's quiznation show which airs daily at midnight. that feels like an oxymoron. she's not on each day though, only 1-2 nights a week.

note also: snoop dogg references press your luck in his song "a bitch i knew" off of tha blue carpet treatment, "...big bucks no whammies / i had to meet this white bitch her name was tammy / she lived in the valley, she couldn't understand me / but she let me dig out her home girl named brandy..." good ol snoopy dee-oh-dubb :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back