Lets Go!!!!

Webzcas

Winter is Coming!
Staff member
nohypeneeded.png

Being a bit of a boxing fan, I am really looking forward to tomorrow night's WBC Heavyweight Title Fight between 'The Gypsy King' and 'The Body Snatcher' aka Tyson Fury and Dillian Whyte.

Whyte has been notably absent from the build up until the start of this week and the promotion of the show which Frank Warren's Queensbury won with a mammoth purse bid of $42m, has been somewhat lacking.

Certainly the interest in the fight in the US will be low, where it will be available on PPV via ESPN, this is primarily due to the ring walks across the pond being in the afternoon and of course no American fighter taking part.

I personally loved the Fury - Wilder trilogy and with Wilder's one punch knock out power, pretty much unrivalled by anyone, this made each of these fights make you sit on the edge of your seat. Especially as Wilder can't box for toffee and you knew Fury would outbox him as a result. But the equalizer in Wilder's right hand, made you know the fight was never ever a foregone conclusion. As the results of each fight showed to be the case.

So tomorrow night, Dillian Whyte who has waited for what seems like forever for his shot, takes on Fury, How does it go? Well many think it could be similar to how Fury boxed the head off Derek Chisora in their 2nd fight. Possible, but I honestly think Whyte will be well up for this one. Especially as he has been dicked around by Frank Warren as well as the WBC.

Who will I be rooting for? I like Fury but I also like Whyte. So to be honest, if either won I would be happy. But if I was to have a bet, a few quid on Whyte for me, just purely because you will get a better return.

Also one thing to note, amazing how far 32Red have come. I remember over 10 years ago speaking with @Mark_Lottomart that they should sponsor Tony Bellew, who I used to vaguely know and speak with on a boxing forum I used to post on and who was actively looking for sponsorship. Back then Bellew was Commonwealth Light Heavyweight Champion. At the time 32Red declined. Now look at them, they are the main sponsors for the fight tomorrow night.

I remember over 10 years ago speaking with @Mark_Lottomart that they should sponsor Tony Bellew, who I used to vaguely know and speak with on a boxing forum I used to post on and who was actively looking for sponsorship. Back then Bellew was Commonwealth Light Heavyweight Champion. At the time 32Red declined. Now look at them, they are the main sponsors for the fight tomorrow night.

They can afford to sponsor these things now they're not paying my salary Dave! :)

Mark

I anticipated that Whyte would not be a match for Fury. I think Fury's reach advantage and skills were far superior. There could only be one winner.

Whyte lost in and around the same time and same way to both Joshua and Fury. Joshua is the man to take Fury on. I would love Joshua to win, but the more I watch Fury, I think that AJ will be Ko'ed as well by round 6 to 8.

... that is, if he can get his belts back from Usyk first.

Nate

I got up at 3am to watch the fight. How bad were the prelims OMG complete mismatches. I like Whyte but he was terrible. I think he needs a new trainer.

I don't think there's anyone with a realistic chance of beating Fury or outboxing him, except Usyk but he's not big enough in my view. Joshua wouldn't have a hope in hell of beating him, he isn't big enough and certainly not good enough. I would like to see Fury have a unification fight.

"I've got balls like King Kong, heart of a lion, the mindset of the Wizard of Oz" - Fury

Of course, one can't help but smirk at yet another challenger dispatched, with Fury in the best shape he's ever been, mentally at ease, confident, and just an absolute beast.

One ponders the state of American boxers, and just the Heavyweight division in general, what with yet another overhyped bum sent packing. Hope you did some sightseeing in London, went in to Harrods and bought some gifts for family and friends, and got yourself a red buses postcard. Now it's time to slink back home Whyte. Toodlepip!

Too many of this new breed of heavyweights basing their entire repertoire on Hollywood punches, wild saloon swinging, haymakers and video game punches, yet with alarming lack of technique, skill or precision. It's as though they're partaking of the People's Postcode Lottery of Boxing. Wilder, Whyte, all too easily found out. In fact, I've seen them more windmilling throughout their sham challenges that the Netherlands Tourist Board would have shed a tear of pride 🚬

Now obviously it's not the first generation to have seen boxers come and go, ones that seemed like the real deal, only to fall by the wayside and never to be heard of again. Neither is it the first where one elevates themselves above their peers and dominates their era. And make no mistake, Fury's not just dominating these fights, he's playing the game at his own pace.

And whilst all around him exhibit whatever limited showpony skills they possess until it's a spent force, Fury's rare art of pugilism and deceptive finesse continues to dumbfound all that face him, and reason for his longevity in the ring. The only person ever likely to beat Fury is Fury himself, and so let's just enjoy him clubbering all before him, because as always, most won't appreciate sporting greatness until a few years have passed.

Only 'make-believe' historical matchup that would've been intriguing would have been Lewis vs Fury, as I feel the former would have had the minerals to give Fury a swollen lip. But, alas...

Until then, all hail the Gypsy King! Suck it up people! Ding ding! 🔔

Please can they just get on with fury vs joshua, the more they wait the more chance of another excuse, then usyk fights the winner if need be. Hearn [son of barry] and warren are masters of milking the public imo, effectively both promoting a fighter with claim on british champion at the same time. There needs to be a decider.

It's purely money- driven these days, it's more of a promoter's rivalry than a boxing one. The big- money mega-fights rarely deliver on their promise, and so the likes of Warren, Harry, Barry and the other Chuckle Brothers are milking the public for what it's worth.

Yes I still have the bitter memories of Mayweather vs Pacquiao, one of the worst £25 spent, not to mention Mayweather vs Canelo. In fact, anything Mayweather- related. Hold on.....I've been duped! No wonder he's called Money Mayweather! :mad:

So no doubt they'll arrange the inevitable Fury vs Joshua, to give the public what they 'crave', and monetize the bastard to the hilt. Even if Joshua's been found out and will be a handy punch bag for Tyson, so there is that :cool:

"I've got balls like King Kong, heart of a lion, the mindset of the Wizard of Oz" - Fury

Of course, one can't help but smirk at yet another challenger dispatched, with Fury in the best shape he's ever been, mentally at ease, confident, and just an absolute beast.

One ponders the state of American boxers, and just the Heavyweight division in general, what with yet another overhyped bum sent packing. Hope you did some sightseeing in London, went in to Harrods and bought some gifts for family and friends, and got yourself a red buses postcard. Now it's time to slink back home Whyte. Toodlepip!

Too many of this new breed of heavyweights basing their entire repertoire on Hollywood punches, wild saloon swinging, haymakers and video game punches, yet with alarming lack of technique, skill or precision. It's as though they're partaking of the People's Postcode Lottery of Boxing. Wilder, Whyte, all too easily found out. In fact, I've seen them more windmilling throughout their sham challenges that the Netherlands Tourist Board would have shed a tear of pride 🚬

Now obviously it's not the first generation to have seen boxers come and go, ones that seemed like the real deal, only to fall by the wayside and never to be heard of again. Neither is it the first where one elevates themselves above their peers and dominates their era. And make no mistake, Fury's not just dominating these fights, he's playing the game at his own pace.

And whilst all around him exhibit whatever limited showpony skills they possess until it's a spent force, Fury's rare art of pugilism and deceptive finesse continues to dumbfound all that face him, and reason for his longevity in the ring. The only person ever likely to beat Fury is Fury himself, and so let's just enjoy him clubbering all before him, because as always, most won't appreciate sporting greatness until a few years have passed.

Only 'make-believe' historical matchup that would've been intriguing would have been Lewis vs Fury, as I feel the former would have had the minerals to give Fury a swollen lip. But, alas...

Until then, all hail the Gypsy King! Suck it up people! Ding ding! 🔔
I think Dillian Whyte is a British fighter?

He may have been the mandatory challenger for a a couple of years now, but most won't even know who he is to be fair, apart from those with subscriptions to the Ring magazine perhaps? His name just sort of popped up. He had no real relevance to.....anyone, that's for sure, and so I just assumed he's another American hyped-up gobshite!

He's had his free lunch, he can go back to being a journeyman fighter :p

Levels and that is what we saw Saturday night, different levels. Fury is like a fine wine, he just gets better with age. Whilst Whyte is no all time great, he is certainly above 'British' level, which his resume dictates.

But.....Fury used all his attributes and also matched Whyte's dirty foul play, headbutts, elbows etc etc, with Whyte ending up with being cut. Sugar Hill has also well and truly honed Fury's power, that uppercut was just quality and you could tell they had been working on that in the gym, knowing that Whyte is particularly susceptible to that punch.

I hope Fury doesn't retire and I don't believe he will. His Top Rank deal has come to an end, so no doubt angling for a better pay cheque to sign up for the undisputed, whether it will be Usyk or Joshua - For what it is worth, I can't see Joshua beating Usyk, who is absolutely class and whilst considerably smaller than Fury, he is the only one around who gives Fury problems.

That said there is the small matter of Daniel Kinahan in the corner of the room, who Fury has been linked to and indeed linked himself to over the years. Perhaps this is the real reason as to why he heads off into the sunset.....

He may have been the mandatory challenger for a a couple of years now, but most won't even know who he is to be fair, apart from those with subscriptions to the Ring magazine perhaps? His name just sort of popped up. He had no real relevance to.....anyone, that's for sure, and so I just assumed he's another American hyped-up gobshite!

He's had his free lunch, he can go back to being a journeyman fighter :p
Hardcore fans most definitely know who he is, as no doubt many a 'casual' fan as Whyte has headlined in the past several Sky Sports BoxOffice events, which get promoted to death on SSN.

Hardcore fans most definitely know who he is, as no doubt many a 'casual' fan as Whyte has headlined in the past several Sky Sports BoxOffice events, which get promoted to death on SSN.
I'm a casual/ moderate boxing follower, and I'd never heard of this bum, other than through his affiliation with Fury. He may be a ranked contender in boxing 'circles', but to me he'll just be an absolute ranker

I hoped so much that Fury would fight with Usik, but he was going to finish his career. In fact the strongest now in the heavyweight division are Fury and Usik.

Tyson Fury is the Peter Crouch of boxing.

Looks awkward, but is actually really good. He swamps, smothers and leans on opponents when they throw. Would be nice to see someone drop a few feints to make him reach and then catch him out.

Whyte was throwing telegraphed haymakers from round one and was never going to land one in a month of Sundays.

Shame if he doesn't cap things off and retires, will be a big opportunity missed to cement his legacy.

Just clicked on the bbc sport page for WC updates and seen Fury has beaten Chisora, a fight I didn't even realise was occurring. Derek seems to be basically a human punch bag who's wheeled out whenever the better fighters need a warm up fight.

Fury had beaten Chisora in a wide points victory in 2011 when they fought for the British and Commonwealth titles and again three years later when Chisora was retired by his corner at the end of the 10th round in a contest for the British and European belts.

There were hopes Chisora could produce a career-defining performance and defy the bookmakers, who had dismissed him as a 14-1 outsider.

So he'd already fought and beaten him twice, why hasn't Joshua vs Fury happened by now, that's the only british fight that carries any interest, have that then fight Usyk.

I didn't even need to check the result as it was a foregone conclusion. As Joshua bottled it, and denied the boxing public the fight they'd been wanting to see for years, out wheels Chisora, the most journeyman of journeyman fighters in the history of the sport.

He was spent as a credible fighter around a decade ago, but sticks around to earn his crust, even if it means yet another beat-down from whoever he's facing that month. One has to admire his....work rate (?), as his losses mount up, and must surely be well over ten by now, if not fifteen. He's a workaholic, he'd just as likely stand in traffic and squeegee people's car windows such is his work ethic, albeit everyone else just sees him as an easy pay day.

Funniest is seeing the mocked-up Fury vs Chisora III, as though it were the conclusion to the greatest pugilistic trilogy known to man, as though people were stoked seeing Chisora, the 20-20-2 fighter, somehow wear Fury down or God forbid, upset the boxing gods by knocking him out 🤔

I genuinely pity anyone that PPVed this event. Though not just for the money spent, but minutes of your life wasted, hoping, nay praying for some sliver of value!

But wouldn't worry, I'm sure it won't be long before the hotly anticipated Fury vs Chisora IV is finally confirmed......

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back