Las Vegas - Quite busy ain't it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simmo!

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
Found out yesterday that 10,000 planes a week land in Las Vegas. Assuming they all leave again I make that one is going up/down the runways every 30.2 seconds and, in any given 5 minute period, you have 20 planes on ascent/descent and 20 more taxiing!! Or basically 40 planes to instruct every 5 minutes! :eek2:

Most stressful job in the world? Air Traffic Control in Nevada methinks!

Last edited:
Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport is the busiest in the world, it handles about twice as many planes and passengers as Las Vegas McCarran. McCarran is not even in the top 10 in the world.

GrandMaster said:
Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport is the busiest in the world, it handles about twice as many planes and passengers as Las Vegas McCarran. McCarran is not even in the top 10 in the world.

Sure, but do they have slots in the terminal?

kniepm said:
Sure, but do they have slots in the terminal?
Are you implying that the air traffic controllers are playing slots while directing the planes and this makes it even more stressful?

I don't care about slots, the slots at the airport are the worst in the whole state anyway, but single deck blackjack would be a nice way of spending your time while waiting for your plane.

When I was there last they had both video poker and slots while you waited for your plane.

As for Hartsfield International Airport here in Atlanta . It is my understanding that since Delta has fallen apart Chicago beats us now as the busiest airport in the world.

Last edited:
They definitely have slots in the departure lounges, and dotted around in various 'smoking areas' too... I hit a nice $1000 Wheel of Fortune wheel jackpot as soon as the plane touched down last time I was there. Great start which went rapidly downhill :D Heh hee...

Like you say, they are all hand pay now too although the woman there was talking about them putting those EZ-Tickets in like they seem to have done everywhere else. I've still got some McArran Silver Dollars from a previous trip, might keep em in case they go up in value! Heh hee.

It is a bit overwhelming but the trip from the airport terminal to the
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
is worth it! :D

Buna ziua Marius, trebuie sa pui spam linkuri in postul tau?

Translation:

Hi Marius, do you have to put spam links into to your post?

This is a sure way to the "banned users" bin. Post reported.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had a couple of decentish wins whilst waiting for flights out of LAS, but generally slots at the airport always seem very tight. Never play when I arrive!

It is a busy airport but generally works pretty well.

FYI this is an 11 year-old thread :D

Nonetheless, the International Departures Terminal is new and much better but still has slots. For some reason though, still the old crappy 7s and Bars variety mainly. Very few newer video slots. To be honest, by the time I get there I've had enough anyway lol. The massage place is more appealing.

FYI this is an 11 year-old thread :D

Nonetheless, the International Departures Terminal is new and much better but still has slots. For some reason though, still the old crappy 7s and Bars variety mainly. Very few newer video slots. To be honest, by the time I get there I've had enough anyway lol. The massage place is more appealing.

I agree - generally had enough by the time I leave (or have no money left!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back