Ladbrokes Poker Freeroll - TODAY

Do they still block US players?

edit: Seems not :)

Weird, thought they switched to prima, but they just moved to MG software.

Last edited:
Ladbrokes Poker has never been part of the Prima Network. However they have always used Microgaming's software for their poker room. Ladbrokes Poker was also launched before Prima.

As far as I am aware they still do not accept US Players - indeed this was the case when I asked their Online Marketing Manager in Amsterdam last week.

Webzcas said:
As far as I am aware they still do not accept US Players - indeed this was the case when I asked their Online Marketing Manager in Amsterdam last week.

That's very very strange, as when I was trying to sign up, "united states" was one of the country options, and it in fact continued the process. When choosing this option, it in fact changes the signup form dynamically to permit you to put in your US address as well as zipcode.

Problem is, after filling everything else out, it came back with "Cookie check failed", and never created the account. I reduced my IE settings to allow all cookies and tried it again to no avail.

Second problem is they decided NOT to change their website re: "live" (what a joke) chat to say that CS isn't available today (easter). FWIW, their "live chat" consists of you submitting your question, a window popping up saying "keep this page open, someone will answer your question "soon", and you wait. The page is refreshing every so often, and their response is supposed to show up at some point. There's nothing interactive about it compared to "real" live chats...anyways, that page was open an hour while I was working on other things, and no answer. That's how I assume there's nobody there today.

What a crock of shit. I just recieved a form letter from them stating that the US is a banned country.

Could someone PLEASE tell me why they have all monetary values listed for tourney's, promotions, etc listed on their website as USD????? Check it out for yourself. Everything has a $ in front of it. Last time I checked, $ = US Dollars.

I checked into their website further, and it ONLY states that the USA is banned under the "account help" section. NOT in the T&C or anywhere else. That, plus the fact their signup process lists United States as an (apparently not) acceptable country....If the USA is banned, state it in BOLD letters on the website in clear view. If the USA is banned, either have it deleted from the country list when one goes to sign up, or have it pop up a window saying the USA is banned once you choose that option.

Ladbrokes Poker Room has from it's inception always used USD as it's preferred currency. Last time I looked they always had on the home page a prominent No US Player sign. I guess they are gearing up to enter the US at some stage later this year, hence the lack of these notifications now.

* Edited to add. Just checked the home page and they still have the No US Player sign up on the home page located bottom left of the page. See the screenshot below.

With regards allowing US Players to register their details ie. Not removing the US from the Country List - I expect they are building a database of US Players which they can market to, once the corporate decision has been made to enter the US Market.

This is something that is likely to happen later this year, now Hilton have been sold to their US Counterparts.

Last edited:
winbig72 said:
Second problem is they decided NOT to change their website re: "live" (what a joke) chat to say that CS isn't available today (easter). FWIW, their "live chat" consists of you submitting your question, a window popping up saying "keep this page open, someone will answer your question "soon", and you wait. The page is refreshing every so often, and their response is supposed to show up at some point. There's nothing interactive about it compared to "real" live chats...anyways, that page was open an hour while I was working on other things, and no answer. That's how I assume there's nobody there today.

Sometimes, their customer service can be pretty bad. I have found that a lot of the staff at both their UK and especially their Gibraltar office are quite 'offish'. They can make you feel quite small, especially when you are chasing a promotion they haven't credited or something like that. You often find they will say "Im sorry, but our promotions dept. are not in today, but we will pass on the message blah blah blah etc etc.".

They once really took the piss out of me. I was in a conversation with them (by email) and they ended up sorting out a problem for me. Forgive me, but I can't remember now what the actual problem was. Anyway, I emailed them back just to say thanks and I received an email by return basically saying - "Thank you for emailing your thanks. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us." YUK!!!! I felt like being sick. I just really hope that email was automated, but knowing Ladbrokes it probably wasn't and they were just taking the piss.

As for paying out though, they are top class.

Cheeky monkey

I dont know who you have been dealing with at ladbrokes lately but the email it has to be said is slow at the best of times. However i have found the support always to be helpfull and if you phone direct it usually gets sorted immediately. Also have direct emails to senior poker manager and also got the direct email address and mobile number for head of promotions so i cant really fault anything with customer support at ladbrokes. I think they are number one at the moment on the net. If you struggle with getting a response again monkey gives a pm and ill pass it on to someone who will sort it.

Thanks for the SS. You do have to admit it was in a more obscure place (bottom of the page) compared to where it ideally should be.

My main beef is the fact that even throughout the signup process, it indicated that USA players were allowed, and not simply taking demographic information to use in later marketing. That, in addition to the fact that it came back with a vague "error" code instead of simply saying "your country is banned"...well....doesn't sit too good with me :)

It's a shame too..Seemed like they had pretty good poker action going on from what I could see of the tables list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back