Ladbrokes leaves Switzerland, Hungary & Norway

Richas

Dormant account
Ladbrokes is pulling out of Switzerland (technically illegal), Norway (state monopoly only) and Hungary (they issue national licences and blacklist the rest).

That's pretty much every type of grey market...

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Bookmaker Ladbrokes has followed up on its recent withdrawal from the Canadian market by confirming it will also pull out of Switzerland, Norway, and Hungary.

According to various reports, Ladbrokes has opted to exit the three markets in order to undertake legal and regulatory reviews of igaming frameworks in Europe

Norway must be bitter for Ladbrokes given they spent 5 years taking them to the ECJ.

Ladbrokes is pulling out of Switzerland (technically illegal), Norway (state monopoly only) and Hungary (they issue national licences and blacklist the rest).

That's pretty much every type of grey market...

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Norway must be bitter for Ladbrokes given they spent 5 years taking them to the ECJ.

What does this mean?

What does this mean?

Hard to tell but I think it is fall out from the new UK rules on grey markets. I suspect a big polarisation with UK licenced sites leaving grey markets. This is not certain, Ladbrokes online proposition has been messy for years, these could be business pull outs in part driven by increased regulatory scutiny to review the cost/benefit and legals of each market.

I suspect though that Ladbrokes are just early movers, there will be more UK facing firms closing to punters from grey markets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back