Internet chess for cash?

any chess site that offers real $ games are flooded by programs and usually end that feature. Back in the day, I remember Kasparov chess used to have real $ games, but that didn't last too long.

i noticed party poker has added party gammon, but I would think robots could rule that area as well. of course we can trust party gaming's security department to keep a tight reign over this. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I don't see how party could ever see if you have a bot on your computer. I mean you could just stimulate play on your end and move accordingly. Definitely a game to stay away, far away from.

NoMouthToScream said:
I don't see how party could ever see if you have a bot on your computer. I mean you could just stimulate play on your end and move accordingly. Definitely a game to stay away, far away from.
They can spot other chess software on your computer pretty easily. If you're using a different computer and something's suspected unless you were very careful the fact you occasionally play perfect moves only a computer would think of will be pretty damning.

Chess for money will never take off, but cheating isn't the main reason. It's a game of pure skill with only a very small element of luck. Poker's great appeal is that the village idiot can get good cards and beat the world champion (or at least get enough wins to have some fun & believe it's just bad luck when he loses). The only chance I'd have of beating Kramnik at chess is if he spontaneously combusts :)

dominique said:
I carry two places in my skillgame section that offer chess tournaments.

They've been around for years.

They are quite popular, and you can check them out for free.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

World Winners support certainly didnt sweep me of my feet, I sent them an email inquiring about depositing on thier site and they didnt even email me back!

It is interesting that they are allowed to host a gambling website like this from the United States. They say on the site that since the games are skill based it is not considered gambling. So would doing something like gambling on the golf course technically be considered ok because it is a skill based game?

There's a site I just found called Ultimate Checkmate where you can play chess for cash.

The reason I've got back into chess is because now there's a decent place to play for cash and I've got sick of playing poker and losing to the lucky village idiot who should have folded there trash before the flop and then gets the only card in the whole deck that can save them on the river.

With chess its the best man wins how it should be. In Poker you can do everything right and still lose to someone who's done everything wrong.

I think if you play a pure skill game for money when there's no luck involved it is then not gambling. For it to be gambling there has to be luck involved or if your betting on a game you're not involved with like a football match.

Question about ultimatechess.com/online chess for cash

How does this site take care of the online cheating problem? I could play against you and use a software which will tell me what to do. This way I'll be able to game the system.

Isn't this why online chess for cash hasn't taken off?

Do people feel differently now? Does online chess for cash still have hope?

I would like to know people's thoughts on this.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back