Inappropriate behavior warning

I have used censors before - it blots out the potty mouth language. I found it sophomoric and it's something you apply to a kid's board - not one for seasoned gamblers.

I might as well rename the "Pitch a Bitch" section :p

It was just a question not the resolution. :cool:

I'm in here every day. Usually several times a day, but I guess I just don't pay close enough attention. I glance at topics, skim the first post or so, and if it doesn't grab me, move on. Guess there's some things better not seen and read, huh? :rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing the wondrous and amazing things Bryan has hidden behind the magic forum curtain. :thumbsup:

I have used censors before - it blots out the potty mouth language. I found it sophomoric and it's something you apply to a kid's board - not one for seasoned gamblers.

I might as well rename the "Pitch a Bitch" section :p
"Pitch a Lady of Ill Repute" wouldn't have quite the same ring as "Pitch a Bitch". :D

i'm not sure what to say...i agree with everyone on this matter and i think the meister did the right and appropriate thing, but.... i guess i'm kinda disappointed because i really like these two posters (even after some run ins with tim:D). i guess it never bothered me too much because there are always other members that keep the balance but i can also see how new members would be turned off by it (since they haven't gotten a chance to get to know everyone yet.)

regardless, i will also miss tim a lot and look forward to lojo's return!!!!

Regarding the thread where Tim5ny posted his inappropriate "She's just someone's whore.. like most bitches!" comment, did I find his comment offensive?

Yes I did. Very! But to be honest, I also thought...here he goes...off on one of his rants again. And despite it all, he could be very very funny, so I decided, on balance, to turn a blind eye to it all as in my opinion, his genuinely funny comments outweighed his misogynistic ramblings.

But, and this is where I am very confused, there were some posters who actually thanked Tim5ny for his comments. So should CM not also think about banning these posters as surely they were effectively condoning Tim5ny's GIGO (garbage in garbage out) rantings?

Just seems to me to be a rather one-sided decision.

....But, and this is where I am very confused, there were some posters who actually thanked Tim5ny for his comments. So should CM not also think about banning these posters as surely they were effectively condoning Tim5ny's GIGO (garbage in garbage out) rantings? ...
Nope - those posters can live with their thanks. Like I mentioned earlier, Tim was banned two or three times previously for these same sort of comments - some way worse. The last one was the final straw. The thanking could have been for a myriad of things, not just for the offensive comments.

Not taking sides here! Just my 2 cents, if its a public forum, why not get the public to vote on it. a ban for a time frame is one thing, as time passes, but a life one, is completely different. I would say make a vote if the users were offended enough to ban Tim for life

Just my thought

Not taking sides here! Just my 2 cents, if its a public forum, why not get the public to vote on it. a ban for a time frame is one thing, as time passes, but a life one, is completely different. I would say make a vote if the users were offended enough to ban Tim for life
Just my thought
Sounds like the peoples court.
This sounds like a great idea when this kinda stuff comes up.
We The Jury Find..............

Just my thought

True, it is a public forum for members that adhere to the rules of the public forum but don't forget it is also "Bryan's House"...if you had a party at your house with invited guests and one of your guests were offending your other guests would you not ask that guest to leave out of respect for your other guests ?

Or would you say to the other guests...lets take a vote and see if XXXX should be asked to leave...JMHO

Also this being "Bryan's House"...is that the image he would want to portray to his peers ?

True, it is a public forum for members that adhere to the rules of the public forum but don't forget it is also "Bryan's House"...if you had a party at your house with invited guests and one of your guests were offending your other guests would you not ask that guest to leave out of respect for your other guests ?
Or would you say to the other guests...lets take a vote and see if XXXX should be asked to leave...JMHO
Also this being "Bryan's House"...it that the image he would want to portray to his peers ?
I would call the Police :lolup:
And that person will get arrested and they would see the judge in the morning.:lolup:

You are going to get many different types of personalities on any given public forum, whether it be online or out there in the world.
People react differently to these things.
I don't curse myself (unless extremely mad or upset at something which is rare), so if I start reading a post with such words I end up moving on to another post.
Sometimes you have people who just like to whine alot, or want to be the center of attention and take everything to turn it around to be about them. If I happen to come across the odd person or two who posts like that on here, I basically skip it unless its dealing with something important or interesting.
As far as lojo's post where he typed to lauriejim and suzecat the way he did, I was shocked to say the least. I knew something had to be up for him to type in such a manner. I like lojo, and I really enjoy his posts, probably because it always takes a few seconds to try and figure out what the heck he's actually saying. :p He also has alot to contribute to the forum as well. Do I think it should of been excused because of drinking? No, but that is just me.
Do I think tim should of had a thread like he did about Tut? No, only because I don't even read the P*nis Joke section. Again, that is just me. I have the option of reading a thread, or bypassing it.
Bottom line is, this is Bryans forum, he made rules, he posted the rules, he gives fair warnings and bans before the big foot comes down. He also has given us alot of leeway to express our concerns and issues and last but not least, he is right that people on this forum should not be subjected to threads that are not in good taste.

Also this being "Bryan's House"...is that the image he would want to portray to his peers ?

Very good point. I can only speak of my own experience being new here. Would I have joined knowing that it wouldn't be a pleasant experience for me? Hell no. Everything worked out ok and I have respect for all here but to be truthful, I would have remained a happy lurker. Perhaps some other lurkers feel the same.

Behind the keyboard we forget the real people. I know we've all heard that before. I try to consider that some may be in a stage of depression, lonely or maybe ill and/or housebound. There are many scenerios. But some can take barbs just fine while others may be hurt or even devastated more than we know.

The above comment by RobWin is appropriate in this case to treat all as if they are guests in your home since this is home to everyone.

I have the utmost respect for the members here, and of course Bryan. It is not an eviable position to be in sometimes but I know Bryan does his best to make everyone welcome and comfortable.

In the end, very glad I joined!
:thumbsup:

Well, as someone who was the recipient of one of Lojo's rants, I don't feel like he should be excused for bad behavior and as for Tim, if I had been able to see him face to face, a smackdown would have probably occurred. No man is going to call me that and get away with it. Just made this forum look bad and him look stupid.

You go, Bryan!!

I was gonna to beat up Tim several times, but I still like him. He's the one that gave me the sig I use (best quote...) in a private message exchange we had once. I'll miss ya Tim.

Lojo - is a special case, I guess I should say a special nut case :).
I can't wait till he returns.

Its been 3 years now i have been getting attacked. Many jump on the bandwaggon. Affiliate id 1687 at pokerroom. Harrassed on a regular basis, some are nieve, others are staff. Ongame. I know it screwed me but extended finger when I got lawers involved. I am blacklisted in your industry. I have standards, maybe that will be your downfall.

EDMC

Gary Watson

mccaffo

Oh, and SUSANANDMARK at CAP.

Carry on:notworthy

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back