how's this for political support? what a country.

Why would you blame an entire country for what just one person did?

And we are lucky to live is such a great country...

In some other countries I can think of, they would have just killed her and left her body to rot on the street.

And what was an upper class white girl doing in that area? Slumming? Buying drugs or just looking for trouble...

If the guy that mugged her cut her face with a Knife, he must have been a highly trained Dr. to have such a fine hand for such light cuts... Looks more like a finger nail scratch to me.

I'll bet she just got ripped off buying drugs, in a bad part of town and had to come up with a story to cover her ass...

In some other countries I can think of, they would have just killed her.

And what was an upper class white girl doing in that area? Slumming? Buying drugs or just looking for trouble...

One last thing if the guy that mugged her cut her face with a Knife, he must have been a highly trained Dr. to have such a fine hand for such light cuts... Looks more like a finger nail scratch to me.

lol. should have said world. i just meant nothing surprises me. yea that b looks more like a burn. like it was branded.

In some other countries I can think of, they would have just killed her.

One last thing if the guy that mugged her cut her face with a Knife, he must have been a highly trained Dr. to have such a fine hand for such light cuts... Looks more like a finger nail scratch to me.

I was thinking the same thing. It looks like a superficial cut more than anything, and I seriously doubt that it'll even leave a scar.

Expired Image

One also has to wonder about this as well:

She declined medical treatment at the scene and said she would go to a hospital today.

Is anyone going to follow up with her and see if she went to the hospital or not? I doubt it. It [her "wounds"] couldn't have been too bad if she didn't want treatment at the scene.

She didn't have a cell phone? Why didn't she just call the police at the ATM after the robber fled?

Todd, who isn't familiar with the area, drove to a friend's house nearby

If she wasn't familiar with the area, how'd she find her way to her friends house that was close to the same neighborhood? If she had a friend that was nearby, then she must have known the area a little better than she thought...

"She is a volunteer for the McCain-Palin campaign," said campaign spokesman Peter Feldman. "Sen. McCain has reached out to her via telephone and has spoken to her and her family,” as has McCain’s running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, Feldman said. “Out of respect for her privacy we're not going to comment further."

Why is this even brought up, unless it was possibly a political stunt?

Who in the world comes up and demands $60 from someone standing at an ATM? Isn't it usually "Give me all your money?"

Seems a little fishy to me...I do hope she's going to be ok, publicity stunt or not.

edit: and as asked above, one has to wonder what she was doing in that neighborhood [that she wasn't familiar with] at night, in the first place...

Here's one for the books. Even the police have their doubts.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

By Matthew Moore
Last Updated: 3:10PM BST 24 Oct 2008
Ashley Todd, a female supporter of Republican presidential candidate John McCain who had the letter 'B' scratched into her face by an attacker, according to US police
Miss Todd said she was in Pittsburgh volunteering for the McCain-Palin campaign Photo: sarahsarmy.blogspot.com

Police want 20-year-old Ashley Todd to be tested by a polygraph machine because her statements allegedly do not tally with records from the cashpoint where she says the attack took place, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported.

Miss Todd, a Republican activist, claims that her assailant stole $60 after putting a knife to her throat in Bloomfield, Pittsburgh.

He then backed off, but became angry after spotting a McCain campaign sticker on her car, according to her account. After throwing punches and kicks, giving her a black eye, he etched a backwards letter B onto her right cheek, she claims.

Miss Todd, who is believed to be a student at Texas A&M university, reported the alleged attack to police but declined medical treatment. In a photo taken after the alleged assault her left eye appears severely bruised. Apart from the reddish-pink letter B, the rest of her right cheek appears unscathed.

Classic drug buying gone bad scenario... (of course I'd only know that from TV)

$60 in 'bad' area of town.... Won't $60 get you a bag of illegal whatever? (again from TV)... ;)

Also wouldn't whoever the mugger was, have used an "O" instead of a "B"... Maybe the "B" meant something different like .... "Bitch".

Classic drug buying gone bad scenario... (of course I'd only know that from TV)

$60 in 'bad' area of town.... Won't $60 get you a bag of illegal whatever? (again from TV)... ;)

Also wouldn't whoever have used an "O" instead of a "B"... Maybe the "B" meant something different like .... "Bitch".

goin to an atm no less. $2 fee on top of the normal price. she needs a new dealer or at least one that takes personal checks.:)

oh but if the dealer gets busted
then her check is a paper trail

I agree tho I dont think this was
anything to do with politics

drug deal gone bad
an yeah the B stands for Bitch

Cindy

Blast me if you like, but this is disgusting. The police department has taken this incident seriously AND the Obama campaign sent their sincere apologies along with the hope the thug who did this was caught. Do you think they would offer that apology if they hadn't seen or been told something by authorities to give the report validity ?

I can see being an avid supporter of a candidate but when a person is attacked and then the victim is blamed that's really reaching . No candidate wants this kind of thing.

I'm out of here so please go back to the character assasination zone this "political rant" has turned into. You even have a new target. Me.

Blast me if you like, but this is disgusting. The police department has taken this incident seriously AND the Obama campaign sent their sincere apologies along with the hope the thug who did this was caught. Do you think they would offer that apology if they hadn't seen or been told something by authorities to give the report validity ?

I can see being an avid supporter of a candidate but when a person is attacked and then the victim is blamed that's really reaching . No candidate wants this kind of thing.

I'm out of here so please go back to the character assasination zone this "political rant" has turned into. You even have a new target. Me.

Of course they would give their apologies. Whether or not it really happened has yet to be determined. If either side simply ignored what happened (valid or not,) then of course the media would be all over it, twisting it any way they see fit.

She's changed her story multiple times now...

If there wasn't anything to doubt, then why are they giving her a lie detector test? It's not like that is SOP to a robbery victim.

littlebit I guess you missed this...

Police want 20-year-old Ashley Todd to be tested by a polygraph machine because her statements allegedly do not tally with records from the cashpoint where she says the attack took place, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported.
Supporting a political candidate is fine, but when your support for that person closes your mind to whats actually going on in the world, you got bigger problems than politics, IMO.

littlebit I guess you missed this...

Supporting a political candidate is fine, but when your support for that person closes your mind to whats actually going on in the world, you got bigger problems than politics, IMO.

I didn't miss that report at all. The smears were posted before the police released the information the polygraph shows inconsistent answers. If you want to label me as "having bigger problems than politics", then so be it. I wouldn't be lecturing anyone about closed minds if I were you. Looking back over your posts, it would be the pot calling the kettle black.

If doing my own research and not depending on YouTube for my information makes me closed minded, then I'm guilty as sin . I tried in vain to go with either Obama or McCain based on their policies, etc. Being a Democrat for 42 years, it was no easy task quitting that party and becoming an Independent when I felt Americans weren't going to be represented when the smoke clears.

I will be greatly relieved, though, if this proves out to be a hoax. Nobody wants to see anyone attacked in the name of politics and the book should be thrown at her if it does turn out to be a hoax.

If you want to label me as "having bigger problems than politics", then so be it. I wouldn't be lecturing anyone about closed minds if I were you. Looking back over your posts, it would be the pot calling the kettle black...
First of all, my statement about closed minds and "having bigger problems than politics" was not directed at you, Sorry if you thought it was. Maybe I should have worded it a bit different. It was just a general statement of my opinion.

I am flattered that you took the time and effort to look over my old posts. However, I disagree that I am closed minded.

Game Over - Girl Admits she Lied about attack

Police: McCain volunteer changes ATM attack story
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

she made it all up... and she 'thinks' she carved the "B" on her own face...

According to reports on MSNBC the girl's friends have stated, "she has mental problems".

Todd told investigators that she suspected the man then noticed a John McCain sticker on her car, became angry and punched her in the back of the head, knocking her to the ground and telling her "you are going to be a Barack supporter," police said in a statement.

To this date, I have never heard anyone I know call Barack Obama by his first name when talking about him. Come to think about it, I've never seen a sign nor bumper sticker with his first name on it. I hope this woman gets the help she needs. Soon.

To this date, I have never heard anyone I know call Barack Obama by his first name when talking about him. Come to think about it, I've never seen a sign nor bumper sticker with his first name on it. I hope this woman gets the help she needs. Soon.

i hope someone shows her how to draw a "B" correctly

I kinda figured the story was BS when the attacker supposedly only ask for $60 from her at the ATM...everybody purdy much knows that the standard max withdrawal for typical ATM Cards is $300 so why wouldn't the attacker have asked her to withdraw the daily limit ??

I kinda figured the story was BS when the attacker supposedly only ask for $60 from her at the ATM...everybody purdy much knows that the standard max withdrawal for typical ATM Cards is $300 so why wouldn't the attacker have asked her to withdraw the daily limit ??

Really? I can do $500 ;)

That didn't ring a bell with me, either, since my max ATM withdrawal is $500.00. I don't know about other places but here in the Houston area, it just depends on what the bank wants to allow. About a year ago, it was $300.00 max at my bank also. I think they just like to confuse us. LOL.

Yes, yes I know guys...that is the very reason that I bold-ed and also underlined typical....I also have ATM cards that I can keep sticking them in the machine and getting unlimited amounts of daily withdrawals from, one I have has a set $750.00 cash withdraw daily limit but the problem is that most ATM machines are set up to give you no more that $300.00 per transaction so you will have to stick it back in again...another one I have has a daily limit of $5,000.00 on it but like I said I would have to put it in the ATM machine 16 times to take out $4,800.00...:)

Yes, yes I know guys...that is the very reason that I bold-ed and also underlined typical....I also have ATM cards that I can keep sticking them in the machine and getting unlimited amounts of daily withdrawals from, one I have has a set $750.00 cash withdraw daily limit but the problem is that most ATM machines are set up to give you no more that $300.00 per transaction so you will have to stick it back in again...another one I have has a daily limit of $5,000.00 on it but like I said I would have to put it in the ATM machine 16 times to take out $4,800.00...:)

my bank of america is the same way. 1000 per day but the atms give you 600 at a time so 2 transactions to get your cash. non b of a machine is $2 plus $2 from my bank so 8 bucks to take out a grand..... banks are not as stupid as we thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back