How do youse guys like the new Cryptologic poker games?

mary

Dormant account
CRYP is a publically traded stock, and I'm doing some research on its appeal. How do players like the new speed games?

New Lightning(TM) games are ideal for players looking for high-speed action. The games offer the same fun and rules as regular games, but at increased speed of play -- players have only 12 seconds to act or hands are folded, and blinds are posted automatically. WagerLogic has also added 10 new game levels for players who prefer lower-stake games, including 0.15/0.25 No Limit and Pot Limit games, and 0.25/0.50 and 0.50/1.00 Limit games. These newest features can be found at top Internet poker sites, including williamhillpoker.com, betfairpoker.com, interpoker.com, littlewoodspoker.com, theritzclublondon.com, ukbettingpoker.co.uk, sunpoker.com, pokerplex.com, classicpoker.com and totalbetpoker.co.uk.

I generally 2-table the turbo 0.5/1 and 1/2 on Stars... if the Crypto tables play like Crypto normally does at that level, I may have to move back. :)

Lightening games are nothing special, lots of sites have them. Might produce a bit more rake for the company though by getting more hands.

Lower limit games might attract more players but are more likely to get people moving down.

Overall, I don't think this will have much effect on anything.

I love the new Lightening games. But that's because the games were so slow before the upgrade. It was painfully slow. But now, even the normal games are improved. I've seen many times where the players are in three normal games and the Lightening tables are empty. Perhaps it's a little too fast for some.

Overall, it's a big improvement for Crypto. It was just too slow before.

nafanny29 said:
Played on a couple of tables to try them out but as I normally 4 table its a bit too fast for me.

Oh my goodness, I can see your point. I don't multi-table. I've tried two tables because everyone else is doing it, but I just can't concentrate. I guess it takes a lot of training. For now, I'm a one-table-at-a-time player.

But Nafanny29, I see your point. lol Four tabling the Lightening tables? I'd be a total basket case. :)

Four tabling at crypto would cause my computer to explode.

Multi tabling comes with familiarity with the game (many of my decisions are very routine now), and to some extent a natural ability to multitask (I am easily distracted and NEED at least two tables, plus email, plus music). It's definately a game of diminishing returns though.

I guess Paul don't want to consider 20 tabling like an aquaintance of mine did for an hour???

Thanks guys this was exactly the kind of information I was looking for.

Some more questions:

Disregarding the quality and quantity of players for the moment, which poker room has the best software? (Ease of use, funcitonality, speed, reliabiity)

Which has the best customer service (knowledgeable, resolves things in a timely fashion)

Which has the best anti-collusion and player behavior enforcement going (responds to complaints, boots idiots trolling for loans or business)

Which has the best transaction handling? (banking)

Whihc has hte best marketing? (good bonuses easy to understand speedily applied, regular mailings, no spam or abuse)
Thanks!

Having played most of the "big" rooms I prefer cryptos tables and interface. Their software can be a bit slow at times and I have been timed out on nut hands twice :( but 4 tabling I prefer it to any other software.

Now flame me peeps :lolup:

Which poker room has the best software? (Ease of use, funcitonality, speed, reliabiity)

Stars - hands down.

Which has the best customer service (knowledgeable, resolves things in a timely fashion)

Stars - their support pwns

Which has the best anti-collusion and player behavior enforcement going (responds to complaints, boots idiots trolling for loans or business)

Stars - their support pwns HARD.

Stars - a slow cashout from them is 24 hours. That's rocket speed many other places.

Whihc has hte best marketing? (good bonuses easy to understand speedily applied, regular mailings, no spam or abuse)
Party :( There's got to be something they are good at and it's not software or support.

It's a shame that Stars are not public - I would invest in them, rather than Party (free investment tip - buy Party poker put options. If their stock price collapses as I expect / hope before the option expires it's a lot of money, otherwise only lost the option price (unlike a short).

Yes, I love stars. I'm not ashamed of that. It's pretty much the only site I will play at without a bonus. In other words, Stars are the only people who don't have to pay me to put up with their crap - because they have so much less of it.

Which poker room has the best software? (Ease of use, funcitonality, speed, reliabiity)

I can't vote for Stars because their chat window steals focus.

Tossup between Stars and Paradise. Both are excellent.

Paradise was the first to start actively seeking out collusion and such, before any complaints were made. I think that stars does this now as well. Both are quite good.

(then all the other sites)

In last place: Totalbet Poker, who made it nearly impossible for me to get a new password assigned (didn't respond to multiple emails, etc).

FullTiltPoker - it hits neteller literally instantly. Failing that, Party has improved on this front and usually pays within an hour.

Party.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back