How do you multi-quote?

just play

closed account
I was going to ask this question the other day and just remembered now when I was reading a member saying he doesn't know how to do it either.

So, how do you do it? When I hit the multi-quote button the whole post comes up?

If you want to quote more than one post, hit the multiquote button. When you are ready to post, just hit the post reply button like you would normally and all the quotes you checked will show up on the compose posting page.

If you only want to quote one post and hit quote, it takes you right to the compose your post page.

I almost always use multiquote even if I only want the one quote, so I can finish reading the thread before I post.

Is this helpful? Hope so. :)

If you want to quote more than one post, hit the multiquote button. When you are ready to post, just hit the post reply button like you would normally and all the quotes you checked will show up on the compose posting page.

If you only want to quote one post and hit quote, it takes you right to the compose your post page.

I almost always use multiquote even if I only want the one quote, so I can finish reading the thread before I post.

so i just hit the multi-quote button on your post but it just looks like a regular reply.

what if i want to answer each of your paragraphs, but have them in quote formation?

I was going to ask this question the other day and just remembered now when I was reading a member saying he doesn't know how to do it either.

So, how do you do it? When I hit the multi-quote button the whole post comes up?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

got it :thumbsup:

but what if i wanna quote each of your paragraphs with your name in the quote instead of just the quote? am i making sense? lol

Or...what if i only wanna quote one sentence of yours, not your whole post

Last edited:
Ok. When you quote, it looks like this (had to add spaces after [ to make this post format properly by the way):

PHP:
[ QUOTE=muppet]
blah blah blah
gabba gabba hey
[ /QUOTE]

Simply copy and paste the QUOTE and /QUOTE bits to where you want to break it up. Like this:

PHP:
[ QUOTE=muppet]
blah blah blah
[ /QUOTE]

....your first response...

[ QUOTE=muppet]
gabba gabba hey
[ /QUOTE]

...your next response...

:thumbsup:

testing

testing

Is this helpful? Hope so. :) [/QUOTE]

Thank you thank you thank you Simmo!!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back