• I like to play maimum lines at any bet

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • I adjust my line and bet size often.

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters

Rusty

Banned User - repetitive flaming
"Tis the season to be poll'y"

This poll occured to me because I am often asked why only play 9 to 15 lines when some slots these Days have as many as 100 winlines.
I answer because for every bet you make (line you play) you are playing against the house edge.
Of course you can still bet the same amount playing more lines but I personally would rather play 9 lines at 5c than 45 lines at 1c as most slots are low variance anyway and this way there maybe fewer small returns but I am at least giving myself the chance to win something worthwhile.
IMO the only reason to play more lines would be on a very high variance slot where the wins are few but larger.
As far as entertainment is concerned there is still plenty happening playing 9 lines and I can still follow a winning line as it comes up.

Of course that is just my preference so I was wondering how other people play the slots.

Invariably if I play less than max lines the winning "5 of a kind" shows up on a line that is not active and I don't get it. Think that is just coincidence :confused::rolleyes:

Another great poll Rusty :thumbsup:

I voted for "I adjust my line and bet size often", although it does depend on what you call 'often'.

For me the number of lines depends on which slot I'm playing; I agree with you on high variance slots like Isis or Cashapillar - you have to bet all lines to get the best chance in the free-spins (if you can ever get them! :mad:).
On some of the 20, 25, 30 & 40 liners I tend to start off on 17 lines and only increase the number after say 100 spins with no decent wins. The 17 lines is just a personal thing I guess, not scientific, but I like to have these lines enabled:-
_ _ /\ _ _
_ _ /\ _ _
_ _ \/

As to bet sizes; well generally I'll do 25 spins at 80-90c/spin (in case I get early luck), then drop to half that for the next 100 spins. Then start increasing again by the same increment (e.g. 2c/4c/6c/8c/10c per line) every 25 or 50 spins (depending on which slot it is & how lucky I feel) until I either hit the feature, poop my pants or reach the maximum loss I am prepared to take.
When/if I hit the bonus feature I normally do another 25 spins at the same bet level in the hope of a quick repeat.
If the feature was a good one & I've made a reasonable profit from the session, I'll stop & change slots. If it was crap I may start over again, but this also depends on which slot it is and if I feel luck is coming my way. It's hard to describe how I reach this decision - it's a very personal thing based on past experiences with the particular slot in question.

KK

Thanks KK,
It is odd how cashapillar seems to play like a low variance slot for me as I hit the feature quite frequently even when only playing 13 lines.
I do not advocate playing maximum lines on this slot.

Have you tried cashapillar on say 15 lines or less?

Of course I have bad sessions but in general this slot is probally around the 90%+ payout mark for me (One of very few) and I have been infront on it on a few occasions.
Compare this with Hitman for eg a supposedly low variance slot where I often go several hundred spins without winning the main bonus round and when I do it is invariably garbage.
I probably have around 50% payout on that slot and that is over many thousands of spins.
Something very wrong there.

I admire your resolve KK, one of the hardest things to do is decrease your bet size at predetermined point as the "Just one more spin" philosophy usually overwhelms me so I try to stick to the same bet size only increasing after a very poor spell.

Looks like my slot playing stratergy is in the minority and given my results I am not surprised! :oops:
Time for a change?
Maybe different stratergies for different slots or maybe it does not affect the end result and it is just down to personal preference.

It is odd how cashapillar seems to play like a low variance slot for me as I hit the feature quite frequently even when only playing 13 lines.
I do not advocate playing maximum lines on this slot.

Have you tried cashapillar on say 15 lines or less?
Nope. I played it at 50 lines a couple of times when it first came out, but the thought of getting stacked wilds on the first few reels without coving all the lines is unbearable! So now it's always max lines for me.

Sounds like you have been incredibly lucky on it. :thumbsup: I reckon the feature only hits about the same as most other MG slots = about 1 in 130 to 140 spins.
I'm not sure of my return on it overall, it's probably not too bad, but it's definitely high variance in my book; you can get 100's of spins of tiny or no wins between hitting a 'biggie' or the free-spins. :(
I think of it the same as a progressive, cos if you got all the wilds it would be a mega pay-day!
One of my little dreams... :D

Im still the old fashioned type when it comes to slots. I think thats why I play DD at 3dice and I play the one reels at RTGs. Dont get me wrong, I love the real series at RTG or maybe Im just getting used to them

When I go to a B&M, I never ever play video slots, only one reel 3 coin max

How I play video when I do: I flucuate alot, it depends on how much I have. I play every line and try to play atleast 40 cents on 20 lines . My ideal would be $1-$2 but I simply cant afford it. There are times when Ill do 10 lines instead of 20 so my bet can be twice as high on the lines Im betting on

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back