Your Input Please Here's the photos of my accident Thursday Lucky or Unlucky??

dunover

Unofficial T&C's Editor
Staff member
webmeister
PABnonaccred
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm3
Note the grey plastic fascia split where my knees went through.

IMAG0040.jpg

The solid steel on the back of the stationary wagon stopped 18 inches from my head.

IMAG0038.jpg

Still very sore sternum/chest so can't breath deeply and get up/lie down and left knee won't bend. Plus back of neck sore. Thanks Santa. :(

I'm going with lucky. As a driver, your chances of being in an accident over your life are something like 1 in 1.
I was a passenger in the front when another car caved in the side -broke my back in 4 spots, threw me into the driver with enough force I broke her arm.
Cop said 'you'd have had your belt on, you'd be dead'. The fact that I'm walking today, I take it as lucky.

I'd say lucky. Glad to see you're ok.

alot of this happpens this time of year

tis the season for most drivers to be pre occupied thinking about xmas allways in a rush i call you lucky you came out ok i dont think it got much to do with santa but mabye a guardian angel :)

Yes I'd consider yourself lucky you weren't more badly hurt. If the car was a little lower or hit at a bit more of an angle, you might have been spending Christmas and New Year's in the hospital.

Funny - first thing I thought was WTF, where's the steering wheel? ;)

I didn't, but the driver did.
Ah... well if you weren't driving then you were very lucky.
But what on earth was the driver doing to crash into the back of another vehicle? :confused:

Glad you didn't get seriously hurt.

KK

Pheew Lucky! Glad you are ok mate. That just looks absolute crazy :eek:

Here is to a great 2014 for you and also happy birthday from other day. I think you are in for some very lucky months of gambling! :thumbsup:

You are one lucky bastard, no doubt about it.glad you're alright!:thumbsup:
I was in a similar accident, the hood had curled back from the impact and was 3 centimeters short of decapitating me, with one of the corners sticking trough the windscreen. never felt more alive :(

So glad that you got out of this with only minor injuries - although painful. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you win big soon to make up for this misery!

Bloody hell....you used up all your monthly measure of good fortune in one go there, Dunover - glad you're OK (well, sort off!)

Note the grey plastic fascia split where my knees went through.

View attachment 44205

The solid steel on the back of the stationary wagon stopped 18 inches from my head.

View attachment 44206

Still very sore sternum/chest so can't breath deeply and get up/lie down and left knee won't bend. Plus back of neck sore. Thanks Santa. :(

Red may be your lucky colour. You may be born in a year of the Element Earth as Fire is your lucky element. Do you have a 3Dice account? I wanna send you a lucky chip for pulling through all this.

Red may be your lucky colour. You may be born in a year of the Element Earth as Fire is your lucky element. Do you have a 3Dice account? I wanna send you a lucky chip for pulling through all this.

I'm actually born in year of the Dragon if that has any significance. I don't have a 3dice account but thanks!:thumbsup:

lol, as a German it took a while to realize that you sat in the left of the car though you didn´t drive :what:
Happy you year and new life :thumbsup:

Yes, in the civilized countries like the UK/Aus/NZ/S.Africa/Japan etc. we drive on the left...:D:D

...and I thought I were driving a small car.

What is that? A Golf Cart? Where's the engine on those things? Lucky to be alive indeed.