'Help Wanted' section

IanO

Regular Human
The last recruiter who placed me in a job got a few grand for doing so. I'm sure it's not as simple as it looks, but essentially they just took my CV and gave it to someone else who interviewed and then hired me.... was that work worth enough to buy a new car? I'm not convinced :)

I took a look in the 'help wanted' section here and it's pretty bleak. I see a couple of writers looking for work, but no jobs advertised.

So Bryan... why not re-vamp this whole section and expand on it. Become a 'recruiter' yourself, but at a fraction of the cost of the others already out there. You already have dozens if not hundreds of managers and industry professionals passing through on a daily basis, plus plenty of people who I'm sure would be interested in improving their career in e-gaming or possibly starting one.

In the meantime... why dont all you reps whose company’s use recruiters post the ads here too. I doubt your bosses would complain if you saved them a few grand in recruitment fees :)

This could become quite the moneyspinner if done correctly.

Thanks for the suggestions. I agree - it's pretty bleak, but I can only do so much in pointing people in this direction. You know what they say about leading horses to water... :D

I'll think about it some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back