Has anyone seen the movie "Joy Ride"?

chayton

aka LooHoo
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
There are these two young guys who pull a prank on a trucker, who then goes all crazy and chases them around for the rest of the movie. I caught the last 3/4 of the movie last night and now I'm curious if anyone has seen the beginning - what was the prank they played on the truck driver?

It's been a while since I've seen it but if I remember correctly: The two guys had a female companion. They called the truck driver and had her pretend to be interested in meeting him. She gives him a motel room number to meet. The truck driver then goes to that room and find someone else there (some man I guess that I don't think had anything to do with it). The truck driver goes ape shit I think and harms/kills the guy in the room. Then starts harassing the pranksters.

Anyway as I said it's been a while since I've seen it and even then I wasn't really to into it so I might be horribly wrong on how that all went down.

oh that makes sense of something - later in the movie the truck driver (on the CB) says something about the girl and the guys are saying "There's wasn't any girl" - maybe one of them just did a girlie voice or something....?

Yeah I wasn't interested enough to try to find it just to watch the beginning but it's been bugging me that I don't know what they did to cause the whole mess. Thanks!

Lewis Thomas (Paul Walker) was pretending to be a girl (Candy Cane) on the CB. His brother Fuller Thomas put him up to it. It was a joke gone bad:

The brothers stop at a truck stop near the Wyoming state line, where Fuller buys a CB radio for $40, merely for the purpose of fun and breaking the tension in the car. He chats with the other truckers in a mock hillbilly accent, giving himself and Lewis the handles "Black Sheep" and "Momma's Boy", respectively. One of the truckers gives a brief cryptic speech, and Fuller coaxes Lewis into playing a cruel prank on the mysterious driver, who identifies himself as "Rusty Nail" (Matthew Kimbrough). Lewis pretends to be an attractive young woman named Candy Cane, sets up a meeting with Rusty Nail in the motel where Lewis and Fuller will be spending the night, the Lone Star Motel in Table Rock, Wyoming, and tells him to bring pink champagne. Rusty Nail apparently falls for the joke, genuinely believing Lewis to be female.

Rather than giving Rusty Nail his own room number, room 18, Lewis gives him the number of the room next door, room 17, which is occupied by a largely built, highly irritable and obnoxious businessman by the name of Ronald Ellinghouse (Kenneth White), who had a brief altercation with Fuller earlier that night in the Lone Star reception, for which Fuller wants revenge, while racially abusing the Indian night manager. The joke takes a fatal turn when Rusty Nail visits Ellinghouse's room and is believed to have been attacked. The next morning, the brothers are questioned by the local police and discover that Ellinghouse was the one who was brutally attacked and horrifically mutilated, found alive nearby but in a coma, with his entire jawbone removed.

Trucks and highways reminds me of that old fiction story of an average Joe driving along minding his own business on a deserted highway when a bloody great truck roars up behind his car and starts a scary terror ride down hills at breakneck speeds....can't remember the title.

Trucks and highways reminds me of that old fiction story of an average Joe driving along minding his own business on a deserted highway when a bloody great truck roars up behind his car and starts a scary terror ride down hills at breakneck speeds....can't remember the title.

if i,m not wrong that had dennis weaver in it just can,t get the name to come to me right now.

it was called “Duel.

Last edited:

Wasn't "OVER THE TOP" by Sly Stallone about that??

The scary thing about that one is that Dennis Weaver's truck driver just got all psychotic because Dennis passed him. Too much like real life. :p

This one really reminded me of The Hitcher with Rutger Hauer.

The scary thing about that one is that Dennis Weaver's truck driver just got all psychotic because Dennis passed him. Too much like real life. :p

This one really reminded me of The Hitcher with Rutger Hauer.

Oh yeah! Another hair-raiser:eek:

Oh yeah! Another hair-raiser:eek:

I've been a fan of Rutger Hauer since Bladerunner, but he doesn't make it easy - he's been in some really crappy movies! But he was really creepy good in The Hitcher. I liked it way better than the remake - even Sean Bean couldn't make that one good and I really like him too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back