Green Bay Chill finally wins! Beat Chicago at Chicago !

Diane

Ueber Meister
Well after a very ugly drubbing at home last week (8-42) by the Seattle Mist, our Green Bay Chill ladies of the Lingerie Football League redeemed themselves well.

They beat Chicago Bliss 36-34 in Chicago. Huge win for this first year franchise team after an 0-2 start. Only 4 games are played by each team, so this win kept us barely alive in the conference.

My daughter, Annie Erler is the QB #19 for the Chill and had a great game. She was the MVP for the game.

Here are some links for those of you interested in hard hitting ladies football. I *hate* the sexist selling of the uniforms (sports bras and short shorts with dangling garters) --- but make no mistake, this is hard hitting TACKLE football. This is not powder puff strut around looking good -- its Athletes first, women second.

Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

Now we rest, heal, and take some time off before they start preparing for their next game in LAS VEGAS on Saturday 1/21/12. With only one league game played each week - its a looooong time between some of the games.

Proud Mama,

Diane

WTG Green Bay Chill!!!! You must be one proud Mama, Diane. Give your daughter my congrats! :)

Jo -
Thanks, will pass it along. She is getting lots of attention right now. Well deserved, she worked incredibly hard for this team.

Diane

Diane, you must be proud, but worried too.

Hope you can roadtrip to watch her in Vegas baby!

Absolutely! We will be there with plenty of extended family and friends as well.

You are right about the "worry" part. She has this huge target on her back - every team knows she is the "Playmaker" and they want to "take her out". I alternate between "Hail Mary's and "Our Father's" just about every play, since she plays both Offense and Defense for them.

She jammed her thumb stripping the ball early in game -- and saw her this afternoon at friend's house and she was black and blue n bruised. But she loves what she is doing and wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks,
Diane

I was a very rough and tumble kind of gal, pretty much my entire life (minus the last 6-7 years) and yep, you get lots of bruises and wounds, but they mean nothing when you enjoy what you are doing and accomplish what you set out to do. I admire your daughter for that very reason, Diane!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back