Get YAHOO - and Senator Lugar - To pass the Message to the MEDIA!!!

WagerWitch

Dormant account
webmeister
If we can get enough people to comment on YAHOO - "TALK TO POWER" - Judy Woodruff.

about the Gambling Add-on to this BILL - YAHOO - will have to discuss it!

Please consider commenting on this BILL at:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Please - pass the news on to everyone!

Wager Witch

Done

Senator Lugar, On Saturday, September 30th, the House and Senate approved an Internet Gambling bill which was underhandedly tacked onto the Port Authority bill. It is my understanding that there was no debate, no consideration given... it was simply added on by Frist and a couple of others. This is allowed?? Senators can just add whatever they want onto essential, sure to pass bills? It seems this bill makes it illegal for banks and credit card companies to make payments to online gambling sites. I don't believe that credit card companies will currently process internet gambling transactions anyway. So we come down to the banks monitoring customer accounts, policing what Americans can and cannot spend and where? I must do more research on this, but I am running out of time. The Port Authority bill will, no doubt, be signed by the President by October 13th. How many Americans know that the simple signing of the Port Authroity Bill (an essential bill) which has had an Internet gambling ban bill slipped in, will also be the signing away of their rights? Thank you for taking the time to consider the opinions and concerns of everyday citizens.

OK people!! Let's go!! Comments re: online gambling act have garnered some attention...

Below are some highlights of the questions and issues raised for Sen. Lugar by Yahoo! readers.

.........On term limits

"What is your view on Congressional term limits? Your work in the Senate over the past 30 years has been greatly appreciated, but I worry about a politician from any party who has power for that long."

On online gambling

The senate's inclusion of a ban on online gambling as an attachment to an unrelated bill drew anger from some readers. "Senator Lugar, why has the senate passed a prohibition on online gambling rather than studying the issue further with respect to regulation? We know from history that prohibitions only move the activity underground creating unnecessary illegal activities, especially when those activities are as popular as poker."

Go to Meki's link and post your concerns, please!

Hopefully the Senator will address the issue...

Last edited:
NOTE:

THIS ISSUE IS STILL ACCEPTING QUESTIONS - IT MADE THE MAIN INTERVIEW...

PLEASE KEEP POSTING.

Damn... Sorry about all the caps - but guys... I'm on a soapbox... and we have 2 days left.

I really believe in unification right now!

Wager Witch

Anyone know what happened to the Washington protest Debbie Richardson was putting together for Columbus Day?

As of Wednesday evening we had received nearly 500 questions and comments for our current guest, Sen. Richard Lugar (news, bio, voting record). He will be responding to selected questions on Thursday, Oct. 12.

I don't think any of his responses have been posted yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back